Should you keep the score down in a extremely one sided game?

Depends.  If you are in a position where a 3 way tie may occur with that team, most districts use the point differential tie breaker and it would behoove you to score as many as possible.  If you are playing the cellar dweller, why risk injury to starters?  If your 2nd and third string score a bunch, oh well.  I was at a game that ended up 99 - 0, but the winning team pulled their starters at first quarter. 

[quote name="sig220" post="1101332" timestamp="1320151727"]
Depends.  If you are in a position where a 3 way tie may occur with that team, most districts use the point differential tie breaker and it would behoove you to score as many as possible.  If you are playing the cellar dweller, why risk injury to starters?  If your 2nd and third string score a bunch, oh well.  I was at a game that ended up 99 - 0, but the winning team pulled their starters at first quarter.
[/quote]

I agree and there is nothing wrong with playing the 2nd or 3rd string
but to play less than your personal best is just wrong.

[quote name="Buck2Hands" post="1101343" timestamp="1320152692"]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=90758.msg1101332#msg1101332 date=1320151727]
[/quote]

I agree and there is nothing wrong with playing the 2nd or 3rd string
but to play less than your personal best is just wrong.
[/quote]

It is my opinion that everyone agrees with me run the score up, dang the torpedoes full speed ahead.

[quote name="WordMan2" post="1102679" timestamp="1320265852"]
If I can't stop you, you deserve to win by how many points you can out on the board.  I can see bringing your 2nd or 3rd string but you still play every play hard and try to do your best.  No slack attack
[/quote]I agree, If I was on a team that was getting there butts kicked, I would want the chance to score on the starters, not have third string come in or the team back down.

[quote name="invictus" post="1102648" timestamp="1320264203"]
Running up the score is classless.  This is HIGH SCHOOL.  Winning is not the most important thing that kids should be learning at this age.
[/quote]

I disagree, it is not classless. Most coaches call off the horses. But you cannot tell a kid who does not play as much to lay down. They have pride too and want to show the coach what they do. If your team is not very good, I say work harder and get better. Use those butt whippen's as motivation for the next year. We are raising a bunch of sissy's. Life after high school is ten times tougher. The strong survive the weak do not. Pop the titty out of their mouths. By the way, one day after high school is real life.

I was on the Orangefield team that beat Kountze 99-0. We was leading 66-0 at half. There is not enough kids to pull every starter at the 3A level. Our coaches did the best they could. It was not the coaches fault that Kountze gave up and quit that night. They repaided the favor in basketball that same year. LOL!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298