WO-S 60 Liberty 0 Final/Comments

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelingBandsman

I would love to see Liberty get a lot better one year. Dayton and Liberty have such a close relationship, it'd be cool if one year it was both of us through the playoffs.

As far as the score, WO-S is going into a likely matchup against their toughest opponent of the year. If nothing else, this was an opportunity to keep our guys warm for a big game. There is no room for mercy or playing nice in the playoffs. No offense, but the Stangs were up against a team that should not have been in the playoffs - but that's a subject for a thread on whether three teams in the playoffs waters down the system. I realize that it's harsh to say, but honestly - if you don't want to lose that badly, don't suck. Stop us. We are about to go into a game against a team ranked higher than us with an undefeated record and wins over several great teams. We need to be sharp. If it hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. Your kids showed a lot of class and hopefully understood that laying on the ball for a half is not the way to get ready for a run at the state title.

If you don't want a team to run up the score, either stop them or match them. Wimberley put up more than 50 against us last year and no one complained. This is football, not figure skating. I didn't see any of the Liberty players sulking out there. You can't lay on the ball in the playoffs and stay sharp. Preacher, you sound like a whiner. WO-S could have put up 80 if they wanted to. Instead, we elected to get our JV guys some experience. Those weren't backups - they were JV players until this week. If you can't keep a JV team from scoring, you shouldn't be in the playoffs.

P.S. - Our opponent for this week put up 62 on Wharton. We needed every second of playing time we could get for our stars.

Yes alot of J.v players got some playing time and it still looked like all of our Varsity was out there because we didn't miss a beat. Like I said on here before, a lot of our J.v players could have been on Varsity and done well if we didn't have so much talent on Varsity. Hooks doesn't believe in having players on Varsity just watching...he rather put them on J.v where they can get experience running the plays and stay in condition, so when they get on varsity, they're ready. Our running back that scored the touchdown, was our third string running back. On another team this kid could have been a featured back because he's good. There was no running up the score, Wo-s was scoring a touchdown on every possession up until the forth quarter. If they wanted to run the score up, they would have scored on every possession in the forth. They did nothing but running plays and if you have some players who don't get a lot of playing time and J.v players...of course they are gonna try their best to score. How are you gonna ask a player who have been waiting all year to get their opportunity to show the coaches what they could do to kneel on the ball. That's like me going to work every day, busting my behind like everbody else, but because i'm not the star employee they give me a half of check...please.

There are too many whiners on here. Go whine on another thread. This is WOS football. We are a GREAT team. We WILL win and we will win with class. If a defense cant stop our jv guys, then oh well. If you notice, none of the winning and tradition ritch teams like Silsbee, Ned, etc. get on here and whine about our score. Atleast we are in the playoffs. This isnt pre-season or district. We are playing to WIN it ALL.

Thanks for playing though. :roll:

A few weeks ago Bellville made a come back with 6 minutes left in the 4th to cover a 25 point spread against Caldwell and won the game. The loss kept Caldwell out of the 3a playoffs. I think the Caldwell coach might be having second thoughts about not running up the score. Like the old saying goes " Winners never quit, and Quitters never Win". Momentum plays a very big role in all sports. Once the momentum of the game changes anything is possible, and it's hard to get it back. WOS has a very talented team this year. They are going to be hard to stop, but it could happen. They have beaten teams, and beaten some badly this season. The fact is, they have held back against some of these teams or it probably would have been alot worse. The playoffs have started, and feeling sorry for your opponent could get you beat. I would love to see the Mustangs go all the way. Keep scoring at will baby!!, and do 21-3a proud!!!!!

I dont see anybody from Liberty on here saying that they ran up the score. If you've got the talent to put up 60, 70, or 100 points on us then do it. As far as I could tell, WOS did just about all they could to not run up the score and I root for Liberty. Just to much of a talent differential between these two teams. I'm just so proud of the Liberty team for not laying down and for being such good sports in this one-sided contest. And as far as WOS, I never saw, or heard of them talking trash or show-boating during the game. They are just an awesome team and anybody that can beat a good 4A team like Dayton the way they did should win state this year.

Guest GoStangs

That's a good post, Wes, and I appreciate it. Likewise, I thought both temas played a good, clean game. Congratulations to Liberty on making the playoffs again, and best of luck next year!

I dont see anybody from Liberty on here saying that they ran up the score. If you've got the talent to put up 60' date=' 70, or 100 points on us then do it. As far as I could tell, WOS did just about all they could to not run up the score and I root for Liberty. Just to much of a talent differential between these two teams. I'm just so proud of the Liberty team for not laying down and for being such good sports in this one-sided contest. And as far as WOS, I never saw, or heard of them talking trash or show-boating during the game. They are just an awesome team and anybody that can beat a good 4A team like Dayton the way they did should win state this year.[/quote']

Exactly my point Wes, I dont see Liberty people on her talking about us running up the score, its just those sore losers. I thought Liberty had a great team and played with tremendous heart. We were just the better team. i am tired of people who are jealous of us take cheap shots at us on random threads. Bye the way, you will NEVER see us showboating....we were taught better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder