Overall District 22-3A         
W  L
Huffman Hargrave      1  0
Cleveland                    1  0
Coldspring-Oakhurst    1  0
Shepherd                    0  1
Splendora                  0  1
Cleveland Tarkington  0  1

Well with the new season here we at Huffman were aware that the loss of 22 seniors and the hole left by Cole DeBerry was of much concern. But with the addition of Preston Townley and the strength the Def has shown we look for a promising season.
Coldspring score against Kirbyville shows they are definitley one of the top teams in 3a and the season could be very fun and interesting for all
Good luck to all ....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The four teams that won out of the district last night will be the ones vying for the playoff spots.  Coldspring should be the top team.  We looked pretty good last night.  Still some work to be done with the o-line.  Defense is as tough as I have seen them.  A good test for us will be in a couple of weeks against Crockett.  Huffman, Cleveland, and Liberty will battle for the other two spots.

Guest trigger21
[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1042815" timestamp="1314489155"]
I still have it,
  1) Coldspring
  2) Huffman
  3) Cleveland
Liberty will have to prove me wrong.A spanking of Hardin doesnt do that.
[/quote]

I'm not sure HJ is much better than Hardin either but to early. I wish Mac would play some better teams bc what good is it come playoff time? Put at least one or two teams that will give you a game.

I will agree I wish Mac would play a little of the 4a high end teams, since it seems we are distand for a re alignment that pairs us with some currant 4a teams. I like the fact that coldsprings always starts with Kirbyville That gives them a true since on where they are.

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1042570" timestamp="1314461144"]

mwm4795
Freshman

22-3a football

« on: Today at 10:42:46 AM »

Modify

District 22-3A football-2011
Overall District 22-3A         
W  L
Huffman Hargrave      1  0
Cleveland                    1  0
Coldspring-Oakhurst    1  0
Shepherd                    0  1
Splendora                  0  1
Cleveland Tarkington  0  1

Well with the new season here we at Huffman were aware that the loss of 22 seniors and the hole left by Cole DeBerry was of much concern. But with the addition of Preston Townley and the strength the Def has shown we look for a promising season.
Coldspring score against Kirbyville shows they are definitley one of the top teams in 3a and the season could be very fun and interesting for all
Good luck to all ....
[/quote]

did you purposely leave liberty out?

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1042615" timestamp="1314464061"]
The four teams that won out of the district last night will be the ones vying for the playoff spots.  Coldspring should be the top team.  We looked pretty good last night.  Still some work to be done with the o-line.  Defense is as tough as I have seen them.  A good test for us will be in a couple of weeks against Crockett.  Huffman, Cleveland, and Liberty will battle for the other two spots.
[/quote]

with their star ced reed leaving for UT (even with him they had a horrible record) why is cleveland even in the discussion? curious..

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1042815" timestamp="1314489155"]
I still have it,
  1) Coldspring
  2) Huffman
  3) Cleveland
Liberty will have to prove me wrong.A spanking of Hardin doesnt do that.
[/quote]

cleveland losses the ross' and reed and liberty "spanked" them last year so please explain your logic.. and i agree the whoppin hardin doesn't mean a lot, but holdin any team scoreless actually says a lot imo

Yes Cleveland lost a few players, HOWEVER, Cleveland has a better squad this year then they have had in years, Cleveland has had to over come quite a few problems over the last few years but let me tell you, this group of boys are young and ready to play some hard core football, Friday nights game was surprising to alot of people, these boys walked all over Caney Creek like they were a 2a school, so dont count Cleveland out just because of our record last year.......  GO INDIANS GO

[quote name="C-TOWN" post="1043376" timestamp="1314558691"]
Yes Cleveland lost a few players, HOWEVER, Cleveland has a better squad this year then they have had in years, Cleveland has had to over come quite a few problems over the last few years but let me tell you, this group of boys are young and ready to play some hard core football, Friday nights game was surprising to alot of people, these boys walked all over Caney Creek like they were a 2a school, so dont count Cleveland out just because of our record last year.......  GO INDIANS GO
[/quote]

caney creek was 5-5 last year with a qb that completed less than 50% of his passes and their best player, sykes (1200 yds rushing last year) graduated.. so i don't think that win says much.. imo

[quote name="dodiej" post="1043391" timestamp="1314559747"]
[quote author=C-TOWN link=topic=87281.msg1043376#msg1043376 date=1314558691]
[/quote]

caney creek was 5-5 last year with a qb that completed less than 50% of his passes and their best player, sykes (1200 yds rushing last year) graduated.. so i don't think that win says much.. imo
[/quote]

[quote name="Jack E Moon" post="1043513" timestamp="1314572273"]
I agree that Coldsprings will be top in district.  Would sure like to see Huffman take the second spot, which says a lot for the new QB and the coaching staff after losing some good players.  Don't think Liberty will be in the hunt for long.
[/quote]

you mean the 11-27 vs hj (terrible hj) qb.. ok, good luck  ;D

[quote name="paintballove" post="1043501" timestamp="1314571572"]
[quote author=dodiej link=topic=87281.msg1043413#msg1043413 date=1314562194]
got ya.. long as they don't beat liberty and do beat huffman i wish them all the best.. lol  :o
[/quote]

grrrr.  >:(
[/quote]

haha.. the huffman fans i've ran across on here wanted to go to war for some reason so i'm rooting against for this season and beyond.

By hanging with Kingwood Park do you mean surviving? Cleveland didnt move the football and started acting like the Cleveland of old, undisciplined and committing what would be several personal fouls.

Coldspring is no doubt the powerhouse, but Cleveland or Liberty wont be able to handle Huffman's defense or Darian Grey. Hardin, Hardin Jefferson and Caney Creek are three weak opponents, and even tougher to compare being 2A, 3A and 4A, but this week should tell a lot. Liberty gets to attempt to avenge a loss against Huntington, can't believe I'm saying that, Huffman has Houston Kashmere who scored 20 something on Sealy and Cleveland will get strummed by Silsbee. You guys are trying to make this district more interesting than what it actually is.

[quote name="GoCoogs61" post="1043625" timestamp="1314582448"]
By hanging with Kingwood Park do you mean surviving? Cleveland didnt move the football and started acting like the Cleveland of old, undisciplined and committing what would be several personal fouls.

Coldspring is no doubt the powerhouse, but Cleveland or Liberty wont be able to handle Huffman's defense or Darian Grey. Hardin, Hardin Jefferson and Caney Creek are three weak opponents, and even tougher to compare being 2A, 3A and 4A, but this week should tell a lot. Liberty gets to attempt to avenge a loss against Huntington, can't believe I'm saying that, Huffman has Houston Kashmere who scored 20 something on Sealy and Cleveland will get strummed by Silsbee. You guys are trying to make this district more interesting than what it actually is.
[/quote]

willing to bet you haven't even seen the teams that are being fielded this year yet you're saying who can't do what.. we value that opinion..

Liberty was not left out on purpus and Cleavland does seem to show promis.
I thank we all know Cold spring is probley a shoe in and as much as i hate to admit it I beleave the other 2 spots are between Cleveland , huffman and Liberty for the taking
I have:
Coldspring
Liberty
Huffman

It's going to be interesting to see how Huffman fairs next week, this week obviously won't tell the outcomes of the Cleveland vs Liberty or Liberty vs Huffman or Huffman vs Cleveland game but it's going to give us a little more information as to how good these 3 teams actually are, Liberty has the weaker opponent so a blowout would match wins by Huffman and Cleveland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder