West Brook The Future

bruiser92

Ok I apparently upset some folks with my criticism of somethings, I apologize for that.  I have kids that live with their mom in Katy and go to Katy High School so perhaps I was a bit more angry and frustrated than I should have been.

However, many of you said that it was no big deal because Katy kills us all the time.  So my question is, how does West Brook get to the point where they are the Katy and are the team no one wants to face?

I know we've had some playoff runs, and district championships, but how does WB get to that point where they turn the corner and climb to the next level of recognized powerhouse?  Or, will the creation of Ozen always be the excuse/reason because of it's draining of the talent pool from WB?

Just curious and hope someone knows.  Or do we just have fun and enjoy the games as much and as long into each season as we can and settle for just being what we are? 

The irony of it all, WB loss to Katy in '94 started the Big Red Wave if you will.  WB won't be able to compete with those outside the confinds of Beaumont due to the numbers game but even with they had James Brown and Co., Brook couldn't see their way past the 2nd round....

Great point.  Football '91 Class of '92 went 10-0 regular season...They had James Brown, but also Calvin Collins and Frank Middleton.

So are you saying then we just need to accept who we are and take the good times and cherish them when they happen?  I guess...
Sucks though..lol.

I was part of the 92 class.  Great group.  No Lt. I didn't play, I was a soccer guy, and Bruiser (the mascot) for two years, thus my name.  So trust me I'm a fan.

And hope we can get deep playoff runs and state respect again.  The last 2 years were pretty good though weren't they...felt like I could believe....I wanna believe again...Guess I'm just bummed...I'll change my name to Buzz Kill.

The Forest Park fans will disagree with me but Stump tends to try to outscore folks.  Works when you want to be kings of Beaumont.  Not so much against the Dickersons, Cy-Fairs, and Katys of the world.  PAM has the same problem:  Not physical enough which I attribute to the Spread(sissyball)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi