19-4A Game of the week GCM Vs Crosby

BHFAN

Can't believe this post wasn't already up! This is going to be a great game! If it wasn't for BH playing at home this week I would have went. So who you got? Will Crosby Continue their dominance after a wakeup call from Lee or will GCM come off of the beat down of Dayton flying high and take out the Coog's.

I'm not completely sold on GCM yet, so I'm going with the Coogs!

Crosby 34
GCM 28

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1086011" timestamp="1318867977"]
Crosby has no defense and GCM does.  GCM in a blow-out.
[/quote]

You have a point there ;D don't think it will be a blow out though 8)

Just because GCM Donkey Stomped Dayton and thier pitaful Swiss Cheese D  ;D Don't mean Crosby will do the same.

Casting line.................................see if i can get a bite ;D ;D

[quote name="RED MACHINE" post="1086105" timestamp="1318875436"]
Crosby by 14 & Crosby's defense is better than you think.
[/quote]

I'm with ya Crosby! Heck GCM can't even show up for this post! how are they going to win ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1086216" timestamp="1318882086"]
[quote author=RED MACHINE link=topic=89988.msg1086105#msg1086105 date=1318875436]
Crosby by 14 & Crosby's defense is better than you think.
[/quote]

I'm with ya Crosby! Heck GCM can't even show up for this post! how are they going to win ;D
[/quote]

They only have ONE fan and I saw him putting a ladder below the BH field house window.  Not sure if it was the film room or the men's shower, but I am sure he will be honest about that one.  ;D ;D

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
I don't know how much GCM will score, but if anyone holds Crosby to 13, I would be shocked. The least  they've scored in a game this year is what 26 or 28? That offense is rolling right now. Should be a good game though.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1086229" timestamp="1318882699"]
It was the men's shower and based on what I saw, BH will come up a little "short" next Friday.
[/quote]

Kind of pedophile -ish  ,but funny none the less.

[move]Warning [/move]
BH boys if you drop your wallet near GCMPats please kick it to a safe distance before trying to pick it up

Cougs defense keeps getting retooled... Supposedly GP could throw the ball... we held them to 14, 7 of which where in mop up time.

Our Defense is extremely quick to the edge, and GP found that out last week. In fact the only 2 things that have worked are power run games and deep passes. So if GCM can do both of those they can win.

But we won't show offensive impotence like Dayton did last week. Should be a good one.

GCM has a defense i'm just not sure how good its Offense is.

ranked 40th in SETX in scoring.

So here is my breakdown

Crosby gives up 33.67 points a game
Crosby scores 36.67 per game

GCM Gives up 24.83 per game
GCM Scores 22.67 points per game

No team has held Crosby under 26 points Including PNG/Dawson/Montgomery

LCM beat them
Best defensive performance they've had all year.
Nederland put up 38 on them. The only team Nederland has scored that many points on is Central.

I honestly think Dayton didn't show up last week, and to be Crosby this week GCM is going to have to play a flawless game.

But those are my reasons and i'm a big stats guy.

Crosby 35-21

Sounds logical to me Coug! GCM is suspect right now to me. They opened up the year playing terrible and it's hard to use Dayton as a measuring stick. I think Crosby's offense will be too much for GCM to contain.

I can see how you guys are not sold on GCM. They will have to be consistent in winning to change anyone's opinion. These guys are learning how to play together and this could spell success. They have some big play ability but prefer to go with the big RB on offense. the O-line looks very good and if they do not have to throw, they won't. Our QB has minimized his mistakes and has answered the call the past few weeks, making very good decisions running (4 tds vs dayton) and throwing the football. If he continues to play this way, we will be just fine. I do not see Crosby slowing this offense down, we can run a power game (#44), 192 yds rushing vs Dayton or we can put a little "shake and bake" (#33) who torched GP for 157 rushing yds in just 2 qtrs.

I do not buy into all the stats. We should have never lost to CE King and the guys appeared to have learned from this. We competed with Manvel for 2+ qtrs until turnovers did in our momentum. Nederland's "D" gave us problems but we scored on them as well. Both, Nederland and Manvel may be on their way to winning their districts. Playing these teams early just helped learn from the mistakes.

Our Defense has learned a little discipline and cause a lot of turnovers but this week will say a lot about their ability to be consistent. They are quick but this will be their biggest test since the Manvel game.
Good luck to both teams. I will not even predict what the outcome will be.

[quote name="cbear4" post="1086861" timestamp="1318951704"]
I can see how you guys are not sold on GCM. They will have to be consistent in winning to change anyone's opinion. These guys are learning how to play together and this could spell success. They have some big play ability but prefer to go with the big RB on offense. the O-line looks very good and if they do not have to throw, they won't. Our QB has minimized his mistakes and has answered the call the past few weeks, making very good decisions running (4 tds vs dayton) and throwing the football. If he continues to play this way, we will be just fine. I do not see Crosby slowing this offense down, we can run a power game (#44), 192 yds rushing vs Dayton or we can put a little "shake and bake" (#33) who torched GP for 157 rushing yds in just 2 qtrs.

I do not buy into all the stats. We should have never lost to CE King and the guys appeared to have learned from this. We competed with Manvel for 2+ qtrs until turnovers did in our momentum. Nederland's "D" gave us problems but we scored on them as well. Both, Nederland and Manvel may be on their way to winning their districts. Playing these teams early just helped learn from the mistakes.

Our Defense has learned a little discipline and cause a lot of turnovers but this week will say a lot about their ability to be consistent. They are quick but this will be their biggest test since the Manvel game.
[/quote]

I will predict it, GCM will run the ball all night controlling possession.  This is not the same team that played 4 or 5 weeks ago.  GCM wins this one.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1087020" timestamp="1318963858"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=89988.msg1086861#msg1086861 date=1318951704]

[/quote]

I will predict it, GCM will run the ball all night controlling possession.  This is not the same team that played 4 or 5 weeks ago.  GCM wins this one.
[/quote]
Turnovers might decide who wins this one. Go Patriots!

Ok I’m a stat guy as well  It’s hard to compare these two ,so  I’m going to go to teams that they have both played so far.

[b]Vs.  North Forest[/b]Crosby won 48-14 while gaining 401 yards and allowing 368
GCM won 27-7 – No stats from the Chronicle 

[b]Vs. C.E. King[/b]Crosby won 45-17 while gaining 418 yards and allowing 148
GCM lost 20-17 while gaining 242 yards and allowing 311

[b]Vs. Galena Park[/b]Crosby won 42-14 while gaining 503 yards and allowing 243
GCM won 45-13 while gaining 246 yards and allowing 187

Not counting the North Forest game due to no stats Crosby has averaged 460.5 yards a game compared to GCM’s 244 yards a game offensively. Defensively Crosby has allowed an average of 195.5 yards a game compared to GCM’s 249 yards a game.

Crosby averaged 216.5 more yards on offense than GCM and allowed an average of 53.5 yards a game less than GCM on Defense.

Unless Crosby just turns the ball over all game long I can’t see them losing.

Now do you see how bored I am !!!! Pulling stats on Crosby and GCM!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1087096" timestamp="1318968203"]

Ok I’m a stat guy as well  It’s hard to compare these two ,so  I’m going to go to teams that they have both played so far.

[b]Vs.  North Forest[/b]Crosby won 48-14 while gaining 401 yards and allowing 368
GCM won 27-7 – No stats from the Chronicle 

[b]Vs. C.E. King[/b]Crosby won 45-17 while gaining 418 yards and allowing 148
GCM lost 20-17 while gaining 242 yards and allowing 311

[b]Vs. Galena Park[/b]Crosby won 42-14 while gaining 503 yards and allowing 243
GCM won 45-13 while gaining 246 yards and allowing 187

Not counting the North Forest game due to no stats Crosby has averaged 460.5 yards a game compared to GCM’s 244 yards a game offensively. Defensively Crosby has allowed an average of 195.5 yards a game compared to GCM’s 249 yards a game.

Crosby averaged 216.5 more yards on offense than GCM and allowed an average of 53.5 yards a game less than GCM on Defense.

Unless Crosby just turns the ball over all game long I can’t see them losing.

Now do you see how bored I am !!!! Pulling stats on Crosby and GCM!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I predict that Crosby will spot GCM a huge lead and Merka will come out of the stands to lead a 2nd half comeback, where it will come down to an extra point to win the ballgame. The kicker will then get so excited that he will kick the holder's foot forcing the game into OT where GCM will kick a 50 yd FG to win the game.

That is my saturday morning story prediction.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder