Need Opinions On Vidor Please!

Guest Pirate V Ball

one of Vidors problems is the fans...i cant tell you how many times i have seen fans leaving the stands before the game is actually over....for example....6:30 left in the game down by 14 and people are filing out of the stands...what does a player think when he turns around and see people are leaving...well i can tell you that i would think...this game is over....instead of hollering D-fense and helping to motivate the team

Why is it ok for nederland to talk about Vidor and not ok the other way around?

He didn't say that you should not post. He was just referring to what I posted next but I think Mike just left it up to the imagination whereas I put it into words as a public service.

one of Vidors problems is the fans...i cant tell you how many times i have seen fans leaving the stands before the game is actually over....for example....6:30 left in the game down by 14 and people are filing out of the stands...what does a player think when he turns around and see people are leaving...well i can tell you that i would think...this game is over....instead of hollering D-fense and helping to motivate the team

I don't think the players really care if fans are leaving or not. And if they are looking into the stands, that may be a problem as well, they should be paying attention to the game. And by the way FBFan made the exact statement that I made before him.

I think players at any level like a strong support from the fans. Maybe you have never seen players turn to a crowd and try to get them pumped up when it is crunch time but I have. I haven't been in high school for a long time so maybe it has changed but I think the players realize when the fans are walking out on them and I do not believe that they have no feelings when it happens.

That goes for teams all the way up to the pros.

Trust me the fans leaving early isn't the reason we are the way we are every year.

I don't think it is either but to say the players don't or shouldn't care is wrong in my opinion. They are not a bunch of unfeeling robots out there. If they were, we should be able to post anything we want about them on these boards since they shouldn't care without any feelings getting hurt. That just isn't the case.

Lots of good points being made.. but I think that a football program has to work as a well oiled machine. I don't see that Vidor has the dedication that the other teams in the district have. The players and coaches have to be fully committed the whole season to the game.. the feel, the smell everything. Maybe they should revert back to the guys carrying around the football all day in school, at home.. I know it sounds random- but it has worked with other teams.. They just need to appreciate the sport. I agree that heart is a major point. Everyone's heard the you saying.. "you've got to want it to win it".. It's true. Nothing comes easily. I agree that the fans don't have that much of an influence on the outcome of the game. Of course teams want and need support, but if they support each other they should be able to play with nobody in the stands.. (ie) practice... during practice the fans aren't there to support them and cheer them on.. Are they performing well in practice? I've never seen them practice but I think it safe to say that they're not giving their all in practice.

All that said- I don't think that anyone should give up on them. I believe with a lot of hard work and a lot of summer ball they should be a pretty strong team. They should just weed out those not actually interested in playing.. and practice hard and play hard..

Vidor will be fine...

Is some of the Pirates problems due to the district they are in? It is tough for anyone to have success with PNG' date=' Nederland, Central, Ozen and now Dayton making up four of your district games. LCM is no slouch and neither is Lumberton. Wins can be hard to come by for anyone[/quote']

Thats an excuse !

Life aint' easy buddy. But we all got to work hard to survive don't we ?

I played at Vidor a few years back and I know the commitment that the coaches and players have. You say football has to be an all year round sport, well trust me it is at Vidor. Every day during the summer, off-season and holidays the kids are up there working out and so are the coaches. I don't think anyone has more heart than Vidor. Like I said before, I don't think that Vidor is playing to win the game. They play not to lose the game instead of going out there and getting the job done right off the bat. Things are in place, just a little different mindset is needed.

This is from the Ned article today:

"Our players expect to be in the playoffs," said Neumann. "The guys who are juniors on this year's team have never known a Nederland team not to be in the playoffs since the year they entered first grade."

Its the expectation of winning that helps a program. It takes a couple of years to get, but then it feeds itself.

Guest bleed orange

Until you get back to the "Old school" of doing things thats the way it is going to be. You say WOS and Newton have athletes, yes they do but their coaches have been coaching the same way for 30 years. That is the key. Parents say nothing and let the coaches do their job. Its not like that at many of the other schools. You can sit here and debate this all you want but until parents let the coaches and teachers do their job nothing will ever change and I don't see that happening ever. It won't happen at Orangefield, I promise. I wish it would. Kids are too soft, today. They rely on their parents getting them out what ever trouble they get in to. All of the liberials in this country have detroyed it. There are no more morals or values in our lifes anymore. We will never recover from the 60's. You cannot blame society on both parents working, mine did and we turned out just fine. Sorry I got off the subject but it has something to do with the topic in general.

Until you get back to the "Old school" of doing things thats the way it is going to be. You say WOS and Newton have athletes' date=' yes they do but their coaches have been coaching the same way for 30 years. That is the key. Parents say nothing and let the coaches do their job. Its not like that at many of the other schools. You can sit here and debate this all you want but until parents let the coaches and teachers do their job nothing will ever change and I don't see that happening ever. It won't happen at Orangefield, I promise. I wish it would. Kids are too soft, today. They rely on their parents getting them out what ever trouble they get in to. All of the liberials in this country have detroyed it. There are no more morals or values in our lifes anymore. We will never recover from the 60's. You cannot blame society on both parents working, mine did and we turned out just fine. Sorry I got off the subject but it has something to do with the topic in general.[/quote']

Good gosh man you should run for PRESIDENT..............You got my vote !

I agree with everything you said except maybe the 60's stuff, although you may be right there too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder