Vidor Pirate pre-District football schedules....

robanadana

to answer some of the Nederland, PNG and other fans, have been dictated by who will play us, not whom we select. Speak with Jeff Mathews about why we have to play against Texarkana Texas High or Catholic schools like St. Thomas and Kelly and you'll find we get a lot of the same treatment Crosby gave us, dredging up the past and cancelling at the last minute. I appreciate Texas High playing on our schedule as well as the Orange County schools. Thank you Kirbyville for a home and away. It's seems we play way more away games pre-district than home games, go figure. We had New Caney once in 2005 and Barbers Hill once in 2006 but neither gave us return game at our house (beat New Caney, lost to BH). I'm sorry, but I know Jeff well and he'll play anybody, anywhere and the Pirates aren't afraid of anyone. At least St. Thomas came to Vidor, along with Craig Biggio. So, instead of talking smack, why don't some of you other schools call Jeff and schedule home and aways rather than this game of "I'm not playing in Vidor!" Ask Beaumont Ozen or Beaumont Central how they're treated when they play here. I would love to see a Brenham or Barbers Hill or Texas City on our pre-district schedule, especially in our house!! You'll find Vidorians warm and friendly and you'll come away with a new respect for our football team. Just my two baht.....

[quote name="robanadana" post="1062420" timestamp="1316683356"]
to answer some of the Nederland, PNG and other fans, have been dictated by who will play us, not whom we select. Speak with Jeff Mathews about why we have to play against Texarkana Texas High or Catholic schools like St. Thomas and Kelly and you'll find we get a lot of the same treatment Crosby gave us, dredging up the past and cancelling at the last minute. I appreciate Texas High playing on our schedule as well as the Orange County schools. Thank you Kirbyville for a home and away. It's seems we play way more away games pre-district than home games, go figure. We had New Caney once in 2005 and Barbers Hill once in 2006 but neither gave us return game at our house (beat New Caney, lost to BH). I'm sorry, but I know Jeff well and he'll play anybody, anywhere and the Pirates aren't afraid of anyone. At least St. Thomas came to Vidor, along with Craig Biggio. So, instead of talking smack, why don't some of you other schools call Jeff and schedule home and aways rather than this game of "I'm not playing in Vidor!" Ask Beaumont Ozen or Beaumont Central how they're treated when they play here. I would love to see a Brenham or Barbers Hill or Texas City on our pre-district schedule, especially in our house!! You'll find Vidorians warm and friendly and you'll come away with a new respect for our football team. Just my two baht.....
[/quote]

Great post..... 8)

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1062424" timestamp="1316687977"]
you're welcome....I personally like it when we play Vidor; coaches are long time friends, great matchups and good clean games....thank you :) and wait till next yr. ;D
[/quote]

kcat you are one of many Kville fans who are class acts...... Kiville may be in a reloading yr. but that town has to much talent and heart to stay down for long.......I do have to say though I enjoyed this years game a lot better than the butt kicking you'll put on us last yr.    ;) ;)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1062437" timestamp="1316691663"]
[quote author=Le Sgt Rey (French) link=topic=88630.msg1062434#msg1062434 date=1316691476]
I still have [b]baht[/b]!...lol

I think people don't like Vidor cause they won't build a new Wal-mart.... ;D
[/quote]

???  Le Sgt....what is baht ??
[/quote]
The currency in Thailand....the peso is worth more..lets put it that way...

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1062424" timestamp="1316687977"]
you're welcome....I personally like it when we play Vidor; coaches are long time friends, great matchups and good clean games....thank you :) [b][b]and wait till next yr.[/b] ;D
[/quote][/b]

Kirbyville will most likely be back in 2A next year,from the coaches I've talked to...

Hay Vidor fans when you are a threat everyone takes shots at you. Vidor can only play the schedule that is in place. If you where 0-3 no one would be complaing they would be saying that's what we expect. Tell your kids keep it up your program is going places. No more lets schedule Vidor for Homecoming LOL !!!!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1062420" timestamp="1316683356"]
[/quote]

This is not directed at the strength of schedule as I think Coach Mathews has done a great job in improving that over the past few years.  However, I just needed to correct information that might be a little misleading.  It is in regard to the allegation that New Caney and Barbers Hill never played a game in Vidor.  Actually, they did.  Both New Caney and Barbers Hill played in Vidor in 2004, Barbers Hill winning 35-19 in Week 1 and New Caney winning 23-7 in Week 3.  In 2005, Vidor returned the favor, traveling to Barbers Hill and New Caney, losing 42-19 to the Hill and defeating New Caney 28-3.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1062596" timestamp="1316707706"]
I guess I'm the only one that goes to the Wal-Mart in Vidor... :'(
[/quote]
LMAO wow.  :D  :D  :D  :D

i think the problem jeff has is the offense he runs, the wing t. no one else sees the wing t in there districts. not many teams run this offense. they wont to play people who run the spread because that is what they will see in district play. not all his fault or being from vidor

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="mf8791" post="1062731" timestamp="1316723228"]
i think the problem jeff has is the offense he runs, the wing t. no one else sees the wing t in there districts. not many teams run this offense. they wont to play people who run the spread because that is what they will see in district play. not all his fault or being from vidor
[/quote]
Jeff runs a Slot t offense.

WOS Admin, I do stand corrected about the BH and New Caney games at home. My bad. But, BH was 2006 post-Rita at their house. I felt the 2005 season we had a strong shot at the playoffs but lost the heartbreak to Central during a Saturday evening game which cost us the chance. 2004 I was on assignment again with my job and didn't make the football season but got back for that great basketball team we had. By the way, baht is Thai money which is where I am right now. Saw my Pirates play the first three games and hope to be back in time for the Livingston game at the end of the season.....of course this is the best place to keep up with my team.....

[quote name="I-10 / Vidor-0" post="1062753" timestamp="1316724987"]
Vidor plays a weak pre-district schedule so they can get wins . 3-7 is a good year for Vidor . They might see 4-6 this year , which would be an outstanding year for Vidor fooseball
[/quote]

You know I thought you were just having a little fun and funny.  I have relized all the way up north of the red river, your just  pathetic...

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1063338" timestamp="1316795508"]
[quote author=I-10 / Vidor-0 link=topic=88630.msg1062753#msg1062753 date=1316724987]
Vidor plays a weak pre-district schedule so they can get wins . 3-7 is a good year for Vidor . They might see 4-6 this year , which would be an outstanding year for Vidor fooseball
[/quote]

You know I thought you were just having a little fun and funny.  I have relized all the way up north of the red river, your just  pathetic...
[/quote]

What  ? you know that the truth is you may and I stress may beat Lumberton , If youre lucky

[quote name="I-10 / Vidor-0" post="1062753" timestamp="1316724987"]
Vidor plays a weak pre-district schedule so they can get wins . 3-7 is a good year for Vidor . [b]They might see 4-6 this year [/b], which would be an outstanding year for Vidor fooseball
[/quote]
I am pretty sure that next ones coming from tonight... who cares if we lose every game after... i would like to see this guy get humbled.....haha

[quote name="cougars" post="1063480" timestamp="1316806488"]
[quote author=I-10 / Vidor-0 link=topic=88630.msg1062753#msg1062753 date=1316724987]
Vidor plays a weak pre-district schedule so they can get wins . 3-7 is a good year for Vidor . [b]They might see 4-6 this year [/b], which would be an outstanding year for Vidor fooseball
[/quote]
I am pretty sure that next ones coming from tonight... who cares if we lose every game after... i would like to see this guy get humbled.....haha
[/quote]

I am willing to wager my existence on this board that Big Ned wins tonight . Seriously , if we get beat by Veedor of all teams ( not gonna happen ) I will recite the Pirette school song then disappear from this board completely .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder