Kirbyville Wildcats

rykerx144

Conrats on surviving a rough season.  To all the underclassmen Keep your heads up and use this season as motivation.  Im very proud of you for staying with it and fighting till the end.  This season was by far a failure.  You played some of the best teams in the area in predistrict and survived, you kept moving forward and never quit.  Ever heard the expression?? "you have to learn to lose before you can learn to win"??  well you got the hard part behind ya now.  Some of you younger guys (soph and fresh) that played and started on Varsity this year got alot of good experience.  It was a learning year, but thats behind you now. Its time for you to step up and lead now.  Help motivate these younger kids and get them started now.  Next season starts now!  Talk to them kids that didnt play for whatever reason it was, dont matter, you know your fellow classmates that should be out here with you and are not!  The leadership this programs needs right now cant be taught, assigned, or appointed.  It has to be earned!  Youve earned it!  Now go make us proud! 

To the four or five seniors that stuck it out!  I hate just as much as anyone that the cards fell where they did on your year!  You didnt deserve this.  I know this was a very hard year for you and you went above and beyond.  You guys never quit and Wildcat community is very proud of you for that.  Yes winning games, State Titles, District Championships, is how the game of football is measured, but overcoming what all was stacked against you this year, being leaders for these younger kids, fighting fights you knew you couldnt win, holding this team together through it all even when you knew you had no chance is what the game of football is about.  As far as I am concerned you are Champions!  Thank you for your commitment, now go enjoy your senior year and give em hell!!!  LOL

To the seniors and juniors that did not finish the year and walked out on your fellow Wildcat in a year that they needed you the most, you took the easy way out!  Ever heard the expression, "seperating the men from the boys"??  I hope you regret it the rest of your life!!

As someone who had seen the last 20 or so Kirbyville games before this season, I know the high level this program had played at.... Last night, as someone sitting on the opposing side, I saw the same heart, just unfortunately not the same level of talent....

Even with the game out of hand last night, I didn't see a single player let their level of intensity go down.....

Being from Rusk, I was obviously happy we got the win, but I was definitely torn because I hated to see the Wildcats lose...  I definitely enjoyed my time broadcasting Wildcat football, and watch out for them next year because as Ryker said, the experiences they gained through this season will benefit the entire group in 2012!!!

My daughter was cheering last night and she told me she could hear A.D. and Will trying to keep the younger players in the game until the very end. The heart some of the players showed this year was amazing. If any small bit of that determination rubbed off on the underclassmen those seniors can be proud of their last season. Boys of fall my *ss.... Those are men.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1116576" timestamp="1321194461"]
To the four or five seniors that stuck it out!  I hate just as much as anyone that the cards fell where they did on your year!  You didnt deserve this.  I know this was a very hard year for you and you went above and beyond.  You guys never quit and Wildcat community is very proud of you for that. [b] Yes winning games, State Titles, District Championships, is how the game of football is measured, but overcoming what all was stacked against you this year, being leaders for these younger kids, fighting fights you knew you couldnt win, holding this team together through it all even when you knew you had no chance is what the game of football is about. [/b]  As far as I am concerned you are Champions!  Thank you for your commitment, now go enjoy your senior year and give em heck!!!  LOL
[/quote]

Well said...Lessons learned during this difficult year can and will be used the rest of your life when times get tough...It's not a matter of if they will get tough but only how you'll respond...Those of you who answered the bell each and every practice and friday night have proven you have what it takes to succeed!

Congrats KVille!

[quote name="beechnut" post="1117017" timestamp="1321218278"]
Good post and how did you former coach do at ennis?
[/quote]

rebuilding there also.  I think they had 3 or 4 wins which is more than most predicted.  They will be on the rise though.  I think the lower level all went undefeated all year or maybe just 1 lose between them all.  They dominated most they played and are turning alot of heads in that area.  Expected to be very good the next few years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder