Guest octfeb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="2% Milk" post="1050988" timestamp="1315357147"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=87802.msg1050801#msg1050801 date=1315340549]
i dont even understand why that sign was raised. Unless it was some type of inside joke, what in the heck does it mean? In my opinion, it was meant to be taken BOTH ways. Pretty crappy if it was.
[/quote]u mad bro?
[/quote]

nah, I aint mad.  lol!!

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="1050672" timestamp="1315331225"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87802.msg1050644#msg1050644 date=1315330390]
That may actually be taken racial in that context...  at a football game.  Was this other team majority or all African American?  If so, and if this other team was majority or all non African American, no doubt, it's racial.  Now, I get that all the time.  People say 'bro' all the time.  I don't take offense to it.  You talk on the phone to people that you've never met and you may not sound like the typial 'white' guy, they assume you are a Black guy.  They'll call you bro to let you know that they know that you are Black, which does not bother me the least bit.  Back to the subject at hand.  If a team that just beat my Jags (Central is majority African American boys) and that other team was a mainly white team, that would rub me and probably most of the comunity the wrong way simply because of the specific situation.  the point is that it's certain situations that determines this, IMHO.
[/quote]
But Soulja--I grew up in a majority Cajun community in Lafayette LA. back in the 60's.  Every body was "bro" then.  I kind of wish we could think that way once again without being offensive.  Also, why does a particular race get to decide when a certain term is to be considered racial?
[/quote]

Wouldn't that be Breaux ?  ;D

Christian, Pirate, Texan, American. In that order (except for maybe the Pirate part). That's what Dr. King preached (the content of a man's heart) and not some kinda hyphenated American. Period. Coug21, people like you make me sick to my stomach; racism dies when we all stop being racist and calling out people for past history they didn't participate in, etc. That's a cheap shot and one of the reasons I quit posting a few years back. YOU ARE THE RACIST.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1051379" timestamp="1315419124"]
Christian, Pirate, Texan, American. In that order (except for maybe the Pirate part). That's what Dr. King preached (the content of a man's heart) and not some kinda hyphenated American. Period. Coug21, people like you make me sick to my stomach; racism dies when we all stop being racist and calling out people for past history they didn't participate in, etc. That's a cheap shot and one of the reasons I quit posting a few years back. YOU ARE THE RACIST.
[/quote]
Your point was all fine until you blew it with your last sentence.  Name calling, with emphasis in all caps does not show nor express any desire for the solution Dr. King was hoping for.  In fact, the last sentence should not be used with a reference to the DR.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1051476" timestamp="1315426637"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=87802.msg1051473#msg1051473 date=1315426392]
Could someone please provide me a list of words I cannot speak as a white male? Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

I just hope you don't speak as a white Female.... ;D ;D >>>>JK
[/quote]

;D Just trying to be as ridiculous as this subject. It is just amazing what people or offended by these days.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1051480" timestamp="1315426915"]
We're not saying anything about words that you cannot say.  It's about the appropriate or inappropriate thing like that plastered on a football game banner.  I get 'Bro' all the time.  I think nothing of it.
[/quote].

Good taste? Probably not. Racial? I highly doubt it. Was it such a big deal that the national media and the NAACP needed to get involved? Absolutely not?

[quote name="akifan94" post="1051473" timestamp="1315426392"]
Could someone please provide me a list of words I cannot speak as a white male? Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Me too.  Also - please distinguish which words I am "allowed" to sing when singing along to the radio. 

[quote name="akifan94" post="1051483" timestamp="1315427018"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87802.msg1051480#msg1051480 date=1315426915]
We're not saying anything about words that you cannot say.  It's about the appropriate or inappropriate thing like that plastered on a football game banner.  I get 'Bro' all the time.  I think nothing of it.
[/quote].

Good taste? Probably not. Racial? I highly doubt it.
[b]Was it such a big deal that the national media and the NAACP needed to get involved? Absolutely not?[/b]
[/quote] Thats what I was saying... Why does it have to grab even local media attention. it offended some, I get that.. could have and [b]should have[/b] been handled between the districts

[quote name="robanadana" post="1051379" timestamp="1315419124"]
[/quote]I am the racist... hmm i seriously doubt that one, you have no clue what race i am or what i have been through, seen, or if i have had any experiences in whatever town recently, so before you claim that your town has changed, take a walk in the other man's shoes, when i stepped out of my vehicle last week in vidor nobody yelled racial slurs or threatened me... you're right that changed, but the cold looks and stares from the majority of the people you pass there still give you the impression that you aren't welcome. I hope what VPirate says he would do is true, but you cant speak for the rest of your town as a whole... seeing as everybody believes different. As I said earlier these people got angry over something little and it shouldnt have made the news regarding racism unless its the act was clear racism, or one of the towns involved has a history of racism. Dont get mad bro, its just an opinion. ツ

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1051329" timestamp="1315414598"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=87802.msg1050672#msg1050672 date=1315331225]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87802.msg1050644#msg1050644 date=1315330390]
That may actually be taken racial in that context...  at a football game.  Was this other team majority or all African American?  If so, and if this other team was majority or all non African American, no doubt, it's racial.  Now, I get that all the time.  People say 'bro' all the time.  I don't take offense to it.  You talk on the phone to people that you've never met and you may not sound like the typial 'white' guy, they assume you are a Black guy.  They'll call you bro to let you know that they know that you are Black, which does not bother me the least bit.  Back to the subject at hand.  If a team that just beat my Jags (Central is majority African American boys) and that other team was a mainly white team, that would rub me and probably most of the comunity the wrong way simply because of the specific situation.  the point is that it's certain situations that determines this, IMHO.
[/quote]
But Soulja--I grew up in a majority Cajun community in Lafayette LA. back in the 60's.  Every body was "bro" then.  I kind of wish we could think that way once again without being offensive.  Also, why does a particular race get to decide when a certain term is to be considered racial?
[/quote]

[b]Wouldn't that be Breaux ?  ;D
[/quote][/b]

lol.....I guess that depends on what side of the Sabine you come from........ ;)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1051489" timestamp="1315427477"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=87802.msg1051483#msg1051483 date=1315427018]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87802.msg1051480#msg1051480 date=1315426915]
[/quote].

[b]Was it such a big deal that the national media and the NAACP needed to get involved? Absolutely not?[/b]
[/quote] Thats what I was saying... Why does it have to grab even local media attention. it offended some, I get that.. [b]could have and [b]should have[/b] been handled between the districts[/b]
[/quote]I completely agree!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1051514" timestamp="1315429100"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=87802.msg1051489#msg1051489 date=1315427477]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=87802.msg1051483#msg1051483 date=1315427018]
[/quote].

[/quote] Thats what I was saying... Why does it have to grab even local media attention. it offended some, I get that.. [b]could have and [b]should have[/b] been handled between the districts[/b]
[/quote]I completely agree!
[/quote]

I also agree ...First sensible solution I have read..  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder