Coldspring Vs Huffman

beastking18

Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win out of Coldspring Vs Huffman

• Coldspring
    • Huffman

I've seen both teams this year.  Huffman has a good team, really as good as last year's team, but they are no match for the Coldspring machine, well-oiled, running on all pistons, strong and confident.  I've not seen a team in 3A as good in a while. I don't think CS will crush Huffman like they've done the other 22AAA teams, but they will win by 3 touchdowns or more. Good luck to both teams on a competitive game with no injuries.  I'd like to see you both go far in the playoffs.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Firstdown" post="1093254" timestamp="1319494131"]
No Huffman did get a win to Cleveland but we were not impressed at all. We left at halftime. seen enough. In my opinion alot of bad coaching. Could have so easly been a differant ball game.
[/quote]

Had to me pi$%^ poor coaching for Huffman to blow out Cleveland. Forget the fact the Huffman has a gr8 QB, RB, WR , LB, DL, etc..........had to be bad coaching for Cleveland.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1092940" timestamp="1319478428"]
[quote author=Firstdown link=topic=88996.msg1092931#msg1092931 date=1319478083]
There is nothing else Coldspring fans can say to really make Huffman fans understand how good Coldsprings really is. Because they more than likely have not seen them play this year. All they are going by is their stats against teams thats no comparison againt us. I mean dont even compare our defense to clevelands. And yall didnt blow them out. Thats an average game for us. Go look and see our scores, with 2nd and 3rd string in the whole 2nd half. but anyways you only have four days left, and then you will see what we are saying. Coldspring 60 Huffman 7 maybe 14
[/quote]

Yeah I forgot 49-3 isn't a blowout ::). I'm sorry we don't run up the score and try to beat everyone by 70. BTW you are right I haven't seen coldspring, but have you seen Huffman?
[/quote]
I've seen CS and Huffman both this year. Coldsprings 2nd and 3rd string play the 2nd and 3rd quarters and they still win 60+ to 0, you saying that they try to beat everyone by 70 and run up the score is crazy, they run the ball every single play, it's not their fault the other teams cant shed the blocks of their 3rd stringers, let's also remember they only have about 500 kids at their entire school. Huffman on the other hand, let's chunk up hail marrys so it doesn't look like Shepherd came close, or pass every down to CS run every down and still only score 40 something on Splendora.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1093654" timestamp="1319547079"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=88996.msg1092940#msg1092940 date=1319478428]
[quote author=Firstdown link=topic=88996.msg1092931#msg1092931 date=1319478083]
There is nothing else Coldspring fans can say to really make Huffman fans understand how good Coldsprings really is. Because they more than likely have not seen them play this year. All they are going by is their stats against teams thats no comparison againt us. I mean dont even compare our defense to clevelands. And yall didnt blow them out. Thats an average game for us. Go look and see our scores, with 2nd and 3rd string in the whole 2nd half. but anyways you only have four days left, and then you will see what we are saying. Coldspring 60 Huffman 7 maybe 14
[/quote]

Yeah I forgot 49-3 isn't a blowout ::). I'm sorry we don't run up the score and try to beat everyone by 70. BTW you are right I haven't seen coldspring, but have you seen Huffman?
[/quote]
I've seen CS and Huffman both this year. Coldsprings 2nd and 3rd string play the 2nd and 3rd quarters and they still win 60+ to 0, you saying that they try to beat everyone by 70 and run up the score is crazy, they run the ball every single play, it's not their fault the other teams cant shed the blocks of their 3rd stringers, let's also remember they only have about 500 kids at their entire school. Huffman on the other hand, let's chunk up hail marrys so it doesn't look like Shepherd came close, or pass every down to CS run every down and still only score 40 something on Splendora.
[/quote]

Coldspring is a runnig offence of course they ran every game, Huffman is a passing offence so why would we run the ball? How does runnig the ball every play make out backups better? If they didn't want to beat people by 60+ they wouldn't do it. This is my question how did this coldspring team get so much better than last year when they lost so much. Last year they were a great team, but this year it is like they are gods and thier backups can't help but score everytime, if that was true why didnt they beat everyone 67-0 last year? Average margin of victory this year 51.625 last year durring regular season 29.6 and that was a team that went to state. How are they so much better unless they run it up?

BTW the shepherd game wasn't close and Niether was the liberty game ;).

Guest Firstdown
Huffman is living in Huffmans world right now. They havent seen Coldsprings play this year. And yes our defense is alot better, and our offense is better. Look at the scores and you will know.Yall are just living a dream right now, but come Friday it will be a nightmare. Sometimes its better to see whats out their before you predict scores and say how good you are.

[quote name="Firstdown" post="1093700" timestamp="1319550813"]
Huffman is living in Huffmans world right now. They havent seen Coldsprings play this year. And yes our defense is alot better, and our offense is better. Look at the scores and you will know.Yall are just living a dream right now, but come Friday it will be a nightmare. Sometimes its better to see whats out their before you predict scores and say how good you are.
[/quote]

Like coldspring isn't living in thier own world lol. Anyway way to judge a team based on one half you clearly know everything ::).

Im not going to predict a score on this one. Both teams are great teams and I think they both will shine come friday night. I do know Coldspring's D is better than it was last year, THe Andres kid on the dline is a beast and puts alot of pressure on the Qb. The d backs are fast and love to hit hard. He O for coldspring is fast and have several wepons besides Gilbert and Monroe,so it should keep Huffman on there toes.

As for Huffman, I think there D is better than it was last year and there O is good but wondering how The new Qb will do under pressure with the Quick D line of Coldspring who spends more time in the opposing teams backfield than there offense when they are in the Huddle... With that being said I know Huffman likes to run a no huddle O so that could wear an the Coldsprings D through out the game.

Hope its a great game for both teams

Yeah I forgot 49-3 isn't a blowout ::). [b]I'm sorry we don't run up the score [/b] and try to beat everyone by 70. BTW you are right I haven't seen coldspring, but have you seen Huffman?
[/quote]

guess you missed the unexpected scoring pass with 30 seconds left in the game to try and make it seem as if ya'll blew liberty out... HAHA! ironic.. and no we're not bitter, maybe if ya'll knocked us from the playoffs.. anywho, huffman fans always seem to preduct wins and have so far only beat the teams they were supposed to excluding liberty.. how u go from struggling with shepherd to beating or even challenging cs puzzles me.. please explain.

[quote name="UTEPminer" post="1093828" timestamp="1319558868"]

Yeah I forgot 49-3 isn't a blowout ::). [b]I'm sorry we don't run up the score [/b] and try to beat everyone by 70. BTW you are right I haven't seen coldspring, but have you seen Huffman?
[/quote]

guess you missed the unexpected scoring pass with 30 seconds left in the game to try and make it seem as if ya'll blew liberty out... HAHA! ironic.. and no we're not bitter, maybe if ya'll knocked us from the playoffs.. anywho, huffman fans always seem to preduct wins and have so far only beat the teams they were supposed to excluding liberty.. how u go from struggling with shepherd to beating or even challenging cs puzzles me.. please explain.
[/quote]

Well first off we didn't struggle with shepherd over 400 on offence around 150 given up on D outscored them 29-0  and held them to negative yards in the second half, and beat the by 21 I don't called that struggling. The liberty wasn't close either most of the second half was 28-7 I think you might of had like 2 first downs in the entire first half. Then with 5 min left in the fouth you score the game was already in hand it didn't really matter. Anyway shepherd always seems to give us a better game than the rest of district(including liberty) they even did last year when we "challenged' coldsprings.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1093836" timestamp="1319559492"]
[quote author=UTEPminer link=topic=88996.msg1093828#msg1093828 date=1319558868]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well first off we didn't struggle with shepherd over 400 on offence around 150 given up on D outscored them 29-0  and held them to negative yards in the second half, and beat the by 21 I don't called that struggling. The liberty wasn't close either most of the second half was 28-7 I think you might of had like 2 first downs in the entire first half. Then with 5 min left in the fouth you score the game was already in hand it didn't really matter. Anyway shepherd always seems to give us a better game than the rest of district(including liberty) they even did last year when we "challenged' coldsprings.
[/quote]

ya'll were tied with them at half, but yeah no struggle there. ya'll beat liberty by 20 by scoring with thirty seconds left when everyone was expecting a kneel, not to mention the dropped passed in the endzone by jones.. OK. with that i am through. cs by 40+.. easy!

Wasn't Liberty behind Splendora at half or struggling?

Didn't Huffman drop a pass in the endzone too?

I am not sure where this is going? Huffman BEAT Liberty... Huffman will have their hands full this week with Coldsprings.

Liberty NEEDS to BEAT Cleveland TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS, Huffman is already in... Good Luck to all 4 Teams this week. Stay injury free and lets represent 22-3A well in the playoffs.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1093849" timestamp="1319559958"]

I am not sure where this is going? Huffman BEAT Liberty... Huffman will have their hands full this week with Coldsprings.

Liberty NEEDS to BEAT Cleveland TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS, Huffman is already in... Good Luck to all 4 Teams this week. Stay injury free and lets represent 22-3A well in the playoffs.
[/quote]

no, they weren't behind at all, ever. point is huffman didn't blow liberty out, everyone in their right minds knows liberty will blow cleveland out and huffman imo doesn't stand a chance. if huffmans fans were so arrogant without reason and sometimes ignorant to an annoying point ppl outside of huffman could actually like and cheer for them. but SOME OF YA'LL make it impossible

[quote name="UTEPminer" post="1093851" timestamp="1319560195"]
[quote author=I_Can_Do_It_ALL! link=topic=88996.msg1093849#msg1093849 date=1319559958]

[/quote]

no, they weren't behind at all, ever. point is huffman didn't blow liberty out, everyone in their right minds knows liberty will blow cleveland out and huffman imo doesn't stand a chance. if huffmans fans were so arrogant without reason and sometimes ignorant to an annoying point ppl outside of huffman could actually like and cheer for them. but SOME OF YA'LL make it impossible
[/quote]

I don't think we said Huffman blew liberty out just that the game wasn't close. Imo a close games means both teams had a chance to win, liberty didn't have a chance after the first quarter.

If Huffman fans are so arrogant what are liberty fans? Yall are the ones who started thread after thread on how liberty will dominate Huffman (guess that didn't work out).

What do you expect us to do? Just give up because they play the almighty and unbeatable coldspring? Huffman fans I have not come on here and talked trash, insulted the community, challenged fans to fights, of told them to kill them selves like liberty fans have. You did many of those things you're self under your old name before you got banned. Liberty fans are by far the most arrogant in this district. Huffman fans have repeatedly given coldspring props, but that dosent mean we know were going to lose before the game starts. We know were the underdogs and rightfully so, but it was close game last year and if Huffman pulls out a win it is not like it will the greatest upset ever.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1093881" timestamp="1319561517"]
Rooting for our fabled long lost opponet Huffman.  I don't see it happening, but neither did WOS 4 or so years back.  Not that WOS is any Coldspring by any stretch of the imagination.
[/quote]

I believe the year we beat wos in the dome(04) they were ranked 2nd in the state. I could be wrong that was just what we were told ;D.

same thing to me, but ok

i didn't start those threads although i posted there repeatedly an still believe liberty picked the worst possible time to have a bad game. although you and i both know i've given huffman props and sad they were the better team and there coaching was superior, mainly because they took advantage of a weak secondary

i have a thing for telling ppl to kill themselves, what can i say. it's a pohrase that's obviousl not to be taken seriously, but if someone happened to be dumb enough to do so or emotional enough to cry about it so be it. I personally never chaleenged anyone on here to fight, although i do recall agreeing to fight a guy who post under hjgrad whom i happen to know personally AFTER BEING cALLED OUT. insulted community? that's dumb, "i'm from liberty but let me talk about it real quick so i can insult myself while not realizing that i'm doing so" that would be dumb, and my education suits me a lil better than that so you lost me with that one

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1093884" timestamp="1319561719"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=88996.msg1093881#msg1093881 date=1319561517]
Rooting for our fabled long lost opponet Huffman.  I don't see it happening, but neither did WOS 4 or so years back.  Not that WOS is any Coldspring by any stretch of the imagination.
[/quote]

I believe the year we beat wos in the dome(04) they were ranked 2nd in the state. I could be wrong that was just what we were told ;D.
[/quote]

Dang, I am getting old and been bad mouthing WOS not nearly long enough...... ;D ;D ;D

How's Townley working out for yall? 

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1093690" timestamp="1319550094"]
If they didn't want to beat people by 60+ they wouldn't do it. This is my question how did this coldspring team get so much better than last year when they lost so much. Last year they were a great team, but this year it is like they are gods and thier backups can't help but score everytime, if that was true why didnt they beat everyone 67-0 last year? Average margin of victory this year 51.625 last year durring regular season 29.6 and that was a team that went to state. How are they so much better unless they run it up?
[/quote]

If you go to maxpreps and look at the stats from last year you'll see that Coldspring was regularly putting up 40-50 pts a game...(40+ pts 2 times and 50+ pts 5 times)...In the playoffs they had 2 more 40+ pt games and another 50+ pt game)...It's not as if they just started scoring lots of points...

Last year all most all of the carries went to Cummings and Gilbert...Tevin Bryant (who was Coldspring's leading rusher the prior year-before Cummings returned to Coldspring) got most of the remaining carries when the game got out of control...

Monroe only had about 15 carries for the year...8 of those came in the Crockett game when Gilbert was still out and Bryant had a bad ankle...He was a threat everytime he touched it last year and that's one of the reasons he didn't get many carries late in games...Coaches told him he wasn't going in much because they didn't want him scoring and/or getting hurt (he was the 2nd leading tackler last year from his SS position)....

Cooper was a sophomore last year and got a few carries but Giddens and Johnson were still on the freshmen team...They didn't get moved up until playoffs and they usually got the late game carries in the playoff blowouts...Giddens & Johnson are just simply very good...They both could be starters this year if not for Gilbert & Monroe...Cooper is also very good but probably lacks the breakaway speed of the other two...All three will make plenty of noise next year when they get most of the carries...

I'd say there are 2 main factors for the scores being the way they have been up to this point...First the teams played this year have not been as good starting with game one against Kirbyville...Secondly the defense looks to be better (especially front 7)....

I've been to every game this year and trust me when I say Coldspring could've scored into the 90's several times if they had of wanted...If you look at the combined carries of Gilbert and Monroe this year they're less than Gilbert and Cummings had last year...Coldspring has done anything but run up the score...Lineman have gotten carries this year...The game against Splendora they stopped putting anyone back to return punts with about 4 mins left in the 2nd qtr....Also in several games the clock has only stopped in the 2nd half for change of direction at the end of the 3rd qtr...

The games have been no contests but at some point the backs still need a few carries just to stay sharp and the backups need a few for experience...The real problem has been the other teams inability to stop simple running plays...It isn't Coldsprings fault...They can't take a knee the entire 2nd half...

They wont have to worry about taking a knee this game. They will be in a dog fight with Huffman! I know there are arguements for both sides for a victory. That Huffman offense is on all cylinders and the defense has been on point most of the season. I know CS is money on both sides of the ball and I cant wait to see how they react to a physical disciplined football team! This game will be more than worth the price of admission! CYA THERE!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder