Nederland vs. Goose Creek Memorial - Part II Predictions

GoDogs27

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1110757" timestamp="1320939776"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=90997.msg1110644#msg1110644 date=1320934966]
Regardless of ALL YOUR SMACK TALKING GCM PATS  I still LOVE YOU BUDDY .....GO DOGS..and frogs and cougars ;D
[/quote]

Heard Trev had a good Fall season. Hope things are well. Ready for February 17th.
[/quote]Talked with Rupp last night at the game he is talking Price up...We are very lucky to have those 2 ;)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1112588" timestamp="1321027586"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=90997.msg1112584#msg1112584 date=1321027331]
Its one thing to believe in your team and support them. But something entirely different when you are acting cocky about a 4-6 record to a team that has blown you away twice already. Yes GCM has a chance to win tonight. Its the playoffs baby! But I wouldnt take that to the bank  ;)
[/quote]

Don't really count scrimmages. Game 1 was far from a "blow out".

I think GCM has a chance. I stand by that until the final whistle blows.
[/quote]

GCM, don't pretend the game was highly competitive either...GCM has some good players and they can be very dangerous...they have lacked consistency, which IMO is the mark of a really good team...if they play their best, this game will be competitive...if they make too many miscues, they could be in for a long night...Nederland will definitely play for 4 quarters as they have all season long, so an incomplete game for GCM will not lead to success for them...I stand by my pick of Nederland 28, GCM 14...I see it as being cclsoe for a while with the Dogs strength up front eventually winning out

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1107906" timestamp="1320691851"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=90997.msg1107891#msg1107891 date=1320691244]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90997.msg1107883#msg1107883 date=1320690423]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=90997.msg1107879#msg1107879 date=1320690194]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90997.msg1107823#msg1107823 date=1320687577]
Well, in GERMAN, it means "one and done".
[/quote]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90997.msg1107853#msg1107853 date=1320689226]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=90997.msg1107815#msg1107815 date=1320687192]

That's exactly where our basketball team will be. Our football team, on the other hand, will be playing either Stratford or Willis.

[glow=red,2,300]I think Nederland is German for "One and Done".[/glow][/quote]

Oh, and by the way, NEDERLAND  is Dutch, just to educate you on that quote.  Study up on your foreign languages before you go making yourself look silly again.... :) ;)
[/quote]

Dutch is a Germanic language spoken in numerous European territories. Countries that speak Dutch as a native language are Belgium, Netherlands and Suriname. There are smaller communities as well, in France and Germany, as well as many former colonies of the Dutch, that use it as a first language. The Dutch language is very similar to various West Germanic languages, for instance, German and English. It gave rise to many other creole languages, including one of the official languages spoken in South Africa, Afrikaans.

Like Dutch, German is also a West Germanic language that is closely related to English. In Europe, it is the first language spoken in Germany and Austria, and amongst a large section of the natives in Switzerland. There are other communities outside of Europe that widely speak German, especially in the US, Canada, Argentina and Brazil.

Roughly speaking, Dutch lies somewhere between German and English (Germanic). There are some conspicuous similarities between the vocabularies of English and Dutch, as well as between Dutch and German. Letters that are identical in Dutch and German are pronounced more or less the same, except that German has a variation in pronouncing some letters, for instance, when speaking German, an aspirate is used for the letter Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœKĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢, whereas for Dutch, aspiration is not used. Also, Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœSĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ in German is pronounced between Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœSĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ and Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœZĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢, and Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœGĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ as Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœgammaĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ just like in Greek, but in Dutch it is Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœkhĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢.

That said, however, certain regional dialects in German make use of Dutch pronunciation, or speak only Dutch, as they find it easier than German. In German, it is claimed that there are very complex declensions, subjunctive tenses and pronoun usage. Whereas Dutch has only one rudimentary case, German has four. Dutch pronunciation is quite straight forward, with most of the consonants sounding English-like, apart from just a few exceptions. However, there are aspects of the language that make it seem hard, especially to English speakers, like spelling, and the way vowels should be placed..

Like German, Dutch has got a lot of guttural sounds, especially Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœchĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ and Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœgĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢. The two sound quite similar, a lot like the Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœchĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ in Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœbachĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢. Speaking these sounds means that you have to manipulate your mouth and throat, which can be a bit odd at first.

[/quote]

Dumme kleine Patriot, da Sie darauf, bei Ihren BemƃĀ¼hungen bestehen um Ihren Punkt zu beweisen, werden wir sehen, die das letzte Lachen hat. Ich genieƃÅøen dieses Spiel die ganze weitere dieser Freitag Nacht. Bis dahin....[glow=red,2,300]Gehen NEDERLAND BULLDOGS !!!!!!![/glow]
[/quote]

Sie arm, arme Bulldoggen. Ein und getan. Wieder.

Patriot-Sieg!

[/quote]

GCMPats, I would love to stick around for more of your fantastic lunch break humor, but I promise I will be checking back in when I get bored and need a good laugh.  On a serious note though, I hope reality sets upon you soon or you will be one really sad DEFEATED Patriot come Friday night.... God Bless and go Dogs to  [glow=red,2,300]V  I  C  T  O  R  Y [/glow]  !!!!!!
[/quote]

I am grounded in reality. I know what I saw September 2nd. Based on that, I feel 100% positive that Nederland will not beat GCM "by as many as their coach allows". Does that mean GCM WILL win? Heck no! It just means they CAN win. If you do not believe THAT, then you will be one really sad, defeated Bulldog come Friday night.
[/quote]

Ik kreeg uw achterKlopjes!! Dit is hier ƃĀ©ĆƒĀ©n of ander grappig shitrecht. Ik geniet van de klapzoen op deze draad. Houd het omhoog tikt, doet u een fijn werk!! GCM - 21 NEDERLAND - 10

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Razor" post="1112665" timestamp="1321030771"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90997.msg1112588#msg1112588 date=1321027586]
Its one thing to believe in your team and support them. But something entirely different when you are acting cocky about a 4-6 record to a team that has blown you away twice already. Yes GCM has a chance to win tonight. Its the playoffs baby! But I wouldnt take that to the bank  ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

GCM, don't pretend the game was highly competitive either...GCM has some good players and they can be very dangerous...they have lacked consistency, which IMO is the mark of a really good team...if they play their best, this game will be competitive...if they make too many miscues, they could be in for a long night...Nederland will definitely play for 4 quarters as they have all season long, so an incomplete game for GCM will not lead to success for them...I stand by my pick of Nederland 28, GCM 14...I see it as being cclsoe for a while with the Dogs strength up front eventually winning out
[/quote]

I think we agree in principal. I just think, ok maybe hope, the "complete" GCM teams shows up. This is a young team learing how to win. They have played very well at times. Up until the BH game, I thought they had turned the corner. I was pleased that they did not fall apart last week after being down 13-0 to lee. They showed some heart in that game.

No matter what happens tonight, these kids need to be exposed to the "big game" atmosphere that teams in the Golden Triangle bring with them. The more they play in them, the better they will be from it. These players were 8th, 9th and 10th graders when GCM played Central. So they may not even remember what that game was about. I can tell you that every adult at GCM was impressed with the crowd and atmosphere Central brought with them. They fully expect Nederland to do the same.

There are still some of us in Baytown that remember the "good ol' days". We played in front of crowds at Stallworth that would rival what Ned, PNG and Vidor bring to the table. We are trying to bring those days back, but it has been an uphill battle.

I am going to talk up GCM as much as possible. It's just what I do.

[quote name="EAGLE BLUE" post="1112676" timestamp="1321031286"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90997.msg1107906#msg1107906 date=1320691851]
[/quote]

That's exactly where our basketball team will be. Our football team, on the other hand, will be playing either Stratford or Willis.

Oh, and by the way, NEDERLAND  is Dutch, just to educate you on that quote.  Study up on your foreign languages before you go making yourself look silly again.... :) ;)
[/quote]

Dutch is a Germanic language spoken in numerous European territories. Countries that speak Dutch as a native language are Belgium, Netherlands and Suriname. There are smaller communities as well, in France and Germany, as well as many former colonies of the Dutch, that use it as a first language. The Dutch language is very similar to various West Germanic languages, for instance, German and English. It gave rise to many other creole languages, including one of the official languages spoken in South Africa, Afrikaans.

Like Dutch, German is also a West Germanic language that is closely related to English. In Europe, it is the first language spoken in Germany and Austria, and amongst a large section of the natives in Switzerland. There are other communities outside of Europe that widely speak German, especially in the US, Canada, Argentina and Brazil.

Roughly speaking, Dutch lies somewhere between German and English (Germanic). There are some conspicuous similarities between the vocabularies of English and Dutch, as well as between Dutch and German. Letters that are identical in Dutch and German are pronounced more or less the same, except that German has a variation in pronouncing some letters, for instance, when speaking German, an aspirate is used for the letter ‘K’, whereas for Dutch, aspiration is not used. Also, ‘S’ in German is pronounced between ‘S’ and ‘Z’, and ‘G’ as ‘gamma’ just like in Greek, but in Dutch it is ‘kh’.

That said, however, certain regional dialects in German make use of Dutch pronunciation, or speak only Dutch, as they find it easier than German. In German, it is claimed that there are very complex declensions, subjunctive tenses and pronoun usage. Whereas Dutch has only one rudimentary case, German has four. Dutch pronunciation is quite straight forward, with most of the consonants sounding English-like, apart from just a few exceptions. However, there are aspects of the language that make it seem hard, especially to English speakers, like spelling, and the way vowels should be placed..

Like German, Dutch has got a lot of guttural sounds, especially ‘ch’ and ‘g’. The two sound quite similar, a lot like the ‘ch’ in ‘bach’. Speaking these sounds means that you have to manipulate your mouth and throat, which can be a bit odd at first.

[/quote]

Dumme kleine Patriot, da Sie darauf, bei Ihren BemƃĀ¼hungen bestehen um Ihren Punkt zu beweisen, werden wir sehen, die das letzte Lachen hat. Ich genieƃÅøen dieses Spiel die ganze weitere dieser Freitag Nacht. Bis dahin....[glow=red,2,300]Gehen NEDERLAND BULLDOGS !!!!!!![/glow]
[/quote]

Patriot-Sieg!

[/quote]

GCMPats, I would love to stick around for more of your fantastic lunch break humor, but I promise I will be checking back in when I get bored and need a good laugh.  On a serious note though, I hope reality sets upon you soon or you will be one really sad DEFEATED Patriot come Friday night.... God Bless and go Dogs to  [glow=red,2,300]V  I  C  T  O  R  Y [/glow]  !!!!!!
[/quote]

I am grounded in reality. I know what I saw September 2nd. Based on that, I feel 100% positive that Nederland will not beat GCM "by as many as their coach allows". Does that mean GCM WILL win? Heck no! It just means they CAN win. If you do not believe THAT, then you will be one really sad, defeated Bulldog come Friday night.
[/quote]

[glow=red,2,300]Ik kreeg uw achterKlopjes!! Dit is hier ƃĀ©ĆƒĀ©n of ander grappig shitrecht. Ik geniet van de klapzoen op deze draad. Houd het omhoog tikt, doet u een fijn werk!! GCM - 21 NEDERLAND - 10
[/quote] Posted by EAGLE BLUE today at 12:20:06 pm[/glow]

I guess you don't know German... ok then, I will respond in Dutch for ya

Ik vind dit zeer vermakelijk! Laten we Zie vanavond als de Patriots zal zitten kundig voor back-up van alle van de minder dan opgeleide smack that is krijgen gepost hier van de trouwe 19-4A fan baseren zullen we... .until vanavond mijn vriend.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="baddog" post="1112706" timestamp="1321032707"]
Refresh my memory. GCM is a combination of[u]              [/u]fill in schools)
[/quote]

Not a combintion per se. New school (4 yrs old) that draws mainly from students that would have attended Sterling.

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1112700" timestamp="1321032535"]
[quote author=EAGLE BLUE link=topic=90997.msg1112676#msg1112676 date=1321031286]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90997.msg1107906#msg1107906 date=1320691851]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Roughly speaking, Dutch lies somewhere between German and English (Germanic). There are some conspicuous similarities between the vocabularies of English and Dutch, as well as between Dutch and German. Letters that are identical in Dutch and German are pronounced more or less the same, except that German has a variation in pronouncing some letters, for instance, when speaking German, an aspirate is used for the letter Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœKĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢, whereas for Dutch, aspiration is not used. Also, Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœSĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ in German is pronounced between Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœSĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ and Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœZĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢, and Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœGĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ as Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœgammaĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ just like in Greek, but in Dutch it is Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœkhĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢.

Like German, Dutch has got a lot of guttural sounds, especially Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœchĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ and Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœgĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢. The two sound quite similar, a lot like the Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœchĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ in Ć¢ā‚¬ĖœbachĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢. Speaking these sounds means that you have to manipulate your mouth and throat, which can be a bit odd at first.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Patriot-Sieg!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[glow=red,2,300]Ik kreeg uw achterKlopjes!! Dit is hier ƃĀ©ĆƒĀ©n of ander grappig shitrecht. Ik geniet van de klapzoen op deze draad. Houd het omhoog tikt, doet u een fijn werk!! GCM - 21 NEDERLAND - 10
[/quote] Posted by EAGLE BLUE today at 12:20:06 pm[/glow]

I guess you don't know German... ok then, I will respond in Dutch for ya

Ik vind dit zeer vermakelijk! Laten we Zie vanavond als de Patriots zal zitten kundig voor back-up van alle van de minder dan opgeleide smack that is krijgen gepost hier van de trouwe 19-4A fan baseren zullen we... .until vanavond mijn vriend.
[/quote]

You are right, It is amusing.  Isn't that what smack talk is supposed to be.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  We will see how things turn out tonight.  Good luck to all who play tonight. Hoping for all games to be played with no injuries, And safe travels as well.

[quote name="Razor" post="1112665" timestamp="1321030771"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=90997.msg1112588#msg1112588 date=1321027586]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very well said! I agree but hope that GCM will put together a mistake free game. A win here could turn the attitude towards the football program around. The kids showed some heart in coming back after being down to Lee. You cannot overcome such mistakes against Nederland. Good luck to all.

GO PAT's!

[quote name="cbear4" post="1112924" timestamp="1321045019"]
Coach Boyd at GCM read all the posts on here and I heard he decided not to show up tonight. Ned wins!
[/quote]BOY BOY BOY ...He made that mistake and showed up...One thing left to do...SCALP "EM" INDIANS SCALP "EM"...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder