Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans VS Wimberley Texans

MEM

[quote name="trojfan427" post="1140806" timestamp="1323199231"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1140691#msg1140691 date=1323189596]
[quote author=cat001 link=topic=92625.msg1140614#msg1140614 date=1323182475]
Trojans keep on rolling all the way to Jerry's World!

CS- 27
Wimberly-13
[/quote]

I don't know much about either team but going off numbers I think this game is going to be a lot closer than this. Sure Coldspring has blown out all their teams but it was a very easy schedule. Wimberley had some challenging opponents. I think it could go either way by 3 or less.
[/quote]

I think you are overlooking coldsprings passing game and the trojan D, we stopped a very high powered offense in WOS and only allowed 13 pts, i think another big key here is that , our D doesnt really allow a offense to get in a rhythm, we force a lot of turnovers and penalties, goin to be interesting to watch, i think the fact that we won this game last year is gunna make this a very good game come friday night
[/quote]

Right, and that gives Wimberley so much stake in this game!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="boto24" post="1141182" timestamp="1323224768"]
An article with some insight into Coldspring from October:
[url=http://m.ihigh.com/northhouston/article_86832.html] http://m.ihigh.com/northhouston/article_86832.html [/url]
[/quote]

This really doesn't tell me much. After looking at the numbers I think that CS-O's running back is good but I think his stats are a little padded due to the weakness of schedule. I still think this game is going to be close. I wouldn't want to play either team but that is unavoidable at this point. Go Eagles!

It looks like you was moved up after your win against Gilmer. So, don't act like the predicitions mean something now. If it does you should of lost to Gilmer. lol. We love when people say we had a easy schedule or easy playoff run. Yes, Wimberly is not easy and our boys are only looking Day by Day but be careful what you ask for. If we both win you will get your shot at this easy scheduled, one dimensional, playoff weak team. I can hear it now when you lose this week or next, like refs suck, ball wet, kids arm hurt, wind blowing or I heard a dog bark and distracted everyone. I hope we play, I don't think our boys are intimidated. Remember everyone on this team scrimaged or was opposite a State Runner-up Player everyday last year at his time, while your boys were shooting free throws. The edge goes to us or Wimberly.

[quote name="captredass" post="1141206" timestamp="1323226252"]
It looks like you was moved up after your win against Gilmer. So, don't act like the predicitions mean something now. If it does you should of lost to Gilmer. lol. We love when people say we had a easy schedule or easy playoff run. Yes, Wimberly is not easy and our boys are only looking Day by Day but be careful what you ask for. If we both win you will get your shot at this easy scheduled, one dimensional, playoff weak team. I can hear it now when you lose this week or next, like refs suck, ball wet, kids arm hurt, wind blowing or I heard a dog bark and distracted everyone. I hope we play, I don't think our boys are intimidated. Remember everyone on this team scrimaged or was opposite a State Runner-up Player everyday last year at his time, while your boys were shooting free throws. The edge goes to us or Wimberly.
[/quote]

I'm more interested in your plan for beating your opponents not your opinion. Argyle has had a tougher schedule than anyone in the 3A D2 playoffs up to this point. We know tough matchups so don't discount "the edge" we have too.

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141215" timestamp="1323226720"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=92625.msg1141206#msg1141206 date=1323226252]
[/quote]

I'm more interested in your plan for beating your opponents not your opinion. Argyle has had a tougher schedule than anyone in the 3A D2 playoffs up to this point. We know tough matchups so don't discount "the edge" we have too.
[/quote] Pffft, A plan is an opinion...Plan A is only a place to start. Plan-A is- Score more points than your opponent, Hmmm, where do we go from here? You want us to send our playbook? OK, check your mail everyday. Our plan for this week? Beat Wimberly, A very respectable team. Then make A PLAN to beat the next team...whoever that might be. DAY BY DAY. 

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141215" timestamp="1323226720"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=92625.msg1141206#msg1141206 date=1323226252]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Our "plan for beating our opponents" is probably about the same as yours for the rest of the playoffs/state games.  Show up early, find a good seat in the bleachers, use the restroom and go to the concession stand before the game starts.  Cheer for our team.  That sounds about like my game plan for friday.  Hang on, coach is calling. 

The tougher schedule point, maybe a good point but it didn't work out very well for Gilmer. Thats why you play the game. "The plan for beating our opponents" is to make every prediction board and person think we just had a easy schedule and really not that good. Then bring their world down. Its been working so far. Every team we played had a tougher schedule, so what else do you have, to say Argyle wins this Friday or the next. I believe you have confidence after beating Gilmer but by your same site stats, it may have been a fluke. Thats why tougher schedule stats don't give you a "edge". Our edge is last year we got to practice several more weeks than you.

it dont matter who has the tougher schedule , who beat who, none of that matters its the 5th Round of playoffs, obviously none of these teams are weak otherwise they wouldnt be here, we arent gunna sit here and say we are the best in 3A and talk a big game, we just show up every friday and prove it on the field, if we lose we know we played 110% and they just had a better game then us and we will tip our hats to wimberly and wish them the best of luck and cheer them on, if we win we will be good sportsman and shake their hands and thank them for a great game and prepare for the next one. DAY BY DAY!!!

[quote name="trojfan427" post="1141278" timestamp="1323230514"]
[b]it dont matter who has the tougher schedule , who beat who, none of that matters its the 5th Round of playoffs, obviously none of these teams are weak otherwise they wouldnt be here,[/b] we arent gunna sit here and say we are the best in 3A and talk a big game, we just show up every friday and prove it on the field, if we lose we know we played 110% and they just had a better game then us and we will tip our hats to wimberly and wish them the best of luck and cheer them on, if we win we will be good sportsman and shake their hands and thank them for a great game and prepare for the next one. DAY BY DAY!!!
[/quote]

That about sums it up...If you're still playing you're doing something right...You can only play and beat whatever team is in front of you...So far CS is 9-1 in their last 10 playoff games....I'm sure there are plenty of other teams from better districts who would like to have a similar record the last two years in the playoffs...

Yea, lets not look past Wimberly yet, they were pretty scrappy last year for most of the game, we will contend with the ArgyleEagle stat guru next week, he's a typical HOMER who only knows what the stat sheets say, same as everyone else we played last year, he needs to get his tuba loaded on the bus and hope they make it past this week, we'll start thinking about them next week if they make it. DAY BY DAY.

Nope we're really small...There has been speculation as to whether CS could possibly drop down to 2A this next realignment...

Haven't see the official numbers for realignment or know exactly what CS will or has already reported but I bet it'll be fairly close...

[quote name="daysgoby65" post="1141273" timestamp="1323230129"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1140459#msg1140459 date=1323135855]
You guys need to check out Smoakhouse Forums. Good stuff there.
[/quote] Guess you came here because these guys weren't giving you respect? Where is the Argyle VS Monahans thread?
[/quote]

I like to cross-reference all sports forums that's why I actively participate in discussion on each. And there are those threads on both forums.

[quote name="trojfan427" post="1141278" timestamp="1323230514"]
it dont matter who has the tougher schedule , who beat who, none of that matters its the 5th Round of playoffs, obviously none of these teams are weak otherwise they wouldnt be here, we arent gunna sit here and say we are the best in 3A and talk a big game, we just show up every friday and prove it on the field, if we lose we know we played 110% and they just had a better game then us and we will tip our hats to wimberly and wish them the best of luck and cheer them on, if we win we will be good sportsman and shake their hands and thank them for a great game and prepare for the next one. DAY BY DAY!!!
[/quote]

Absolutely the schedule means a lot. It means that you have played the right teams to mentally and physically prepare you for the type of matchups you will find in the playoffs.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1141359" timestamp="1323264051"]
Yea, lets not look past Wimberly yet, they were pretty scrappy last year for most of the game, we will contend with the ArgyleEagle stat guru next week, he's a typical HOMER who only knows what the stat sheets say, same as everyone else we played last year, he needs to get his tuba loaded on the bus and hope they make it past this week, we'll start thinking about them next week if they make it. DAY BY DAY.
[/quote]

I've been a hard follower of Argyle Football since I graduated there. I went to College and graduated with a construction engineering degree. I never played in a band. I'm pretty good at gauging how good my team is. I've been more worried in the past two weeks than this week. But you are right...Day by Day..See ya in Arlington.

To be honest I think we got the right amount of moxy to win it all.  We left some unfinished business in Dallas last year.  We aim to make it back and finish it off.  Day by Day that is the motto of this team.  Just like when we played with phrases like "Do Right", "Nobody", and "We Believe".  We have been close a couple times.  I think this is our time to bring the title back to the piney woods. Good luck and safe travels this weekend.  I can't make the game because of work, but will be following the game on 92.3 The Eagle.  Go Trojans!

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1141557" timestamp="1323282864"]
To be honest I think we got the right amount of moxy to win it all.  We left some unfinished business in Dallas last year.  We aim to make it back and finish it off.  Day by Day that is the motto of this team.  Just like when we played with phrases like "Do Right", "Nobody", and "We Believe".  We have been close a couple times.  I think this is our time to bring the title back to the piney woods. Good luck and safe travels this weekend.  I can't make the game because of work, but will be following the game on 92.3 The Eagle.  Go Trojans!
[/quote]

Do you know anything about Argyle?

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=124802&st=160&gopid=1658264&

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141564" timestamp="1323283470"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=92625.msg1141557#msg1141557 date=1323282864]
[/quote]

Yeah I have seen highlights.  I know y'all are good and very athletic, but that does not mean y'all are unbeatable.  Yes I have been on that other forum.  Just because Gilmer and Carthage fans are stroking y'alls ego because y'all beat them dont mean y'all are gonna win. 

[/quote]

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1141581" timestamp="1323284509"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1141564#msg1141564 date=1323283470]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=92625.msg1141557#msg1141557 date=1323282864]
[/quote]

Yeah I have seen highlights.  I know y'all are good and very athletic, but that does not mean y'all are unbeatable.  Yes I have been on that other forum.  Just because Gilmer and Carthage fans are stroking y'alls ego because y'all beat them dont mean y'all are gonna win. 

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well if we are beatable so is Coldspring and Wimberley

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder