What is the UIL going to do about LaMarque

Z04AEA

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Z04AEA" post="1133556" timestamp="1322499165"]
There obviously needs to be a punishment here. Does any one know what is going to happen to the cougars?
[/quote]
One can only speculate for now and don't forget that Ozen is involved here as well. Until a formal descision is rendered by the appropriate parties their is realy nothing to discuss. I'm pretty sure it will be posted when the news comes out.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1133562" timestamp="1322499473"]
[quote author=Z04AEA link=topic=92332.msg1133556#msg1133556 date=1322499165]
There obviously needs to be a punishment here. Does any one know what is going to happen to the cougars?
[/quote]

Nothing will come of it.
[/quote]
HMMMM! Well, you were right about the Crockett thing.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1133559" timestamp="1322499406"]
There obviously needs to be a punishment here. [b]Does any one know what is going to happen to the cougars?[/b][/quote]
One can only speculate for now [b]and don't forget that Ozen is involved here as well.[/b] Until a formal descision is rendered by the appropriate parties their is realy nothing to discuss. I'm pretty sure it will be posted when the news comes out.
[/quote]

LOL!

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1133581" timestamp="1322500749"]
[/quote]

How many times did you lose to LM in high school?
[/quote]

have to say i was fortunate enough to never have to play those guys. i played along side a couple in college. that was before they were kicked off the team of course. poor grades and poor attitudes is a poor combination

[quote name="Z04AEA" post="1133589" timestamp="1322501267"]
[quote author=Coog4eva link=topic=92332.msg1133581#msg1133581 date=1322500749]
[/quote]

How many times did you lose to LM in high school?
[/quote]

have to say i was fortunate enough to never have to play those guys. i played along side a couple in college. that was before they were kicked off the team of course. poor grades and poor attitudes is a poor combination
[/quote]

Name them?

this is a forum. i will not name people specifically. that is just tacky. i am only speaking from my experiences from playing along side some LMHS alum. As far as punishment, which is what this thread is about. I encourage all of you that have a problem with the punishment to have your voice heard besides in this forum. email the UIL directors directly. If i can recall, manvel and dawson fought in a 7 on 7 tournament over the summer. Both schools were disqualified and the boys were punished. So what message is that sending to not punish the Cougars.

[quote name="vp32" post="1133582" timestamp="1322500769"]
I'll tell you what needs to happen. Both teams need to be disqualified from there next games. For Ozen that's next years first game and for La Marque that's the game with Manvel. Now that may not happen but its what needs to happen.
[/quote]

that is a great idea....

I don't see anything happening probably til after the season is over. Anyone know what the UIL rules have to say about this sort of situation ? Either way both teams are at fault regardless of who started it. Both teams reacted. The UIL could choose to just put both teams on probation for next year. Not much there anyway just a formal form of showing they investigated and distributed fair punishment. Best thing is that no one or no player were seriously injured. Its terrible that something like this happened to begin with, both teams now have black eyes on them from a public perspective. Also the state of Texas now has a big black eye on it because of this. It's unfortunate that this happened. ? Is this going to create a situation in the future that 2 teams that have played can no longer go out on the field and shake hands. Things like this Brawl can actually change the face of sportsmanship in the state with UIL changes.

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1133599" timestamp="1322501829"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92332.msg1133582#msg1133582 date=1322500769]
I'll tell you what needs to happen. Both teams need to be disqualified from there next games. For Ozen that's next years first game and for La Marque that's the game with Manvel. Now that may not happen but its what needs to happen.
[/quote]

that is a great idea....
[/quote]

Not so sure that is a great idea. Seems a bit unfair. Big difference in forfeiting a non district game versus a Regional championship game. But, something needs to be done in some capacity but I don't see anything really happening to either school.

[quote name="Z04AEA" post="1133598" timestamp="1322501787"]
this is a forum. i will not name people specifically. that is just tacky. i am only speaking from my experiences from playing along side some LMHS alum. As far as punishment, which is what this thread is about. I encourage all of you that have a problem with the punishment to have your voice heard besides in this forum. email the UIL directors directly. If i can recall, manvel and dawson fought in a 7 on 7 tournament over the summer. Both schools were disqualified and the boys were punished. So what message is that sending to not punish the Cougars.
[/quote]

I understand that but your comments are pointless without facts to back up your claims. You seem to be a lot younger than I am. I know the kids (personally and family) from over the last 15 years (listed on our football site) that play/played ball at the next level and I also know many of there successes and failures and none match what you have posted. FYI: 7 on 7 is not UIL sanctioned.

I think DQ'ing La Marque from the game this week as unfair.  Because I'm sure that there were kids in Cougar uniforms that kept there composure and simply tried to break things up.  But as for those involved... There must be some punishment.  Now Ozen on the other hand, should be required to punish their students also.  Punishment shouldn't be passed over because you loss. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1133604" timestamp="1322502078"]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=92332.msg1133599#msg1133599 date=1322501829]
[/quote]

that is a great idea....
[/quote]

Not so sure that is a great idea. Seems a bit unfair. Big difference in forfeiting a non district game versus a Regional championship game. But, something needs to be done in some capacity but I don't see anything really happening to either school.
[/quote]
They should've thought about that when they were fighting. Just because one school has more to lose doesn't mean that they shouldn't get the same punishment as the other. That's like saying two kids get in a fight in school and one of them happens to be the star quarterback for the football team. And the usual punishment for fighting is a ticket and suspension but everyone is saying don't suspend them because tonight is the game and we will not be able to play him.

which is why i state things from my experiences only. and we are talking about principle. not whether the tournament is advised by UIL.  the message it is sending to the students who work hard everyday and turn the other cheek. its really sad. i just hope the integrity of the sport is no longer compromised

[quote name="vp32" post="1133609" timestamp="1322502765"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=92332.msg1133604#msg1133604 date=1322502078]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=92332.msg1133599#msg1133599 date=1322501829]
[/quote]

that is a great idea....
[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]They should've thought about that when they were fighting[/b]. Just because one school has more to lose doesn't mean that they shouldn't get the same punishment as the other. That's like saying two kids get in a fight in school and one of them happens to be the star quarterback for the football team. And the usual punishment for fighting is a ticket and suspension but everyone is saying don't suspend them because tonight is the game and we will not be able to play him.
[/quote]
You have obviously never been in a fight. No one thinks, they react to the situation laid upon them. And your comparison is not a good one. Suspending a player vs a whole team, no comparison at all.

The panthers had a record breaking season, those kids and coaches did something that had never been done before in school history. It is sad that the incident from saturday will blemish their hard work and accomplishments. I just want to tell panther nation congrats on a great season.

How about just making them ineligible for the next seasons playoffs... like they do with College teams that violate the rules in certain situations... maybe setting a precedence such as harsh at this might make one think twice before committing such an act. I understand it may not be fair to certain student athletes for the following year but it might deter such incidents from occurring... and would defiantly make the coaches be more proactive in stopping this type of actions... just my opinion...

Suspend the head coaches from both schools for the first 3 games next year, and no playoff appearance next year. This will get the coaches and players attention. I doubt these two teams will be allowed to play at Stallworth in the future. The one's involved this year should be sent to alternative school just like if you get in a fight at school That way the seniors this year get sort of punishment). To top it off, make both schools write apology letters to each other. This all seems harsh, but it's a serious issue that needs to be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

I agree that LM shouldn't have to forfeit the next game. That's unfair to them since Ozen is out of the playoffs. BTW, I want to comment on the posters bashing the cops. You guys that bash cops are clueless, there are bad apples in every profession, but this was a situation where no administrator, parent, coach, etc.. has a say so in how the cops handle your students, kids, etc.. If you fight, it's against the law and the police have every right to take action whether you like it or not. If you want to buck the cops then you'll be dealt with either by more cops, pepper spray, taser, or whatever. The cops did the right thing with the least amount of force to control a situation that was out of control. They should've started putting some people in jail to make a point, but they didn't and you still have people crying about the cops. Obey the law!!!! ok, off my soap box.

i will say this before i leave. i really hope this incident will make the la marque school district open their eyes. this is the third scandal in one semester. First your volleyball plays are on the  news caught on camera steal thousands of dollars worth of items. Next you have a coach that involved in a scandal with young girls. Now this. How much bad press does a school need before things start to change over there. Because until then, enrollement numbers will drop and LaMarque might be 2A before you know it. I wish you all the best

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1133639" timestamp="1322504382"]
Suspend the head coaches from both schools for the first 3 games next year, and no playoff appearance next year. This will get the coaches and players attention. I doubt these two teams will be allowed to play at Stallworth in the future. The one's involved this year should be sent to alternative school just like if you get in a fight at school That way the seniors this year get sort of punishment). To top it off, make both schools write apology letters to each other. This all seems harsh, but it's a serious issue that needs to be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

I agree that LM shouldn't have to forfeit the next game. That's unfair to them since Ozen is out of the playoffs. BTW, I want to comment on the posters bashing the cops. You guys that bash cops are clueless, there are bad apples in every profession, but this was a situation where no administrator, parent, coach, etc.. has a say so in how the cops handle your students, kids, etc.. If you fight, it's against the law and the police have every right to take action whether you like it or not. If you want to buck the cops then you'll be dealt with either by more cops, papper spray, taser, or whatever. The cops did the right thing with the least amount of force to control a situation that was out of control. They should've started putting some people in jail to make a point, but they didn't and you still have people crying about the cops. Obey the law!!!! ok, off my soap box.
[/quote]

Now this is a post that makes sense.  You have to remove the biased temptations to make a good point.  I totally agree that people are clueless regarding the cops and folks in charge of security.  You have to be able to use sopme type of force when your dealing with emotional, hyped up, tetosterome filled young men.  Especially if they are wearing pads and cleats.  I am sure both schools are not happy this happened as they nervously wait for the consequences of the actions of a few that chose poorly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder