Burkeville and Sabine Pass

[quote name="TAMU" post="1108057" timestamp="1320698573"]
We can all agree to disagree on this subject, but in the long run its all about the kids.  If they have the opportunity to do something that they have never done before, then let them have that chance and let them enjoy it.  It may only last a week for some, but let them have that chance.  8)
[/quote]

This is true, but this forum is about the only place I get to complain to people that either understand or actually care!  ;D

[quote name="Howard" post="1107180" timestamp="1320619834"]
Burkeville, Sabine Pass, and High Island all need to go to six man. Maybe then they can compete against a school like Evadale that constantly fields 20+ students on a varsity squad against those schools who field at the most 15(being generous) players. Evadale is the only school in the district that even fields a JV squad..cmon.. how fair is that.
[/quote]

I agree but you know as well as I do...most schools are too proud to go sixman because they feel like it is a step down.  Look at some of the schools who were getting their faces kicked in year in and out in 11man....they have gone sixman and never looked back....Throckmorton,Calvert, Oakwood,etc..  All three teams are powerhouses year in and out now they are sixman.  I personally would rather have success in sixman than have failure in 11 man. JMO

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1108145" timestamp="1320704038"]
[quote author=TAMU link=topic=91013.msg1108057#msg1108057 date=1320698573]
We can all agree to disagree on this subject, but in the long run its all about the kids.  If they have the opportunity to do something that they have never done before, then let them have that chance and let them enjoy it.  It may only last a week for some, but let them have that chance.  8)
[/quote]

This is true, but this forum is about the only place I get to complain to people that either understand or actually care!  ;D
[/quote]

Or they just like reading your very informative quotes!  ;D

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1107661" timestamp="1320680161"]
The UIL needs 1A to have just two divisions, one 11 man and one 6 man, period.
[/quote]I disagree, some 6-man teams have 25 to 30 kids or more on them and with all the running they do in 6-man a team that only has 8 or 9 kids is out of it by halftime. That's like putting a 2a team in with a 5a team. If you don't believe it come to Chester and see for yourself. Maybe they need just the district champs to go to the playoffs!  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder