LoneStar League

FootBFan

Just to clarify the reason The Galveston Hurricans were kicked out of the league wasnt because they were accused of not playing their players but because the parents filed a restraining order against the league. And the courts ruled in their favor. They played in the superbowl game. And Now the league kicked them out. Its ironic that Silsbee Silver went through the same thing.  They should have take the advice they were given to file a restraint. Maybe those lil boys would have played in that game. Their MPRs were signed off by each rep. Silsbees MPRs never was signed and according to their bylaw it cant be used to lodge a complaint but somehow it was. I guess their word was good enough.. (Not in the bylaw stating their word could be used) Another rule broken by the league. SMH

Reading comprehension must be a problem in Woodville. I typed as slowly as possible so that maybe you would understand.
Art 9, Sec 2 speaks about an MPR that is worked on by reps of [u]both[/u] teams. If they work on it together then they both have to sign it to be used in a complaint. The Silver MPR rep and the Maroon MPR rep working with her agreed and admitted it to the league VP that the Silver was short.
Art 9, Sec  4 state that if a team does not supply an MPR rep to work with the opposing team's MPR rep (which Silver didn't do) then they will be under the work done by the opposing team's MPR and that MPR will be binding in all proceedings. Obviously, if the team doesn't supply an MPR person then they can't sign it.
Sec 3 talks bout the PROPER way to do MPR's which Silver didn't do.
Sec 5 talks about what happens if a coach doesn't put his players in at the 1st of the 4th. It doesn't say anything about failure to play all of your players.
Please try reading all of the Article and not just little pieces of it that you fantasize will prove your point.

Well, since you are on the side of the little guys, you are espousing legal action taken by Galveston to force a non-profit organization to allow a group to play that had been found to have been cheating by their Board and now you believe that the Silver parents should have taken legal action against this non-profit even though they admitted to breaking the rules. I wish you luck in forming your own league. The restraining order didn't save Galveston did it? A court forced the organization to let one team play and their whole organization got canned. You may applaud that, I think it's sad. They played and ended up without a place to play again and any organization would be out of their freakin' minds to let them join their league. Now you have stated that you favor legal action when things don't go the way you think it should. People that think that way are the black plague of any volunteer organization. Every organization that has been around more than a year or two has a cure for that. TIFI did, STJFL does and so do we. 

Good luck getting ANYONE to bring your new league in. Maybe you and Galveston can play and sue each other.

Vaya con Dios, Amigo.

the league took the word of the other team. The next day after the game was played and sheet signed off. Evidently the court found evidence they proved their case.

This league is being sponsored by a anonymous NFL player. It will not start until summer of 2013. I am just the lawyer on board. Of course you know all that is in detail. I will not speak on this subject again. Good luck to the league. And word of Advise

Revise Your bylaws.

[quote name="FootBFan" post="1127266" timestamp="1321968765"]
the league took the word of the other team. The next day after the game was played and sheet signed off. Evidently the court found evidence they proved their case.

This league is being sponsored by a anonymous NFL player. It will not start until summer of 2013. [b][size=12pt]I am just the lawyer on board[/size].[/b] Of course you know all that is in detail. I will not speak on this subject again. Good luck to the league. And word of Advise

Revise Your bylaws.
[/quote]

;D  Now THATS funny........

You may be, but based on your excuse driven responses.......would never hire you!

[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=91769.msg1127305#msg1127305 date=1321972461]
[quote author=FootBFan link=topic=91769.msg1127266#msg1127266 date=1321968765]
the league took the word of the other team. The next day after the game was played and sheet signed off. [b]Evidently the court found evidence they proved their case. [/b] 

Not sure where you are getting your erroneous information about TIFI from.. The court didn't rule in Galveston's favor. The lawyers from each side agreed to replay the game before the judge heard the arguments.. Alvin held a meeting with all of the parents and coaches and decided not to replay the game because the films proved that Galveston cheated.  Alvin was the bigger team not wanting to drag their boys thru the newspapers and court cases...

The point is adults should not put an emphasis on winning at all cost, if we do this what are we teaching these young men. Team sports teach life lesson that they will carry with them thru out their lives...

Good luck with your new NFL backed league.. Feel free to contact the Galveston Hurricane and the Beaumont Bulls, they will both be looking for another league to play in next year.

Hey  sometimes it happens, I had it happen so I assigned another MPR person to sit in stands and help out, coordinate with my sideline MPR person at half time and end of 3rd quarter.  No warning from the board, other team did not know it happened, and I did not know it happened until one of their parents told me at the next practice. I felt like a democrat mascott, and it did not happen again.

So did the Silsbee players that did not get their time in get some reimbursment from the Silsbee coffers? I am sure those parents paid the same amount to have their kid play?

18 kids on one flag team.....everyone played more than the required amount every game.

30 kids on a tackle team.....everyone played more than the required amount every game.

Not one kid quit playing unless they moved.  Win a few games?  yep.

If your goal is to make each kid love the sport so they continue to play every year....playing time will happen.  If you don't have a system to insure that each gets their "glory time" on the field......you are not in it for the kids. 

This league is being sponsored by a anonymous NFL player. It will not start until summer of 2013. I am just the lawyer on board. Of course you know all that is in detail. I will not speak on this subject again. Good luck to the league. And word of Advise

Revise Your bylaws.
[/quote]

You are a walking douche bag...

This league is being sponsored by a anonymous NFL player. It will not start until summer of 2013. [b]I am just the lawyer on board.[/b] Of course you know all that is in detail. I will not speak on this subject again. Good luck to the league. And word of Advise

Revise Your bylaws.
[/quote]

One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the road-side eating grass.

Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and got out to investigate.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You may come with us, also."
The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was.

Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind."

"Thank you for taking all of us with you.

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it.
You'll really love my place.
The grass is almost a foot high."

So, I have been trying to speak logically and reasonably with a lawyer. I have been trying to explain the principles of fairness and governance in a volunteer organization to a person whose job it is to twist and distort the rules in the favor of their client? If truly you are a lawyer then you understand the language of Art 12 Sec 1. It is written in the language of sharks and it was given to us by a really, really BIG shark. Others have made the mistake of thinking this is just a group of tater-diggers; they're gone, we're still here.

I've been wasting my time. Please identify yourself as a lawyer at the start of any conversation dealing with rules, laws or the interpretation of those so that whomever you are speaking with will know that they are trying to convince a pig to sing. It is a waste of their time and it annoys the pig.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder