Best Pitcher in 24-2aa??

[quote name="b-BallchaMpo7" post="1110392" timestamp="1320893996"]
Buna lost one good pitcher last year but y'all are forgetting that walden kid that pitched alot for them last year and the little Clark boy but I think... Price, walden and the kid from deweyvill.   
[/quote] isnt the clark kid out for the season because he broke his arm at a football game?

Guest baseball25
i guess yall are forgetten dyllan williams from hardin who will be a jr this yr and has been pitcher of the yr the last 2 yrs!!. i have been around the last 4 yrs watching these guys and have worked with both howell and williams and they both are very good, but the edge goes to williams, hes more consistient in the strike zone and can pound the fastball hard in and can throw his secondary pitch anytime in the count,  nothing against price but his mental side is what gets him and he flies open mechanic wise and leaves his pitches up in the zone, if he works on his mound presents hes going to be very good!!.but out of all the guys in the district williams from hardin had more upside than all of them!!

[quote name="pooplicker97" post="1112720" timestamp="1321033725"]
[quote author=b-BallchaMpo7 link=topic=89309.msg1110392#msg1110392 date=1320893996]
Buna lost one good pitcher last year but y'all are forgetting that walden kid that pitched alot for them last year and the little Clark boy but I think... Price, walden and the kid from deweyvill.   
[/quote] isnt the clark kid out for the season because he broke his arm at a football game?
[/quote]

At this point its looking that way but were hoping for a speedy recovery but even if he does come back soon enough i imaging he'll be too weak in his throwing arm to really do much.

Opions are like but holes, everybody has one, and so here's mine.  Warren does not have any superstars, but they do have a solid little team and will be a top contender for the district title.  The Williams kid from Hardin is a very good pitcher, and one of the best.  However I personally would not say he is the best.  By the way, is he supposed to be signing with anyone?  Deweyville's pitcher is just as good as the rest, kudos to him.  As far as the Price kid from Kountze, please do not take anything from him or blow him up to be a major league player.  However, I assure you, that he is one of the top all around players in the entire district, and contends to be the top pitcher in the district.  And right along side him as one of the top all around players and all around top pitchers in this district is the Walden kid from Buna, last year Walden played the season injured, he had a slap tear in his shoulder that happened in the Lumberton tourney, however he still finished the season strong.  By the way, the Walden kid can stroke the ball.  Buna also boast the Clark kid, and even though he broke his arm, he will be one of the top pitchers in th district.  Buna, should still be the team to beat!  And let's not forget about little Caleb Lavergne, from East Chambers, he should be EC's go to guy, Lavergne did a good job last year, however was plagued with an injury to his throwing arm.  As far as Anuhauc goes, I believe they lost their big boys, but with the coach they have, I'm sure something good will come out of there.  I personally wish all these kids success on the diamond this year, I love to watch good baseball and quality pitching.  If I was a coach, I would love to have ever pitcher mentioned on here, on my team.  Good luck guys.[color=blue][/color]

[quote name="aTm_1989" post="1116852" timestamp="1321209519"]
Opions are like but holes, everybody has one, and so here's mine.  Warren does not have any superstars, but they do have a solid little team and will be a top contender for the district title.  The Williams kid from Hardin is a very good pitcher, and one of the best.  However I personally would not say he is the best.  By the way, is he supposed to be signing with anyone?  Deweyville's pitcher is just as good as the rest, kudos to him.  As far as the Price kid from Kountze, please do not take anything from him or blow him up to be a major league player.  However, I assure you, that he is one of the top all around players in the entire district, and contends to be the top pitcher in the district.  And right along side him as one of the top all around players and all around top pitchers in this district is the Walden kid from Buna, last year Walden played the season injured, he had a slap tear in his shoulder that happened in the Lumberton tourney, however he still finished the season strong.  By the way, the Walden kid can stroke the ball.  Buna also boast the Clark kid, and even though he broke his arm, he will be one of the top pitchers in th district.  Buna, should still be the team to beat!  And let's not forget about little Caleb Lavergne, from East Chambers, he should be EC's go to guy, Lavergne did a good job last year, however was plagued with an injury to his throwing arm.  As far as Anuhauc goes, I believe they lost their big boys, but with the coach they have, I'm sure something good will come out of there.  I personally wish all these kids success on the diamond this year, I love to watch good baseball and quality pitching.  If I was a coach, I would love to have ever pitcher mentioned on here, on my team.  Good luck guys.[color=blue][/color]
[/quote]
Well said!  ALL of these kids are talented and a joy to watch.  They made the season very exciting last year and I'm looking forward to another good one.  There is no point in tearing one player down in order to try to build another up.  There is enough room for them all.  :)  I too, wish all of them the best and hope they have injury free seasons and play to their best potential.  Wouldn't that make for an interesting season?  Best post I've read since I've been on here, aTm_1989.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Insurance Man" post="1128471" timestamp="1322078580"]
[quote author=BunaBoy84 link=topic=89309.msg1106216#msg1106216 date=1320530669]
Everyone in Buna is thinkin 6 in a row ;) ;)
[/quote]Not gonna happen....Kountze and EC will be the powers in dist. this year.
[/quote]
We hear this year after year. Untill it happens Ill continue to put faith in the 5 in a row district champs Buna Cougars.

I do wish the best to all teams, but as everyone knows it is going to be a big difference in the game this year with the BBCOR bats. There will not be as many booms hit for sure. I think it will come down to Warren and Buna again but it will be Warren on top this time.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sportsmack
Buna or Warren or EC? You can not overlook Kountze. They have a good core group of players in the program this year and with a the addition of Joe Kirby as coach, things should be much improved.  Lets face it, kountze has suffered from a lack of coaching.  Talent has not been the big issue.  Pitching wise Colby Price will do the heavy lifting, but he has a good bullpen to back him up.  Kountze also has some younger talent that should be a big help this year.  Fresh. and Soph. classes should help at the plate and on the mound.  I know of one freshman pitcher that is pretty salty and hits a ton, anyway we will see and time will tell the tell.  My prediction is The Mighty Cougars will be the hunted, The Warriors will be flanked, The Bucs will be sunk, The Lions will be full!  As for the rest of the district, I would not take any of them lightly.  They all have the ability to bring on an upset.   

• 4 weeks later...
Same as the last 5 years when everyone says anahuac, dville, ec, kountze, warren will win it. [i]Yes[/i], there are good pitchers in the district in hardin, kountze, and warren. [i]Yes[/i], there are also other good hitters and fielders. But it takes Good pitching, good hitting, and good defense to win it all. Buna has proved to be the best in this district at putting those 3 together.

Its hard to go undefeated in baseball. Im sure the cougs will lose a few they shouldnt just as others do, and everyone will think this is their teams year to win district. But come end of the season the cougars will stand with their[u][b] 6th [/b] [/u] consecutive district championship. Good group of talented boys on the diamond this year that will be well coached and disciplined. Walden, Clark, and Franklin on the bump for Buna with a solid D behind them, should be a fun season to watch. Go get # 6 Cougars.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone that knows anything about baseball knows the fastest isn't always the best ... Let's talk about some kids who have been consistent and have committed price (kountze) walden (buna)... Im not sure if the kid from Warren has committed but he is a great consistent pitcher as well...

Guest basketball25
hardin has had  the pitcher of the yr the last 2 yrs and he's only a junior!!! Deweyville stud struck out 33 batters in 2 games against kountze last yr and he also beat buna and he is also a good pitcher!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder