Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

[quote name="WOS92" post="1135165" timestamp="1322626173"]
[quote author=CS 13-0 link=topic=92269.msg1135164#msg1135164 date=1322626106]
your right again

All Hail WOS, man I think we really dont have a chance after that post but we did have a pretty good season CONGRADS to the 2011 STATE CHAMPIONS WOS
[/quote]

Awesome! Make sure you contact your coaching staff so that we don't both waste a trip up to Humble. I was worried about this game, too!
[/quote]

You're in good comical form tonight, 92. 

Make any sort of positive comment about WO-S or a correct an error from a CS fan and we get to hear the "All hail WO-S" bullcrap.  Why don't you lighten up, Mr. CS 13-1... :) :D ;D

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I somehow slip up and say that I know who is going to win the game? I don't. I wish I did! The point that is eluding you is that none of those things matter when the game rolls around. We have had those things in our favor COUNTLESS times and still lost. We have been on the short end and won. No one knows who will win the game.

So what is your "counterpoint?" I said that past stats and rankings won't help on Friday night. Is your counterpoint that they WILL have an impact on the outcome of the game, or do you concede my point?

[quote name="WOS92" post="1135177" timestamp="1322626897"]
Did I somehow slip up and say that I know who is going to win the game? I don't. I wish I did! The point that is eluding you is that none of those things matter when the game rolls around. We have had those things in our favor COUNTLESS times and still lost. We have been on the short end and won. No one knows who will win the game.

So what is your "counterpoint?" I said that past stats and rankings won't help on Friday night. Is your counterpoint that they WILL have an impact on the outcome of the game, or do you concede my point?
[/quote]

At first I thought that you just didn’t like stats, now I think you have a bigger problem. I now am beginning to believe that just because Coldspring has better offensive stats, defensive stats, winning record, higher in National, State, 3A and area ranking that you are scared to death they will have a bearing on the game. Unlike you I am not going out on the limb, I think this will be one heck of a game and the winner will represent our area very well in the balance of the Play-Offs. Have a good nights sleep.

[quote name="CS 13-0" post="1135188" timestamp="1322627515"]
Easy WOS just trying to lighten it up a little, both teams can post all the stats they want but it will come down to how they match up on the field.
[/quote]

Hey CS 13-1...you're right again. 

Since I'm agreeing with you, it's OK to interpret that as..."All hail the Coldspring Oakhurst Trojans...2011 State Champions." 

So much for rooting for the underdog.    :-[

[quote name="jnunn" post="1135193" timestamp="1322627859"]
[quote author=WOS92 link=topic=92269.msg1135177#msg1135177 date=1322626897]

[/quote]

At first I thought that you just didn’t like stats, now I think you have a bigger problem. I now am beginning to believe that just because Coldspring has better offensive stats, defensive stats, winning record, higher in National, State, 3A and area ranking that you are scared to death they will have a bearing on the game. Unlike you I am not going out on the limb, I think this will be one heck of a game and the winner will represent our area very well in the balance of the Play-Offs. Have a good nights sleep.
[/quote]

LOL! No, I'm just a firm believer that those things all go out the window when it's time to play. [b]Show me where I went "out on a limb."[/b] I never made a prediction. We've had a million rankings, undefeated regular seasons, and impressive stats. I prefer our state trophies.

Did you answer the question? Didn't think so.

Nighty night!

Now that I think about it...forget what I said, after everything I have read on this site, it is indeed a fact, the stats are the only thing that do make sense. Use them as you like for whatever purpose. When I have some more stats that I think will be informative, I will post them. If you don't like stats, it’s your choice to not read them. If you think that anyone believes that they make a difference, including me, then you need find a couch to lie on and talk to someone.

I can assure you on Saturday mornning I will watch the sun come up and this game will not make one difference 10 years from now or tommorow as far as that. Besides that I am trying to get over the 200 post mark so I can spike.smite someone. It seems some of you have been hitting a defensive poster.

WOS92 says
Is your counterpoint that they WILL have an impact on the outcome of the game, or do you concede my point?
Did you answer the question? Didn't think so.

This Point/Counter Point is beginning to get fun...tell me, if they (all the things you stated) do no good, what makes you think you know who will win the game? Because you willed it or you predicted it?
Did you answer my question? Didn’t think so.

195 and counting

[quote name="skipper" post="1135331" timestamp="1322661825"]
GUNHO what time are you leaving for the game and what is the best way to get to the field been to long for me i forgot how lol
[/quote]

I take US-90 to Dayton and pick up FM 1960 on in to Humble.Turn left on Atascocita,few miles down turn right onto Will Clayton Pkwy,couple miles turn right on Wilson.Stadium is on the right.
Will be leaving around 3:30 / 4:00.Got to get something to eat before the game.If you want a ride give me a shout.

Many teams and fans start off a game against WOS confident and feeling good because of the small numbers of Mustang players on the sidelines. WOS opponents out number WOS players two to one. By the end of the first quarter their confidence is tested. Well into the fourth quarter they are surprised because WOS has not tired or slowed down.

It should be great game.

[quote name="mat" post="1135380" timestamp="1322666099"]
Many teams and fans start off a game against WOS confident and feeling good because of the small numbers of Mustang players on the sidelines. WOS opponents out number WOS players two to one.[/quote]

Really? What teams are you referring to? The 4A schools you played? Are your numbers really down that much? In 3A there aren't many kids over on the sideline anyway....Unless you've got less than 20 dressed out I doubt many would think anything....I know I wouldn't but I guess maybe others would...

[quote name="MEM" post="1135399" timestamp="1322667613"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=92269.msg1135380#msg1135380 date=1322666099]
Many teams and fans start off a game against WOS confident and feeling good because of the small numbers of Mustang players on the sidelines. WOS opponents out number WOS players two to one.[/quote]

Really? What teams are you referring to? The 4A schools you played? Are your numbers really down that much? In 3A there aren't many kids over on the sideline anyway....Unless you've got less than 20 dressed out I doubt many would think anything....I know I wouldn't but I guess maybe others would...
[/quote]

I haven't counted since regular season but the time I did count I think we had 22 or 23.

Its going to boil down to what team doesnt turn over the ball.  Just to get the big boys fired up I'm curious to know who is going to block 52 and the long haired linebacker from cs.  They are both EXTREEEEMELY hard to block.  WOS also has two guys in the similar positions in 74 and 49, however 74 goes both ways so that might play a factor later in the game.  Yet, I was VERY impressed at the skill kids from WOS and their cut blocking ability.  In the open field they are the best Ive seen all year!!!  BOy ole Boy it will be a physical match that's for sure!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine