How Bout That Crosby School Board

tupac7

[quote name="tupac7" post="1112292" timestamp="1320993611"]
Ask any of the ozen, central, or even me a memorial titan about the good people in vidor. They took it personal, and it showed tonight.
[/quote]

Yes tupac, we did. We consider Ozen and Central our brothers; both teams pray togethor after every contest. Perhaps we can get a little something going with Memorial in the future?? We keep looking for teams to play pre-district. I don't think Texarkana wants us anymore....thanks for the props.

You know tupac7, I just want to forget that whole affair. I'm really proud of the Vidor community and the changes we've made. I'm also just as proud of our area and how the kids from Ozen and Central as well as their parents and friends who have helped and supported us to get rid of the stupidity of our parents and grandparents. The demographics of Vidor have changed so dramatically; when Matt passed away it crushed the entire city. Could you have even imagined something like that 30 years ago? Thanks for your comments.

[quote name="tupac7" post="1112326" timestamp="1320999261"]
Bottom line is Crosby School Board was wrong... I would send my titans to play in vidor anytime. Keep it real and make those so called board members apologize.. Can you dig it?
[/quote]

I will say it again, the loss tonight by Crosby started 2-1/2 years ago when the whole situation started.  Even though Vidor look great, a big part of the blame for the loss is hanging around the Crosby school board.

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1112414" timestamp="1321019910"]
[quote author=tupac7 link=topic=91286.msg1112326#msg1112326 date=1320999261]
Bottom line is Crosby School Board was wrong... I would send my titans to play in vidor anytime. Keep it real and make those so called board members apologize.. Can you dig it?
[/quote]

I will say it again, the loss tonight by Crosby started 2-1/2 years ago when the whole situation started.  Even though Vidor look great, [b]a big part of the blame for the loss is hanging around the Crosby school board[/b].
[/quote]really? Stuff like this is exactly why people can't move on. Because they keep bringing up the past....EVERYBODY makes wrong decisions. And yes EVERYBODY will reap what they sow. Might wanna think about that.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1112431" timestamp="1321020924"]
[quote author=BWOOD link=topic=91286.msg1112414#msg1112414 date=1321019910]
[/quote]

I will say it again, the loss tonight by Crosby started 2-1/2 years ago when the whole situation started.  Even though Vidor look great, [b]a big part of the blame for the loss is hanging around the Crosby school board[/b].
[/quote]really? Stuff like this is exactly why people can't move on. Because they keep bringing up the past....EVERYBODY makes wrong decisions. And yes EVERYBODY will reap what they sow. Might wanna think about that.
[/quote]

I think that the folks in Vidor will tell you that to "move on" in this case is a little bit easier said than done.  This was not mere trash talk from a keyboard commando to try and rile up the supporters of the opposing team.  This was a duly elected, official governing body essentially telling the community of Vidor that "we find your city so reprehensible that we wish neither our kids nor our fans to even step foot inside of your city limits."  Moreover, there was no basis for it other than a reputation that hasn't been lived up to in Vidor for over 30 years.  Given that members of that Crosby school board themselves had probably been victims of decisions made on generalizations and stereotypes in their lifetime, you think they would have been more sensitive.  If some government entity said that about West Orange, Texas, I would harbor some deep resentment which would not subside easily...and I'll speculate that you would harbor the same resentment if Dayton, Texas was the target.

Is this loss completely on the Crosby ISD school board? No, to say that would undermine the efforts of all of the young men on both sides.  However, they did certainly create an environment that provided a huge intangible to an opponent, thus creating some difficulty for their youth.  I don't think any school district board of trustees should do that.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1112474" timestamp="1321022963"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91286.msg1112431#msg1112431 date=1321020924]
[quote author=BWOOD link=topic=91286.msg1112414#msg1112414 date=1321019910]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that the folks in Vidor will tell you that to "move on" in this case is a little bit easier said than done.  This was not mere trash talk from a keyboard commando to try and rile up the supporters of the opposing team.  This was a duly elected, official governing body essentially telling the community of Vidor that "we find your city so reprehensible that we wish neither our kids nor our fans to even step foot inside of your city limits."  Moreover, there was no basis for it other than a reputation that hasn't been lived up to in Vidor for over 30 years.  Given that members of that Crosby school board themselves had probably been victims of decisions made on generalizations and stereotypes in their lifetime, you think they would have been more sensitive.  If some government entity said that about West Orange, Texas, I would harbor some deep resentment which would not subside easily...and I'll speculate that you would harbor the same resentment if Dayton, Texas was the target.

Is this loss completely on the Crosby ISD school board? No, to say that would undermine the efforts of all of the young men on both sides.  However, they did certainly create an environment that provided a huge intangible to an opponent, thus creating some difficulty for their youth.  I don't think any school district board of trustees should do that.
[/quote]

Well said Grad

I resent it totally and completely and I do not think I will ever forget it.  I am from Vidor and in my travels (didn't stay there after graduating high school), I was often embarrassed to say where I went to high school.  People everywhere have heard of Vidor, TX (thanks to CNN and Montell Williams) and you should see the looks people give you when they find out where you are from.

It hurts to be judged to be racist when you're not and never have been.  My husband is black.  The thing is, living in Beaumont now, I still get the racism thing from people.  It happens less and less, but it still happens. 

When the community gets together like this, it does really make you feel good though.  Maybe the people that truly matter are the ones who know that the people of Vidor now most likely had nothing to do with the past. 

Discrimination of any kind is wrong.  The Crosby school board should be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they are.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1112474" timestamp="1321022963"]
This was not mere trash talk from a [i]keyboard commando [/i] [/quote]

"keyboard commando" LOL, good one Grad! That would make a really cool screen name, LOL!  ;D

[quote name="tupac7" post="1112326" timestamp="1320999261"]
[/quote]

If more people would have the same mentality as you two have, our society would be a lot better off!

[quote name="invictus" post="1112485" timestamp="1321023613"]
I resent it totally and completely and I do not think I will ever forget it.  I am from Vidor and in my travels (didn't stay there after graduating high school), I was often embarrassed to say where I went to high school.  People everywhere have heard of Vidor, TX (thanks to CNN and Montell Williams) and you should see the looks people give you when they find out where you are from.

It hurts to be judged to be racist when you're not and never have been.  My husband is black.  The thing is, living in Beaumont now, I still get the racism thing from people.  It happens less and less, but it still happens. 

When the community gets together like this, it does really make you feel good though.  Maybe the people that truly matter are the ones who know that the people of Vidor now most likely had nothing to do with the past. 

Discrimination of any kind is wrong.  The Crosby school board should be ashamed of themselves, but I doubt they are.
[/quote]

Great post + karma

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1112492" timestamp="1321023857"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91286.msg1112474#msg1112474 date=1321022963]

"keyboard commando" LOL, good one Grad! That would make a really cool screen name, LOL!  ;D
[/quote]

I think if I ever buy into that name change kick everyone has been on, I'll use that!

Guest ECBucFan
Do it! Thats a great idea, LOL. I had to compose myself I was laughing so hard when I read that, I had tears in my eyes, LOL! I conjured up a mental image of a guy with a really intense look on his face wearing military fatigues furiously typing away on the SETXSports forum!  ;D ;D ;D   

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1112504" timestamp="1321024288"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91286.msg1112492#msg1112492 date=1321023857]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91286.msg1112474#msg1112474 date=1321022963]

[/quote]

I think if I ever buy into that name change kick everyone has been on, I'll use that!
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1112526" timestamp="1321025302"]
Do it! Thats a great idea, LOL. I had to compose myself I was laughing so hard when I read that, I had tears in my eyes, LOL! I conjured up a mental image of a guy with a really intense look on his face wearing military fatigues furiously typing away on the SETXSports forum!  ;D ;D ;D 
[/quote]

Just for the record, I am not wearing camo at present time.  ;D  The problem with Crosby's School Board, Head Coach, and Team is they act with rage and discontent towards all their opponents.  The players lose control, the coach makes hair-brain decisions, and the school board, well you know that song.  They use poor judgement on a routine basis, which I personally can't support.  ;) Thery are idiots.......huge in-bread idiots. 

Face it, not everyone can show as much respect as us "Key-Board Comadoes" have shown for as long as we have.  I personally liked Vidor until their kid's dressed my cat up.  ;D

[quote name="invictus" post="1112485" timestamp="1321023613"]

[/quote]

I feel what you saying but aren't you the same person that made comments about schools in the BMT /PA area. I could be wrong but I'm just saying your comments in a past post showed a different side of you. This was on a trend about the West Brook kids getting jumped on at the PAM game a few weeks ago.

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1112549" timestamp="1321026204"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91286.msg1112526#msg1112526 date=1321025302]
[/quote]

Just for the record, I am not wearing camo at present time.  ;D  The problem with Crosby's School Board, Head Coach, and Team is they act with rage and discontent towards all their opponents.  The players lose control, the coach makes hair-brain decisions, and the school board, well you know that song.  They use poor judgement on a routine basis, which I personally can't support.  ;) Thery are idiots.......huge in-bread idiots. 

Face it, not everyone can show as much respect as us "Key-Board Comadoes" have shown for as long as we have.  I personally liked Vidor until their kid's dressed my cat up.  ;D

[/quote]

LMAO ;D

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1112549" timestamp="1321026204"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=91286.msg1112526#msg1112526 date=1321025302]
[/quote]

[/quote]

+ ^

[quote name="mypooh" post="1112688" timestamp="1321031764"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91286.msg1112485#msg1112485 date=1321023613]

[/quote]

I feel what you saying but aren't you the same person that made comments about schools in the BMT /PA area. I could be wrong but I'm just saying your comments in a past post showed a different side of you. This was on a trend about the West Brook kids getting jumped on at the PAM game a few weeks ago.
[/quote]

I said it was a horrible thing, but that it happens everywhere and knows no race or class.  I know plenty of people in PA who are not thugs, but they have their fair share, as does Beaumont and Vidor and everywhere else.

[quote name="invictus" post="1112919" timestamp="1321044747"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=91286.msg1112688#msg1112688 date=1321031764]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91286.msg1112485#msg1112485 date=1321023613]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I said it was a horrible thing, but that it happens everywhere and knows no race or class.  I know plenty of people in PA who are not thugs, but they have their fair share, as does Beaumont and Vidor and everywhere else.
[/quote]

O ok thanks for that. I was just making sure that I understood your comments.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder