(3-0) Brenham @ (3-0) Magnolia West- Predictions? (9/23/11)

BrenhamFan

While Brenham is 3-0 all time against Magnolia West, the Mustangs have improved every year.  Last year, MW made the playoffs for the first time in their 3 year existence, but were beat 55-0, by Brenham in the district opener.  They return a HB that had 1,800+ yards, and a group that has played together for a while now.  The Mustangs run the slot-T, and depend on good blocking and misdirection plays.  It will be the Mustang's potent rushing attack vs the Cub's juggernaut defense.....  Something has got to give!

So far...

[b]Brenham[/b]                                  [b]Magnolia West[/b]
W        Huntsville              65-16    W        Oak Ridge      46-12
W  @ Lamar Consolidated 26-3      W  @ Kingwood Park  42-19
W    @ Houston Lamar      21-10    W        @ Willis          24-21

Prediction:
Brenham          31
Magnolia West 14

[quote name="Trocket" post="1056459" timestamp="1315962688"]
Magnolia West at home, if they don't put the ball on the ground, and not get out coached. Humm, I'm gonna go out on a limb and................put that Saw down BrenhamFan!!!!!!!!! and..........say............ Brenham 21 and Magnolia West 35. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wow!  Not only an upset, but an upset by 2 TD's, with MW putting up 35 against the Brenham defense....  Not too sure about that.  I'd be surprised if we give up more than 2 TD's.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1056471" timestamp="1315963334"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=88217.msg1056459#msg1056459 date=1315962688]
Magnolia West at home, if they don't put the ball on the ground, and not get out coached. Humm, I'm gonna go out on a limb and................put that Saw down BrenhamFan!!!!!!!!! and..........say............ Brenham 21 and Magnolia West 35. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wow!  Not only an upset, but an upset by 2 TD's, with MW putting up 35 against the Brenham defense....  Not too sure about that.  I'd be surprised if we give up more than 2 TD's.
[/quote]
You maybe right, but it could be an upset, if the cubs don't come ready to play. This is a dangerous team to play right now if they take care of the ball. I also like their offensive line. This team lacks speed, but they play with a lot of heart.  They maybe the 2nd best team in your district, after Brenham. 

[quote name="Trocket" post="1056486" timestamp="1315964919"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=88217.msg1056471#msg1056471 date=1315963334]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You maybe right, but it could be an upset, if the cubs don't come ready to play. This is a dangerous team to play right now if they take care of the ball. I also like their offensive line. This team lacks speed, but they play with a lot of heart.  They maybe the 2nd best team in your district, after Brenham.
[/quote]

It looks like a 3 horse race at the moment, but Stratford could jump in too.  Some big games to open district in 2 weeks.  All 4 of those teams going at it.

Brenham @ Magnolia West
Montgomery @ Stratford

I agree, MW is a very dangerous team, but I don't see Brenham underestimating them.  From what i've seen, Bell is a good coach, and they also have a pretty good safety, in addition to that HB.  I hope they can get settled back in their homes before we play.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1056506" timestamp="1315965993"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=88217.msg1056486#msg1056486 date=1315964919]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=88217.msg1056471#msg1056471 date=1315963334]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

It looks like a 3 horse race at the moment, but Stratford could jump in too.  Some big games to open district in 2 weeks.  All 4 of those teams going at it.

Brenham @ Magnolia West
Montgomery @ Stratford

I agree, MW is a very dangerous team, but I don't see Brenham underestimating them.  From what i've seen, Bell is a good coach, and they also have a pretty good safety, in addition to that HB.  I hope they can get settled back in their homes before we play.
[/quote]
Yes, I hope they get settled back as well, many prayers sent up for them. Their kids played Willis with a lot of pride and emotions, I was amazed at how they played that night. They have good coaching but everyone knows how good of coaches you all have, there will be no room for error. Should be a great game might end up there myself but the mighty PNG is coming to Town. So enjoy the game, I'll be hanging out there on the limb!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)8)   

Looks like both teams have a bye week to get ready for it.  I would say that West is capable of pulling the upset here, but only if they do not turn the ball over.  I would certainly expect a much closer score than last year's blowout.  I'll go with Brenham 24-17. 

I can't stand the sight of the Brenham Cubs! I am from Waller so Brenhamfan knows what I mean.  The cubs always put a good squad on the field and I have to respect that.I think the cubs are on a mission this year and will be hard to slow down.West has improved every season , but I really don't think they can handle Brenham.
Malcom Brown is a beast and the rest of the d is right behind him.Brenham 35-7! 8)

[quote name="Dawgs08" post="1056756" timestamp="1316017042"]
I can't stand the sight of the Brenham Cubs! I am from Waller so Brenhamfan knows what I mean.  The cubs always put a good squad on the field and I have to respect that.I think the cubs are on a mission this year and will be hard to slow down.West has improved every season , but I really don't think they can handle Brenham.
Malcom Brown is a beast and the rest of the d is right behind him.Brenham 35-7! 8)
[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean!  While we do respect Waller, we can't stand them either....  Looking forward to the game this year.

[b][color=green]Brenham[/color][/b]  [b][color=maroon]Magnolia[/color] [color=yellow]West[/color][/b]
[b]QB[/b]          Advantage
[b]HB[/b]                                Advantage
[b]WR[/b]          Advantage
[b]OL[/b]          Advantage
[b]DL[/b]          Advantage
[b]LB[/b]          Advantage
[b]DB[/b]                        Push
[b]ST[/b]                                Advantage
[b]Coaching[/b] Advantage

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online