Shawn Prudhomme.....Is he the BEST in SETX this year?

BADSANTA

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="sleepy" post="1134515" timestamp="1322590880"]
I don't care where they rank the kid......fact of the matter is he could play for LU!
[/quote].                                                                                                                    Who u talking bout?  Trust me it's not easy playing for Lamar, their have been plenty of great players in this area that go to JUCO. People need to realize Lamar is D1 in basketball!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="#1 Manager" post="1135238" timestamp="1322633318"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=92402.msg1134515#msg1134515 date=1322590880]
I don't care where they rank the kid......fact of the matter is he could play for LU!
[/quote].                                                                                                                    Who u talking bout?  Trust me it's not easy playing for Lamar, their have been plenty of great players in this area that go to JUCO. People need to realize Lamar is D1 in basketball!
[/quote]

Lamar had an H-J player on the squad a few years
back - can't remember his name because I'm having
a senior moment, but he was a very good player.  In my opinion, Prudhomme is a better all-round player than XXXXX was.  But, what do I know?

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1135246" timestamp="1322635268"]
[quote author=#1 Manager link=topic=92402.msg1135238#msg1135238 date=1322633318]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=92402.msg1134515#msg1134515 date=1322590880]
[/quote]

Lamar had an H-J player on the squad a few years
back - can't remember his name because I'm having
a senior moment, but he was a very good player.  In my opinion, Prudhomme is a better all-round player than XXXXX was.  But, what do I know?
[/quote]

Very much agree

Kenyon was from HJ.  I played with him.  Kenyon is a great friend of mine and one of the all time greats to ever wear an HJ uniform.  Kenyon was more mature than Shawn at a younger age.  As a sophomore and probably even junior I would have taken Kenyon.  With what Shawn has done with his game and in the weight room this summer as a senior there is no question that Prudhomme is the better player due to his athleticism and size.  Shawn has clearly worked very hard over the offseason and it is showing.  Good for him!!!

I have watched as many or more Lamar games over the last 20 years than anyone on this board and I can tell you right now that Shawn can play at Lamar.  He may not be a star as a freshman but with his size and athleticism he can play in the Southland.  Just a fact.

He lit them up yes.  Was not quite 39 but more like 29 I believe.  He was the player of the game and it was quite a moment for a kid from Nome, Tx.  Kenyon was always mature beyond his years.  When he was 15 he had the mind and body of an 18 year old.  He did not grow after his 16th birthday.  He was three time all state. Kenyon is now an assistant at Brown University.

Shawn is much different.  Tall and skinny and sometimes his body could not catch up with his brain when he was a sophomore.  Don't get me wrong shawn was a good player as a sophomore but the difference from then to now is truly amazing and it is a combination of pure hard work and his body maturing.  The thing about Shawn is if I were a betting man he will probably grow a little more and he will definitely continue to improve his shooting as he has from year to year.  The kid has a great work ethic and he is very coachable which is hard to come by these days when you are a star player.

I know Prudhomme is a great player and everything, this kid has done amazing things against 3A schools and some 4A but when he played Nederland as a Jr. the kid scored like 4pts. on a tough Nederland team. Locked down by Kelvin Smith(and scored on Prudhomme many times) who aint even playing college ball and didnt even get to play for Lamar!  Prudhomme might have gotten better but  from an inside stand point at Lamar, with Coach Knight here it has gotten harder for local kids to be recruited.  Prudhomme will probably go prove me wrong and just start going off every game, but Im just stating it is harder than u think to play for Lamar.  Best of Luck to Prudhomme on a great senior season and for his future basketball career!

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="1135536" timestamp="1322675705"]
I know Prudhomme is a great player and everything, this kid has done amazing things against 3A schools and some 4A but when he played Nederland as a Jr. the kid scored like 4pts. on a tough Nederland team. Locked down by Kelvin Smith(and scored on Prudhomme many times) who aint even playing college ball and didnt even get to play for Lamar!  Prudhomme might have gotten better but  from an inside stand point at Lamar, with Coach Knight here it has gotten harder for local kids to be recruited.  Prudhomme will probably go prove me wrong and just start going off every game, but Im just stating it is harder than u think to play for Lamar.  Best of Luck to Prudhomme on a great senior season and for his future basketball career!
[/quote]

What does his junior season have to do anything.  Why don't you ask coach English how "locked down" he would be if Mr. Smith were guarding him right now?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1135560" timestamp="1322677282"]
[quote author=#1 Manager link=topic=92402.msg1135536#msg1135536 date=1322675705]
[/quote]

What does his junior season have to do anything.  Why don't you ask coach English how "locked down" he would be if Mr. Smith were guarding him right now?
[/quote]Nash, you are aware that K. Smith from last year's Nederland team was the district Defensive player of the year, correct?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1135563" timestamp="1322677615"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=92402.msg1135560#msg1135560 date=1322677282]
[quote author=#1 Manager link=topic=92402.msg1135536#msg1135536 date=1322675705]
[/quote]

[/quote]Nash, you are aware that K. Smith from last year's Nederland team was the district Defensive player of the year, correct?
[/quote]

I am absolutely aware of that and I am suggesting to you that if you could "freeze" Mr. Smith in time from last year and put him on the floor with the Shawn Prudhomme of today, there would be NO lockdown.  Prudhomme is going to get 10 points a game on putbacks and few if any have much to say about that.  Of course, that's just my opinion and if someone really wants a good answer, Coach English could give an educated opinion that might or might not validate my opinion.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1135574" timestamp="1322678736"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92402.msg1135563#msg1135563 date=1322677615]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=92402.msg1135560#msg1135560 date=1322677282]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am absolutely aware of that and I am suggesting to you that if you could "freeze" Mr. Smith in time from last year and put him on the floor with the Shawn Prudhomme of today, there would be NO lockdown.  Prudhomme is going to get 10 points a game on putbacks and few if any have much to say about that.  Of course, that's just my opinion and if someone really wants a good answer, Coach English could give an educated opinion that might or might not validate my opinion.
[/quote]I don't know, man.  :) :) .  I know Prudhomme is good, but K. Smith was an animal on the defensive end and IMO, was just as athletic as Prudhomme is this year.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1135623" timestamp="1322682281"]
Ok- we are both entitled to our opinions.  A lot of mine is based upon seeing him perform against Nederland and Central.  Kristian Smith is very athletic as well but it did not impair Prudhommes effort.
[/quote]I was talking about Kelvin Smith from Nederland last year, not Kristian Smith from  Central.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami