Houston astblows.

[quote name="coachdaddy" post="1029668" timestamp="1312056676"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=86145.msg1029662#msg1029662 date=1312055584]
Doesn't really matter to me anymore. I am officially not an Astros fan any longer.
[/quote]

haha you a phillies fan now?
[/quote]

Guess I should be. That's where all our players seem to be going. Really haven't decided on a team just yet. Still reeling from this crapola. Football season is almost here, so I will have something else to do.

Guest beechnut
With the owner coming in rumer has it that GM from Tampa could be here soon. Im upset and swear I wont go out but headed out early next week. They will be back and all teams go through this but this is
THE OWNERS FAULT.

If they do it right, build there farm system and promote, it will take anywhere from 6 to 10 years.  They are off to a nice start by trading Pence.  I realize that the astros fans are upset but Pence would not be there for the glory years anyway.  Get something for him and if they have anybody else, get those guys traded as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beechnut
Out here today and have to say that Altuve and Martinez are impressive. @ least there is some hustle now. C lee is a cancer and lazy pig and hope new owner cans him.

Guest beechnut
I really like the Martinez and Altvue sp kids bc they play hard and are hungry. HOWEVER I do not trust Wade bc of his stupid moves since hes been here. I do like Bobby Heck they scouting director and hope he hangs around. Not sure why its taking so long to give the green light to Crane but something is up on that. MLB wonders why they suck compared to NFL all they have to do is look in the mirror. Their method of business sucks crap and do not trust Bud Selig at all. Hope we get the deal done soon and they clean house and bring in the GM from Tampa Freidman and life will be good.

Apparently not much motivation to get this move done by Houston.. Also, the Rockies are short on prospects and not many pitchers are crazy of the idea at pitching in the Mile high city. It'll be interesting to see what happens.. They have until noon-ish Thursday to get a deal done or he'll remain in Houston through the rest of the year.

Guest beechnut
If the Crane deal falls out wonder who is next in line? I never like Wandy when he came up early but over the last couple of years he grew up. Nothing like watching a left with junk pitch.

Basically the Rockies made sure either they get him or no one does. One thing that better not happen, is they better not pay him to play for someone else, like Oswalt. Either they work out a good deal or pull him back. Personally, you should never trade your pitching away. Prospects or like potential, it just means you haven't done anything yet, and really how many prospects do you need? How about players.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="1039919" timestamp="1314145491"]
Basically the Rockies made sure either they get him or no one does. One thing that better not happen, is they better not pay him to play for someone else, like Oswalt. Either they work out a good deal or pull him back. Personally, you should never trade your pitching away. Prospects or like potential, it just means you haven't done anything yet, and really how many prospects do you need? How about players.
[/quote]

I'm fine either way.. Keep him and he'll be solid down the stretch next year and suck in the beginning like usual. We're not losing a stud, we're losing a 3 or 4 pitcher in most team's rotations. If they can get 2 prospects in return that have what it takes, then we'll see ya later Wandy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin