Opinion on Jasper's coach Morgan

So Jasper went undefeated in a weak district play and will face Tyler chapel hill. How do you feel coach Morgan's first season was? I feel there was a big improvement and I really like the change that he has brought to Jasper even if the district Jasper is in is extremely weak one. That's just one persons opinion though

The guy is young and came into a a place that has had a revolving door on it for years and done nothing but turn the program around and win plus going to the playoffs. I would say that Jasper should be very excited about this hire and try to keep him. Seems like he's done a heck of a job to me. Got the parents back in the stands and off the coaches back and the kids to believe in his system all in one year and that was no small task. What more could you want from a coach?

I love what he has done personally. The development of the offense and going to a more pass happy offense automatically makes me fell good about the future. When he had problems with the attitude of upper class men the fact that he fixed in by putting in lower class men shows me that he will not let kids dictate what he wants to do and that is an awesome thing to have.

Sorry I'm late on this. Been browsing through old threads I missed tonight.

I gotta say that what coach Morgan has done is night and day compared to what has been at Jasper in the past.

Jasper was 2-8 last year, so for them to be undefeated district champs is truly saying something. Heck, check the history books, Jasper hasn't had an undefeated district championship since 1983.

This is a coaching staff that came in late too, I remind you.

Morgan and his guys haven't just done it at the varsity level. They've built the foundation of a great program. The Bulldogs won district championships at all three levels.

Plus, Morgan has not only done it on the field but off the field as well. Jasper had a 78 percent athletic pass rate last year - that's up to 95 percent right now.

Jasper has a heck of a challenge in front of them this week and the Bulldogs may not have the upper hand but the community of Jasper should be proud of where this program is headed.

Coach Morgan and his staff have gone above and beyond what was expected of them this year.

Know for a fact that Jasper's Freshmen lost to Center and that Center's fresh did not lose to anyone else in district, but they probably did beat everyone else.

But overall the did a great job in Jasper this year considering the mess that their inheirited from the last coach.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1106097" timestamp="1320524157"]
Hopefully the kids will follow him and he won't loose half the athletes to baseball.  This is the key to jasper's future football success
[/quote]

He came from Carthage where a few years back they won State Championships in both football & baseball. That should be our goal here.

Now we have great coaches in both sports. Lets keep em both and watch baseball continue to win big and bring football back to our glory days and beyond.

It doesnt have to be one or the other. It needs to be, can be, and will be success in both.

[quote name="BigOleCountryBoy" post="1108681" timestamp="1320733173"]

Plus, Morgan has not only done it on the field but off the field as well. Jasper had a 78 percent athletic pass rate last year - that's up to 95 percent right now.

[/quote]

This is the accomplishment I'm most impressed with. Most of these kids will not be playing at the college level, and far less will be playing on Sundays. So, the emphasis on education is of utmost importance.

Morgan is looking good to me right now.  The last time Jasper went with an "outside the box" hire, they brought in Gene Walkoviak at age 28.  Morgan came in at age 29.  Walkoviak went 5-4-1 in his first season.  Morgan 6-4 in his first regular season.  Walkoviak won around 80 percent of his games over the next 20 years.  I like to think that Morgan has that kind of potential or better.

I did not get to see this year's team play, but I have to believe Jasper is once again on the right track.  Surely hope so.  The team should be loaded with returning veterans next season so we should know pretty quick whether Morgan will be the "real thing".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder