Almost 1,000 yards rushing

STINGER

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="SlickWick" post="1062582" timestamp="1316706077"]
In my opinion this kid is overrated, he has played three teams that if they were combined wld probably rate 6 or lower on a scale of 1-10. When he plays someone good they gonna bust em in the mouth and everyone will find out that hes overated
[/quote]

That's why it's your opinion. Nobody said you had to like him. Welcome to the board new poster.

[quote name="SlickWick" post="1062582" timestamp="1316706077"]
In my opinion this kid is overrated, he has played three teams that if they were combined wld probably rate 6 or lower on a scale of 1-10. When he plays someone good they gonna bust em in the mouth and everyone will find out that hes overated
[/quote]

Im telling you,  I didnt get into all the hype etiher.....but you see him in person and you'll change your mind. Yes i agree, hemphill's opponets have been fairly weak. He might not have quite as much success against better defenses. But consider whos blocking for him. No knock on hemphill they do a good job and play hard for 4 quarters. But i promise you his o line isnt making his stats for him. they havent just overpowered every d-line theyve faced. Almost every play twine drops back and then finds a hole and scrambles, or takes the snap and outruns everyone to the sideline. And everyone knows its coming. You just cant stop it. His yards are hard earned (although he makes it look ridiculously easy) If he was in 4 or 5a, youd still be reading about him on this site. Not to mention hes tough as nails and has to be the most in-shape player around. Had 95% of carries all 4 quarters, never once slowed down, never once got up slow. Kid is a player. my hats off to em

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1062446" timestamp="1316692999"]
This kid is amazing but if u think hes good on the football field go watch him play baseball u will have 5 or 6 MLB recruites there they all are wanting this kid he will be number 1 draft pick in baseball out of high school his mom says he plays football to keep in shape
[/quote]

Heard that his baseball coach from the Houston Banditos, Ray DeLeon, said he was ranked 12th in the country for the 2014 baseball recruits. Great program they have down there for working with serious baseball players.

I think what really gets my attention with the comments on this board is the respect he has gotten from his opponents. West Sabine, Joaquin, Buna, and even the Garrison fans are saying nothing that could be construed as badmouthing Justin. Buna and Garrison beat us, Garrison pretty handily, but there's been nothing but praise and respect for this young man. That shows a lot of class from the fans, but also validates that he is something special. Of course, he's only a sophomore and the wheels could come off tomorrow, but I don't think so. I'm just looking forward to the rest of this year, and the next two.

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="rlsmith1975" post="1062865" timestamp="1316738915"]
I think what really gets my attention with the comments on this board is the respect he has gotten from his opponents. West Sabine, Joaquin, Buna, and even the Garrison fans are saying nothing that could be construed as badmouthing Justin. Buna and Garrison beat us, Garrison pretty handily, but there's been nothing but praise and respect for this young man. That shows a lot of class from the fans, but also validates that he is something special. Of course, he's only a sophomore and the wheels could come off tomorrow, but I don't think so. I'm just looking forward to the rest of this year, and the next two.

Nice post.
[/quote]

[quote name="rlsmith1975" post="1062865" timestamp="1316738915"]
[/quote]

This kid came into Buna a played his heart out.He is an amazing athlete and has a bright future ahead of him. We never expected him to get almost 500 rushing yards against us but seeing is believing. Hemphills playbook revolves around this kid so lets hope he can stay healthy over the next few years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder