Should WB start to think about their future at QB?

bruiser92

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1062343" timestamp="1316659770"]
I heard Stump is injured and Jr C. Clack and Sr J. Malone will play QB for the Bruins.
[/quote]
yeah. We want to win obviously but we don't want to risk further injury to Stump in a nondistrict. I say we have a good chance even if Stump doesn't play. Could work itself out like last year's Lee game-Reyes injured, Stump starts, WB wins. 

[quote name="hipster" post="1061221" timestamp="1316531703"]
Hey le rey just curious where and when did you play?
[/quote]
I played in Houston
Fresh - Northbrook - QB/OLB
Soph - Davis - QB/SS/CB
Junior - Northbrook - OLB/WR
Senior - Northbrook - OLB/WR  C/O '94 (last known winning season for Northbrook)
5yrs - USMC - SS

[quote name="WB1993" post="1062364" timestamp="1316661625"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=88442.msg1062343#msg1062343 date=1316659770]
I heard Stump is injured and Jr C. Clack and Sr J. Malone will play QB for the Bruins.
[/quote]
yeah. We want to win obviously but we don't want to risk further injury to Stump in a nondistrict. I say we have a good chance even if Stump doesn't play. Could work itself out like last year's Lee game-Reyes injured, Stump starts, WB wins.
[/quote]
They have split time before as freshman(stump/malone)...malone has played QB since he was born(u know what I mean)...even split time with Reyes in little league a little...I just hate that he was thrown in with out having split reps in practice since the spring....should have been brought around with stump since last year behind Jr, if he was planning on playing him at QB...IMO...there were plenty of games where both could have been evaluated....Bruce Jr's first full game was against Northshore...in week 5 i believe...

I would rely on Percy/"Waffle" on the ground with Clack for this one....keep bringing malone around for district...but we are a lil thin at receiver to risk another injury before district.  If Malone/Clack do good this game, does a rotation of QB/WR(Stump) start to mix in for District?

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1062433" timestamp="1316690906"]
[quote author=WB1993 link=topic=88442.msg1062364#msg1062364 date=1316661625]
[/quote]
[/quote]
They have split time before as freshman(stump/malone)...malone has played QB since he was born(u know what I mean)...even split time with Reyes in little league a little...[b]I just hate that he was thrown in with out having split reps in practice since the spring....should have been brought around with stump since last year behind Jr, if he was planning on playing him at QB...IMO...there were plenty of games where both could have been evaluated[/b]....Bruce Jr's first full game was against Northshore...in week 5 i believe...

I would rely on Percy/"Waffle" on the ground with Clack for this one....keep bringing malone around for district...but we are a lil thin at receiver to risk another injury before district.  If Malone/Clack do good this game, does a rotation of QB/WR(Stump) start to mix in for District?
[/quote]You are 100%, absolutely correct in your opinion. It seems like its a little late to throw him in the mix.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1062719" timestamp="1316721786"]
[quote author=Le Sgt Rey (French) link=topic=88442.msg1062433#msg1062433 date=1316690906]
[quote author=WB1993 link=topic=88442.msg1062364#msg1062364 date=1316661625]
[/quote]
[/quote]
They have split time before as freshman(stump/malone)...malone has played QB since he was born(u know what I mean)...even split time with Reyes in little league a little...[b]I just hate that he was thrown in with out having split reps in practice since the spring....should have been brought around with stump since last year behind Jr, if he was planning on playing him at QB...IMO...there were plenty of games where both could have been evaluated[/b]....Bruce Jr's first full game was against Northshore...in week 5 i believe...

[/quote]You are 100%, absolutely correct in your opinion. It seems like its a little late to throw him in the mix.
[/quote]
yeah I agree. With all due respect to Clack, I hear that we have a better chance to win tomorrow with Malone at QB. But I do remember he got some reps in '09 as a sophomore so he's not foreign at all to the position. I still like Stump at QB when he's healthy, unless Malone really shows the coaches something this week. As for strategy, running the ball seems logical-Percy should get and deserves a lot of touches tomorrow.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1063098" timestamp="1316778446"]
Don't forget about Steven Wycoff. That kid is a great complement to Percy. If given the right set, both backs can do some damage. We really need to win this game!
[/quote]Wycoff = "Waffle"...nick name from little league..

[quote name="bruiser92" post="1063244" timestamp="1316790035"]
Speaking of sophomores and getting reps, what does WB have waiting in the wings over the next 2 years as far as potential D1 recruits and standouts?
[/quote]
I hear sophomore RB Hervey (Harvey maybe?) #25 is supposed to be a beast. He's on varsity but hasn't played yet this year.

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1063135" timestamp="1316781522"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=88442.msg1063098#msg1063098 date=1316778446]
Don't forget about Steven Wycoff. That kid is a great complement to Percy. If given the right set, both backs can do some damage. We really need to win this game!
[/quote]Wycoff = "Waffle"...nick name from little league..
[/quote]LOL! I nicknamed him "Tree Trunk" after seeing him at a track meet a few years back. His legs looked like Tree Trunks. Thats what he is affectionately known as around our house. hehe....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi