Shawn Prudhomme.....Is he the BEST in SETX this year?

BADSANTA

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1159430" timestamp="1326504082"]
Wasnt a under cut! Nice hard playoff type foul. No dunking in our house!
[/quote]

Santa just stop - you weren't even there so please quit commenting on something that you're hearing about secondhand.   

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bradyb" post="1160503" timestamp="1326637937"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=92402.msg1159825#msg1159825 date=1326546520]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=92402.msg1159821#msg1159821 date=1326544691]
He is top 5 but not #1..I believe Jordan Holmes is the best all around player in setx..then Christian from central  thenShawn
[/quote]

You are more delusional than I thought that you were!!!!
[/quote]
??
I'm not saying this because I'm a Silsbee fan, Shawn is a very explosive basketball player, but he can't shoot, he can't dribble, and he can't handle presure obviously from the game saturday night
[/quote]

Then no doubt we can expect you  to be at the next game and back up your claim?

[quote name="bmrm" post="1160543" timestamp="1326648274"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=92402.msg1159430#msg1159430 date=1326504082]
[/quote]

Santa just stop - you weren't even there so please quit commenting on something that you're hearing about secondhand. 
[/quote]

Bro I On the sideline last year when it happened! What are you talking about. Ask Aggie!

I'm a Silsbee fan to the heart and Jordan Holmes is one heck of a player but I don't see him as the best in SETX. Kristian Smith then Prudhomme. Shawn has the size of a 2 guard but player very aggressive on the blocks. Smith has the size and skill set to play D1 basketball at like a Lamar, SFA, Sam Houston etc... Shawn s too short 6'4 to okay down low in D1 but could be a guard if he improves his shooting and ball handling. I think the heart and soul of that Silsbee team is Chris Elam.

[quote name="ST413" post="1160596" timestamp="1326652556"]
I was there and talked to people from both teams and none thought the foul was any more than a player trying to make a play.  They felt Sean just fell awkwardly after the contact.
[/quote]

I was there too and had a much better view being in the concession area - yeah Sean fell awkwardly because he had his legs cut out from underneath him.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1160818" timestamp="1326665356"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=92402.msg1160543#msg1160543 date=1326648274]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bro I On the sideline last year when it happened! What are you talking about. Ask Aggie!
[/quote]

Bro, it's obvious you weren't there when you have to include a third party to back up your claim.  When are you going to realize that I can see through your smokescreen and see that you are full of bs? 

Ok guys, I am not on here to just talk noise. I truly believe Jordan is the best player in SETX. And what  are you talking about me being at the next game to back my argument up? I didn't say silsbee is better than HJ. I'm saying Shawn is not the best player. He is definitely the most explosive. And silsbee was the first team that HJ has played that is competition. That's why y'all were 27-0. Play 27 weak teams, of course you will win all of them. The only record that counts now is silsbee 1-0. HJ 0-1.

how dare any of you get on a public forum and single out one player. a player that was a MINOR child until this past friday! i would hope for your sake that no one of does this to any of your children.  i know that this kid in particular could absolutely care less what any one on this website has to say about him or any one else for that matter. he loves to play basketball. that's it! he will play at the next level, and it will have nothing to do with any of the contributions that any of you will claim to have made or try to take credit for. it will be because of what his current coaches, family, and teachers pushing him to be his best on the court and off.

[quote name="bradyb" post="1161118" timestamp="1326725932"]
Ok guys, I am not on here to just talk noise.[b] I truly believe Jordan is [/b] [b]the best player in SETX.[/b] And what  are you talking about me being at the next game to back my argument up? I didn't say silsbee is better than HJ. I'm saying Shawn is not the best player. He is definitely the most explosive. And silsbee was the first team that HJ has played that is competition. That's why y'all were 27-0. Play 27 weak teams, of course you will win all of them. The only record that counts now is silsbee 1-0. HJ 0-1.
[/quote]

Yeah- sure- and 9-11 was an inside job

[quote name="bmrm" post="1161074" timestamp="1326689829"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=92402.msg1160818#msg1160818 date=1326665356]
[/quote]

I don't have to prove to you I was at the game LAST YEAR! Sat with former Tigers Willlie Jones, Damion Bush, and for the 1st half sat next to Aggie and Lazeek. How else would I know Aggie kept that door open all night to freeze most of the fans. Dumb Dumb!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bro, it's obvious you weren't there when you have to include a third party to back up your claim.  When are you going to realize that I can see through your smokescreen and see that you are full of bs?
[/quote]

[quote name="birdmascot" post="1161122" timestamp="1326726712"]

Which player are you refering too?

how dare any of you get on a public forum and single out one player. a player that was a MINOR child until this past friday! i would hope for your sake that no one of does this to any of your children.  i know that this kid in particular could absolutely care less what any one on this website has to say about him or any one else for that matter. he loves to play basketball. that's it! he will play at the next level, and it will have nothing to do with any of the contributions that any of you will claim to have made or try to take credit for. it will be because of what his current coaches, family, and teachers pushing him to be his best on the court and off.
[/quote]

Basketball knowledge. Being explosive is great, and gets the fans pumped. But as far as basketball skills, Shawn does not have all of the skills it takes to be considered the best. IMO OF COURSE, and I respect your opinion, but there is more to basketball then just being explosive and being a great rebounder. Not taking anything from Shawn because he is very explosove and I would love to see him make it all the way. But as of right now, he is not better than smith from Central or Holmes from Silsbee

[quote name="bradyb" post="1161479" timestamp="1326820032"]
Basketball knowledge. Being explosive is great, and gets the fans pumped. But as far as basketball skills, Shawn does not have all of the skills it takes to be considered the best. IMO OF COURSE, and I respect your opinion, but there is more to basketball then just being explosive and being a great rebounder. Not taking anything from Shawn because he is very explosove and I would love to see him make it all the way. But as of right now, he is not better than smith from Central or Holmes from Silsbee
[/quote]

Plenty of people have basketball knowledge so dont get the idea that you "know something" that somebody else doesnt.  So far, you have offered only words.  You have offered nothing concrete that separates Holmes from Prudhomme.  Yes there is more to being a great basketball player than being explosive and a great rebounder just as there is more to being a great basketball player than being fast.  Perhaps you ought to gather up the two aformentioned players stats for the season and also for just the last game and make your case based on that.  Or, better yet, go ask someone in the program at Lamar or SFA or even Sam Houston and get their opinion.

[quote name="bmrm" post="1161074" timestamp="1326689829"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=92402.msg1160818#msg1160818 date=1326665356]
[/quote]

Your annoying and a joke! HJ lost! Deal with it! I did see that 3 pointer hit NET at put the score 59-56. You lose!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1161499" timestamp="1326821793"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92402.msg1161495#msg1161495 date=1326821617]
Maybe rename this to: Most Valuable Player ;)
[/quote]
Most valuable player for their team?
[/quote]Yep, it seems like the criteria for best player is wide. Maybe one kid is not the best player but maybe the most valuable

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder