Central vs Nederland Predictions.

That's true. Livingston fans did not make excuses for losing to Nederland. There were other people (from other towns ) discounting Ned's victory due to 'The Bull' not playing, but most Livingston fans showed class by not making excuses.

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1078448" timestamp="1318202400"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89540.msg1078392#msg1078392 date=1318198487]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89540.msg1078316#msg date=1318195111]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=89540.msg1078293#msg date=1318193334]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89540.msg1078260#msg date=1318191447]
If Central wins this game there will be a state of chaos in district 20-4A!!
[/quote]

If Central wins this game I'll wear that silly ars gay indian headress at PNG and dance naked at a Vidor game with a picture of Soulja tatood above each nipple.  ;D
[/quote]PLEASSSSEEEEE CENTRAL WIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[/quote]Ohh?  Is that funny?  This coming from someone who blamed a 2 score loss on the absence of ONE player?  Ok.  Laugh at that.
[/quote]who is that? I have never blamed the loss to ned on Mays not playing i was quick to say we lost the game because nederlands is a very good team!!
[/quote]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game for both teams...Central needs a win to stay alive in the playoof hunt and Nederland needs to keep winning to keep hopes of a district championship going...good to hear that Central has committed more to the run, but unfortunately for them, this plays directly into the strength of Nederland's front 7, which has been outstanding and may actually have a chance to be at full strength for the first time all season (injury reports pending)...Nederland playing the game in a way that I really like...defense and field position with the offense making enough plays to get the job done...just don't see many teams making a consistent living trying to cram the ball down Nederland's throat, especially with a long field...Nederland 24, Central 14

[quote name="Razor" post="1078806" timestamp="1318253121"]
Big game for both teams...Central needs a win to stay alive in the playoof hunt and Nederland needs to keep winning to keep hopes of a district championship going...good to hear that Central has committed more to the run, but unfortunately for them, this plays directly into the strength of Nederland's front 7, which has been outstanding and may actually have a chance to be at full strength for the first time all season (injury reports pending)...Nederland playing the game in a way that I really like...defense and field position with the offense making enough plays to get the job done...just don't see many teams making a consistent living trying to cram the ball down Nederland's throat, especially with a long field...Nederland 24, Central 14
[/quote]Great prediction and explaination, as usual, Razor.  I can respect that, but being a Jag fan, I hope that you are wrong.  I hope that we can find some good cutback running lanes and that we can catch the Bulldog defense offbalanced.  I also hope also that our defense comes to play like they did against LC-M last week.  You're right.  We need wins in a major way and Nederland is in the way. 

Will do, Razor.

I've gotten a short phone call conversation from a long time friend of mine from Nederland that this is the best defense that he's seen in a while and that NO team will be able to run downhill on this front 4, including Central.  All I say is Wow.  I would love to see how this game goes.  States that they want to force the game in the hands of our QB.  Well, sounds like a plan, but we won't get to that senerio IF the running is not stopped.  This is fresh off a 200+ yard performance from Carter from Central only after 1 week of the instalation of the new offense.  Man, Friday is not getting  here fast enough!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1078913" timestamp="1318259111"]
Will do, Razor.

I've gotten a short phone call conversation from a long time friend of mine from Nederland that this is the best defense that he's seen in a while and that NO team will be able to run downhill on this front 4, including Central.  All I say is Wow.  I would love to see how this game goes.  States that they want to force the game in the hands of our QB.  Well, sounds like a plan, but we won't get to that senerio IF the running is not stopped.  This is fresh off a 200+ yard performance from Carter from Central only after 1 week of the instalation of the new offense.  Man, Friday is not getting  here fast enough!
[/quote]

I agree with you, can't wait 'till Friday to see how this one turns out.  It's gonna be a good one... ;)

This game seems identical to the 2008 game.  nederland had a very high powered offense featuring Grogan, Bellows, and Selenga (either him or Brady). We started off not to hot in district.  We just came off a loss to Livingston and a beat down to West Brook.  Everyone picked us to lose.  We held that high powered Bulldog team to their season low of 10 points while we scored 20.  That was a running Central team that ran downhill right at them with no real big name backs with a QB that threw only a few times a game. I know that this Central team ended up going 4 rounds deep in the playoffs, but early inthe season and in district, they appeared to look mediocre at best, just like this Central team.

With the way our defense is playing now and from what I hear we will be at full strength for the first time.  I just cant see us losing.  Central and Ozen do have speed but we play fantastic team defense all over the field and the monsters up front are just getting better and better.  Dogs win this one.  28-17.

I would not say that we have a high powered offense this year... We do have a high powered defense though. Also, we no longer run the spread like the 08 team did. So, to be honest, I see no similarities between the 08 game and the 11 game. I think it will be a good one, just not sure why it has to relate or resemble any games of the past...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1078931" timestamp="1318259889"]
This game seems identical to the 2008 game.  nederland had a very high powered offense featuring Grogan, Bellows, and Selenga (either him or Brady). We started off not to hot in district.  We just came off a loss to Livingston and a beat down to West Brook.  Everyone picked us to lose.  We held that high powered Bulldog team to their season low of 10 points while we scored 20.  That was a running Central team that ran downhill right at them with no real big name backs with a QB that threw only a few times a game. I know that this Central team ended up going 4 rounds deep in the playoffs, but early inthe season and in district, they appeared to look mediocre at best, just like this Central team.
[/quote]

I agree jake...Central may have similar circumstances, but this Nederland team and the '08 team are really not very similar at all...this team's strength is good old fashioned, punch you in the mouth defense...kind of reminds me of the way LSU is playing this year, defense and field position with an offense good enough to compliment that strategy...as mentioned before, I am really looking forward to possibly having the entire defense together for the first time this season

[quote name="jake94" post="1079084" timestamp="1318269448"]
I would not say that we have a high powered offense this year... We do have a high powered defense though. Also, we no longer run the spread like the 08 team did. So, to be honest, I see no similarities between the 08 game and the 11 game. I think it will be a good one, just not sure why it has to relate or resemble any games of the past...

[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89540.msg1078931#msg1078931 date=1318259889]
[/quote]
[/quote]I  understand what you are saying.  But this year's Nederland team is top heavy on the defensive end, with is about the same.  2008 Nederland team = High Powered defense and Mediocre Defense
2011 Nederland Team = High Powered Defense and Mediocre Offense.  Here we are not so impressive, but have just came off a great defensive effort against a pretty good LC-M team. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1079117" timestamp="1318270638"]
Ned 21
Central 0

If Livingston can blank the Jags I don't know why Ned wouldn't be able too.
[/quote]Of course, an ant mound guy would think that.  We were shut out by Livingston because the heart and soul of the team went down on the first drive of the game and was told that his season was over.  This carried over to the team. No excuses, but that's what happened.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1079127" timestamp="1318270985"]
Just like I said for the Livingston game, Nederland has the best defensive line in the district. This one will be ugly. Troy Benjamin runs all over the place for 3-4 touchdowns. And #2, Shaw. Playmaker. Just outstanding. Central is going to have fun with this Nederland team. 42-10 DOGS!
[/quote]42 points?  Have nederland put up those kind of numbers this year?

[quote name="James Mosley" post="1079173" timestamp="1318272949"]
Really need to let this one go BMTSoulja1, Central is simply out matched and waaaaayyyyyyyyy out coached. Let it go, just let it go.,,,,,,,See ya after the game. I'll be the one bringing you some crow at midfield.........
[/quote]Just like we were every other year that the local media and guys like you picked against us?  ok.  That holds a lot of water in this argument.  8) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1079202" timestamp="1318273891"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=89540.msg1079127#msg1079127 date=1318270985]
Just like I said for the Livingston game, Nederland has the best defensive line in the district. This one will be ugly. Troy Benjamin runs all over the place for 3-4 touchdowns. And #2, Shaw. Playmaker. Just outstanding. Central is going to have fun with this Nederland team. 42-10 DOGS!
[/quote]42 points?  Have nederland put up those kind of numbers this year?
[/quote]

Nope. We will this week.  ;)

Soulja, let them make their predictions man.  Think back over the last several years as to pre-season picks on standings.  When has Central been picked to finish first, none that I can recall but we have on a couple of occasions and had some deep playoff runs too.  Central has been picked many times to loose over the years when ever they are playing a school that is supposed to have one of their better teams but we come through in the end. 

You remember Jordy Matherson?  He stepped in that year as a Sophomore after the starter went down with a broke leg in the first game and had a great year despite everyone picking against us. 

Not saying Central would have beat Livingston this year, I don't know.  But when Rob went down and his status came out, the kids gave up, the coaches didn't know what to do and the fans didn't believe.  Well all that has been corrected.  The kids are now in a situation where they have to play as a team and not rely on 1 or 2 people.  The coaches have finally got the right game plan.  And the Jaguar fans will be in affect in Nederland.

We (Central as a whole) are use to being the underdogs and dealing with adversity.  See all you Dog fans in Nederland and enjoy the band... 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder