SILSBEE vs. CLEVELAND Broadcast/ SILSBEE WINS 42-14!!

Most Houston school games require metal detectors. Cleveland is not as safe as it use to be or was it ever safe. I remember a big brawl in 98 during a basketball game. Most of their fans were ejected and 3 players kicked off for the year. Started when a Indian player sucker punched a Tiger player.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its sad when you have to go through a metal detector, to enter a school event. I hope and pray that Silsbee never has todo that. just goes to show where our country is headed. Just makes you appreciate home people. We may not all get along, but we know how to be civil.

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting from Cleveland fans. If you were looking for nice game Silsbee then,"nice game Silsbee." The game was better and more competative than the final score indicates. I think Indian play calling was a little questionable in the second half, but that's not why Cleveland lost. Silsbee was the better team for now. I hope we have an opportunity to hook up again in a couple of months. The Indians are very young. They start 8 sophmores total(6 of those on defense). Due to an injury, that number went to 7 on defense in the second half. The offense is new and is a work in progress. I like the direction the Indians are headed and I'm still optomistic about there season. I thought Silsbee played hard and represented themselves well. I'll exclude Gaines from that. He's in need of some sportsmanship classes. Talent is all it takes, leave the attitude on the bus son. Good luck the rest of the way Tigers.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1049174" timestamp="1315145365"]
I'm not sure what you guys are expecting from Cleveland fans. If you were looking for nice game Silsbee then,"nice game Silsbee." The game was better and more competative than the final score indicates. I think Indian play calling was a little questionable in the second half, but that's not why Cleveland lost. Silsbee was the better team for now. I hope we have an opportunity to hook up again in a couple of months. The Indians are very young. They start 8 sophmores total(6 of those on defense). Due to an injury, that number went to 7 on defense in the second half. The offense is new and is a work in progress. I like the direction the Indians are headed and I'm still optomistic about there season. I thought Silsbee played hard and represented themselves well. I'll exclude Gaines from that. He's in need of some sportsmanship classes. Talent is all it takes, leave the attitude on the bus son. Good luck the rest of the way Tigers.
[/quote]

WOW, an cleveland indian calling out [b]anyone[/b] on sportsmanship. I'm with you BADSANTA about looking for an example of sportsmanship. It's about like an aggie football player having an burnt orange jursey on. Leave the attitude on the bus, please.

[/quote]
The game I saw....I was just waiting for Silsbee to exploud.  And they did in the Second half.  Every Senior, Jr., and all of our many Sophmores got it going.  I would say it was because of the bravato of the Seniors.  Bravato..... yes. Unsportsman like....no. 

Gaines? The only thing I saw, was that Gaines flat out played his heart out when called to do so.  The way he took an interception away from the Cleveland player.......that was bravato in action.  A spark of energy that teams feed off of.

I was glad to see that they didnt lay down and cry like other teams out there.  They give back what is given to them.......and they did it by their performance.

[/quote]Sence you bring up dirty play and nobody brought it up till this point. Dont talk dirt till you clean your own house. Cleveland played like a bunch of thugs. I saw way to much of the dirty play going on. Thats un called for and untill cleveland starts playng like football players instead of thugs you will never have a competitive team. And thats the reason you have metal detectors at your field

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting from Cleveland fans. If you were looking for nice game Silsbee then,"nice game Silsbee." [b]The game was better and more competative than the final score indicates.[/b] I think Indian play calling was a little questionable in the second half, but that's not why Cleveland lost. Silsbee was the better team for now. I hope we have an opportunity to hook up again in a couple of months. The Indians are very young. They start 8 sophmores total(6 of those on defense). Due to an injury, that number went to 7 on defense in the second half. The offense is new and is a work in progress. I like the direction the Indians are headed and I'm still optomistic about there season. I thought Silsbee played hard and represented themselves well. I'll exclude Gaines from that. He's in need of some sportsmanship classes. Talent is all it takes, leave the attitude on the bus son. Good luck the rest of the way Tigers.
[/quote]

"The game was better and more competitive than the final score indicated?" ???

How you figure? Even when the score was tied at the half, 14-14, Silsbee had twice the amount of total yardage, 187-98. It was just a matter of time (and it happened in the 3rd) when Silsbee would start dominating this game. Silsbee blanks Cleveland in the 2nd half, 28-0, out gaining them 266-75 in total yardage, ending with a 453-173 total yard advantage.

It was quite clear (even in the 1st half) who was the better team. The team that won 42-14 and has won 26 out of the 33 games between these two teams.

Yet, some delusional Cleveland fans see this as a close game. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1048641" timestamp="1315075132"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=87561.msg1048629#msg1048629 date=1315073740]
Cleveland fans have officially left the forum! Silsbee will get another test next week against a [b]good[/b] Lumberton team. Over the last 10 years, Lumberton has matched up well vs the Tigers.
[/quote]

Correction, average Lumberton team.
[/quote]
Unfortunately for Lumberton, I think you are correct. Lumberton looking for a tough 1st home game against the Tigers.

Cleveland has always been thuggish! They rather fight than play ball! Bad attitudes from fans, players, and parents run that community. It's been that way for the past 20 years. If you beat them, you better run for the hills because they will be ready for a fight. A bunch of sorry sore losers. I blame the parents and coaches for letting these kind of poor character kids on the field. Is this all the community has to offer. Surely not! if you look for sportsmanship, Silsbee's not perfect but a better model than Cleveland!

I couldn't agree more with perception and opinions shared by many on Cleveland's lack of sportsmanship and history. I hold all our kids to the same standards applied in my post. There has been a lot of progress made in this area, but we still have a ways to go. The only difference is I can do it face to face with our kids. The thing I love about Silsbee fans is how easily provoked you can be. It's hilairious. The website really should be called "Silsbee Home Cooking.Com". You guys are so miopic at times.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="indian15/16" post="1049876" timestamp="1315238555"]
I couldn't agree more with perception and opinions shared by many on Cleveland's lack of sportsmanship and history. I hold all our kids to the same standards applied in my post. There has been a lot of progress made in this area, but we still have a ways to go. The only difference is I can do it face to face with our kids. The thing I love about Silsbee fans is how easily provoked you can be. It's hilairious. The website really should be called "Silsbee Home Cooking.Com". You guys are so [i][b]miopic[/b][/i] at times.
[/quote]

Wow, indian 15/16 - how long you been waiting to use that word.  Next time try spell check and get myopic.  You got your butts beat in your house and you know it should have been worse.  What's your
point with this post?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1049916" timestamp="1315246044"]
Tiger voice I'm surprised this guy thought this game would be close? The final score will be even worst next year. This Silsbee team is full of sophomores and juniors. Next year it could be 76-14!
[/quote]

If they even play each other next year. Realignment is this February, so the next two year schedules could be vastly different.

Hats off to Silsbee, they have an explosive offense and should be able to make a run for the district chamionship.  CLeveland hung in there very well in the first half but a couple of big plays and a few hundred mistackles broke their spirit and allowed a better silsbee team to open in it up.  As far as sportsman ship I just remember 10 getting hit by 6 in the enzone as he catches a td and then threw the ball at him.  Other than that I thought both teams played fine, with or without metal detectors,lol...who knows why but who cares honestly..its for safety right?  I dont think the play calling should be questioned but i think that certain personel should be. But that's my only spat on the coaching.  They lost 5 coaches last year and are doing a remarkable job with all those so called thugs, gangsters, and criminals that everyone on here is always so quick to point out. Good luck to Silsbee againts Lumberton and lets GO INDIANS againt Brookshire!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1050187" timestamp="1315270726"]
Here are some non district thoughts for Silsbee next year. Central,  LCM, Waller, PNG, and Sealy. If this talent stays together and jells together this kind of competition will have them ready for district and the playoffs.
[/quote]

If Silsbee stays in the same 6 team 21-3A district (which would give them 5 non district games) you can bet that they will keep Jasper, Lumberton and Newton. I see them dropping The HISD schools and Cleveland. I could see them playing LCM but not the other four you mention.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1049453" timestamp="1315173597"]
Cleveland has always been thuggish! They rather fight than play ball! Bad attitudes from fans, players, and parents run that community. It's been that way for the past 20 years. If you beat them, you better run for the hills because they will be ready for a fight. A bunch of sorry sore losers. I blame the parents and coaches for letting these kind of poor character kids on the field. Is this all the community has to offer. Surely not! if you look for sportsmanship, Silsbee's not perfect but a better model than Cleveland!
[/quote]

It takes a big man to sit behind a computer screen and talk about kids like this...  Now this post really shows how classy Silsbee is, as far as being a role model, you sir, ARE NOT ONE APPARENTLY.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami