Huffman vs Navasota

Guest beechnut

Navasota is a very good football team, and could possibly have the best offence we have faced so far. Huffman hasn't faced a team that can pass like Navasota yet. So that scares me a bit especially since our secondary has struggled at points this season. Navasota runs for about 193 yards a game and passes for about 240 so they are pretty balanced. They are a big play quick strike offence, we will have to contain them and force them to make sustained drives if they want to score. Receiving wise almost 70% of thier receptions are split between two players #12 and #2 with #12 being the big play threat. Thier QB protecs the only throwing 2 pics compared to 30 tds while completing 64% of his passes, but he also likes to run and has more carries than any other player. We will have to get pressure on the QB and they have given up some sacks this year in thier loss to Willis they gave up 9, they gave up 5 to Cameron yoe, and a couple in the Lagrange game. So defensively we have to contain the big play and get pressure on the QB and force incompletions, against Willis they only completed 47% of thier passes.

Defensively they are not that great, imo CS, silsbee, and probably KP were all better. They give up close to 16 points a game for the season and nearly 283 yards a game in the 6 games I found stats against them. They haven't faced an offence like Huffman's offence every team they faced ran the ball atleast 35+ times even Willis who threw 27 times still ran 46 times. Huffman averages about 33 pass plays compared to 18 run plays a game, Navasota's opponents ran close to 35 times and only passed about 15 times. Huffman should be able to move the ball and score on this D, we just can't make mistakes like we did against silsbee. Last week we over 400 yards of offence and ran better than we have in most games, but we can't have the turnovers. Townley can't throw pics this week or we won't have a chance.

Huffman has to eliminate the mistakes, we can't have kick off returns for tds, give them starting filed position at our own 4, or have dropped passes. I believe our Defense will hold navasota to limited numbers and if our offense can score 21+ points we will have a very good chance to win.

24-21 Huffman

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1117540" timestamp="1321261569"]
I would like see Huffman get this one, but I have seen some highlights of Navasota and they are big strong and fast.  I think [b]Navasota probably has the best shot at beating Tyler Chappel Hill [/b] in this region.  Good luck to Huffman.  Hopefully it is a injury free clean game and y'all can get the W.
[/quote]

I agree (Navasota vs.Chappel Hill).  Looking at the brackets, it almost seems lopsided.  Region 1 vs. Region 2 Semi's look to be a good'un ;)

We'll be rooting for Huffman!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1119193" timestamp="1321395149"]
Navasota is a very good football team, and could possibly have the best offence we have faced so far. Huffman hasn't faced a team that can pass like Navasota yet. So that scares me a bit especially since our secondary has struggled at points this season. Navasota runs for about 193 yards a game and passes for about 240 so they are pretty balanced. They are a big play quick strike offence, we will have to contain them and force them to make sustained drives if they want to score. Receiving wise almost 70% of thier receptions are split between two players #12 and #2 with #12 being the big play threat. Thier QB protecs the only throwing 2 pics compared to 30 tds while completing 64% of his passes, but he also likes to run and has more carries than any other player. We will have to get pressure on the QB and they have given up some sacks this year in thier loss to Willis they gave up 9, they gave up 5 to Cameron yoe, and a couple in the Lagrange game. So defensively we have to contain the big play and get pressure on the QB and force incompletions, against Willis they only completed 47% of thier passes.

Defensively they are not that great, imo CS, silsbee, and probably KP were all better. They give up close to 16 points a game for the season and nearly 283 yards a game in the 6 games I found stats against them. They haven't faced an offence like Huffman's offence every team they faced ran the ball atleast 35+ times even Willis who threw 27 times still ran 46 times. Huffman averages about 33 pass plays compared to 18 run plays a game, Navasota's opponents ran close to 35 times and only passed about 15 times. Huffman should be able to move the ball and score on this D, we just can't make mistakes like we did against silsbee. Last week we over 400 yards of offence and ran better than we have in most games, but we can't have the turnovers. Townley can't throw pics this week or we won't have a chance.

Huffman has to eliminate the mistakes, we can't have kick off returns for tds, give them starting filed position at our own 4, or have dropped passes. I believe our Defense will hold navasota to limited numbers and if our offense can score 21+ points we will have a very good chance to win.

24-21 Huffman
[/quote]

Is that somebody actually giving a detailed analysis between two teams based on actual facts? OMG!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1119488" timestamp="1321410523"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=91510.msg1119487#msg1119487 date=1321410427]
Someone has Too and I mean TOO much time on their hands!
[/quote]

What the heck else am I supposed to do? College classes are boring ;)
[/quote]

Agreed!!!! and good luck to Huffman from CS.. go get em

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1119488" timestamp="1321410523"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

none of my profs. like laptops  :(

[quote name="paintballove" post="1120495" timestamp="1321484112"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=91510.msg1119488#msg1119488 date=1321410523]
[/quote]

[/quote]

none of my profs. like laptops  :(
[/quote]

I post from my smart phone 8)

Thank you Huffman for a wonderful football season. Navasota was just too much tonight. Coach Mac you have done a great job with these boys and I appreciate every one of the coaches and fans! Words can not explain what this season  has meant to my son> Boy you did DAD proud this season. Thank you boy!
GO FALCONS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder