KIRBYVILLE VS RUSK

[quote name="WildcatGRAD81" post="1106785" timestamp="1320589115"]
Tell me what yall think.... Does anybody know anything about Rusk???
[/quote]

They are 3/7 on the season...They have played some good teams ,Crockett, Fairfield, Athens, Tyler Chapel Hill...Looks like it may be a good ball game if Kirbyville can shore up their defense..Offense is good enough to win..But the defense needs help...Hard to win in the play-offs with-out a good defense... ;)

[quote name="speedkills" post="1106871" timestamp="1320595582"]
Unless Kirbyvilles defense has a complete turn around from last week this is gonna be a long night but the offense is doing great though.
[/quote]
agree...the offense is putting up points, but the defense is giving up just as much.... gunna be a good one IMO.

[quote name="wildcat_in_pink" post="1106922" timestamp="1320601502"]
I think this is going to bea great ball game. I hope the boys are pumped up because that tends to make them want to win and play harder. so fans lets not themthem down, bring everything you  have to cheer on our Cats!!!

Lets prove every hater wrong!!!
[/quote]

Haters are not to be confused with doubters...I don't know of many people that actually hate the Wildcats per say,I'm sure there are a few out there, But Kirbyville is in a rebuilding year and will most likely go back to 2A ball next season...But you are right they need the support that's the best thing we as fans can do now...The rest will take care of it's self.....

I'm from Rusk, so I have a little insight, although I haven't seen them in person this year....

Rusk has a few offensive weapons who are capable of breaking the big play.... #5 Chaston Bennett is the real deal.... Small back, but very quick and shifty....

Rusk defensively has had their issues at times, but when you look at who they have played, you can see how they have given up so many points at times.... They shut out Diboll 53-0 if that gives you a point of reference....

[quote name="speedkills" post="1106871" timestamp="1320595582"]
Unless Kirbyvilles defense has a complete turn around from last week this is gonna be a long night but the offense is doing great though.
[/quote]Hopefully this will be a good game ... Proud of these young men ... down year, but they have never quit .... The last game was tough ... Offense was good, and put team in a position to win ... defense needs to tighten up .... No excuses ... However, considering that the defense was down three starters for most of the game against Center (Jacko is out for the year, Brooks is out, possibly for the year, Dodson was out most of the game against Center, but hopefully will have him back against Rusk), and we had subs come in (and they played their best given the situation), it was a work in progress on the fly ...let's see how they do with a week of practice as starters ... We still the heart of the team though .... just got to get the rest of the body together ... play hard, play clean ... good things will come ... Good Luck

[quote name="HubTx" post="1106960" timestamp="1320604432"]
I'm from Rusk, so I have a little insight, although I haven't seen them in person this year....

Rusk has a few offensive weapons who are capable of breaking the big play.... #5 Chaston Bennett is the real deal.... Small back, but very quick and shifty....

Rusk defensively has had their issues at times, but when you look at who they have played, you can see how they have given up so many points at times.... [b]They shut out Diboll 53-0[/b] if that gives you a point of reference....
[/quote]Rusk also was the only team all year to hold Terrence Taylor under a hundred yards. I was very impressed with the speed of the Rusk D. Your right, #5 is freakin quick and very dangerous if he gets past the line of scrimmage.

The Cat's have a key player hurt. The extent of the injury will be determined Wednesday. He still wants to play if the Doctor gives him the green light. I would not post his name until he or his family say its ok :-X but any Kville fan would feel better if he is on the feild. 

[quote name="kville68" post="1109439" timestamp="1320796948"]
The Cat's have a key player hurt. The extent of the injury will be determined Wednesday. He still wants to play if the Doctor gives him the green light. I would not post his name until he or his family say its ok :-X but any Kville fan would feel better if he is on the feild.
[/quote]
You know he will be very upset if he can't play... Cross your fingers

He has it post on facebook now so its no secret. He says they are going to let him play with a brace and taped up but the Doc is going to take a closer look at it in the morning. Wildcat fans please keep W.T. in your prayers.  He plays with heart and determination and leaves it all out on the field every game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86