DISTRICT 32 LITTLE LEAGUE TOURNAMENT (12 year old) - CHAMPION, BRIDGE CITY

I'm going off of what the President of our league told Me and was backed up by several other people including a President of another league. Why do you not disqualify them right then? Your story stinks and doesn't make sense. Good try! after the Nederland game, no game played because BC refused to play! Scared of one kid?lol What a joke. It was all about the pitching situation. I'm glad they're making y'all play a game before getting to Groves.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PN used an inelligible player, end of story! The President was notified during the 1st game (a 14-4 blowout in favor of BC) that a mistake had been made and he was certified incorrectly. They chose to continue to let him play and unfortunately, for Vidor, Port Arthur and Nederland, he helped eliminate them.

If BC was scared of this kid, then why would they not have called the other leagues and notified them of the issue? Ridiculous.

They were then given the option of playing the game without the kid on Wednesday night and they refused. In fact, they were told before the game that if he showed up, he would not be allowed to play yet he showed up anyway and PNLL refused to take him off of the roster. PNLL allowed a kid to play in Jr. ball (13 and 14) and make allstars in the Major division, which very clearly is a violation of the rules. MoFo quoted it earlier.

As far as BC not having their ace available...he never toed the rubber against PN the first time so there goes that theory. I feel bad for the PNLL kids because they are having to suffer for adult mistakes.

Nederland is still playing by the way. They play ya'll tomorrow. I've already said it's a sad deal/ My kid isn't on that team. I thought it was handled wrong by a number of people. I still don't think we would be having this conversation if it was told to our league when the President (her words) at the beginning of this baseball season. It was asked by two different people from our board to the DA from Bridge City and they said that he could play up and still be eligible for 12 year old all-stars period. Like I said before, I think I would've gotten a firm answer from Williamsport instead of the District Administrator. It's over and time to move on.

Good luck to Groves 12's and scalp'em!!!

It is sad for all of the kids involved - the kids on the 3 teams that were eliminated and the PN kids who had their season ended short.  But honestly folks, why can't those ADULTS involved take responsibility for their own actions.  Little League International puts out a rule book EVERY year - this is not for show, but contains rules that are expected to be abided by from every chartered league in order for ALL children to have an equal, fair and balanced playing field.  Board members who are elected by a league are expected to review these policies each year and abide by the rules as written.  If a rule that is in black and white (as stated in an earlier post, complete with page numbers) cannot be understood by a board of literate adults, then that league has a problem.  I don't understand why the question was even presented to the District Administrator for clarification for any other reason than not wanting to abide by the rule and expecting to get special treatment.  When the PN league president was presented with the information at the first game between BC and PN, that person should have handled it and not let it get to this point.  Two weeks have passed and the PN league president chose, for whatever reason, to ignore the situation.  Calling BC, BCLL and Board members cheap names and bad sports is only hurting BC kids.  Grown ups, please put this to rest and act your ages.  BCLL is for the kids, about the kids, and most of all - to teach the kids about sportsmanship, honesty and character.  I believe with all of my heart that we have an awesome program with BCLL and Little League International at the core, setting the example for coaches, parents and kids alike. 

[quote name="baseballmom2013" post="1022748" timestamp="1310024086"]
It is sad for all of the kids involved - the kids on the 3 teams that were eliminated and the PN kids who had their season ended short.  But honestly folks, why can't those ADULTS involved take responsibility for their own actions.  Little League International puts out a rule book EVERY year - this is not for show, but contains rules that are expected to be abided by from every chartered league in order for ALL children to have an equal, fair and balanced playing field.  Board members who are elected by a league are expected to review these policies each year and abide by the rules as written.  If a rule that is in black and white (as stated in an earlier post, complete with page numbers) cannot be understood by a board of literate adults, then that league has a problem.  I don't understand why the question was even presented to the District Administrator for clarification for any other reason than not wanting to abide by the rule and expecting to get special treatment.  When the PN league president was presented with the information at the first game between BC and PN, that person should have handled it and not let it get to this point.  Two weeks have passed and the PN league president chose, for whatever reason, to ignore the situation.  Calling BC, BCLL and Board members cheap names and bad sports is only hurting BC kids.  Grown ups, please put this to rest and act your ages.  BCLL is for the kids, about the kids, and most of all - to teach the kids about sportsmanship, honesty and character.  I believe with all of my heart that we have an awesome program with BCLL and Little League International at the core, setting the example for coaches, parents and kids alike. 
[/quote]
Well Said and enough said!

Ispeakjive I agree that LL has some “quirky” rules to say the least. I went to an umpire clinic in Dallas about 6 years ago, and a lot of those rules such as coaches can not warm up pitchers, once dropped from an all star roster player can not return, no jewelry, and even the no rubbing licorice on a ball rule were discussed and the implementation of that rule was shown. (great seminar by the way).

I have 4 boys and all (except my 2year old) play both select and LL. Yes we have community pride. As far as “exposing young players to the best baseball” goes I will say this my middle son’s best friend plays little league, and he will openly tell you he is BY FAR not the best baseball player on the field. Yet these 2 cut up, laugh, have sleep overs, and solve world problems sitting in that dug out side by side. This is something I would not change for the world.

Now on the other hand he plays select also, now the traveling, competitiveness, and overnight hotel stays are a blast, but just not the same. He wants to elevate his game and select baseball is hands down the way to do it.

Now to the point: How can LL international, following a rule written in black and white cause anyone to complain? Was this an adult mistake that will affect the kids? Absolutely! I feel absolutely sure (knowing some of the PNG guys) this was a MISTAKE plain and simple they were not trying to get the edge, and followed what they thought were the proper channels. But in the end the RULE is the RULE, and they will follow it.

Now in select, while much more competitive, I find the rules tend to vary from tourney to tourney, with the Tdirectors given some freedom of manipulation. That is all well and good until you want a Black and White rule enforced. Last year in a 12u SELECT World Series tournament a team shows up with 4 Premier players, now the Nations Rule states a player must be on a roster 12 hours before a tournament. We printed this teams roster and these players where not on it. Well with a couple of phone calls, and a swipe of a pen these players are allowed to play with 100% approval from tourney and Nations directors. Needless to say the walked through the tournament with out a hiccup, so in this case a Rule enforced would have been a welcome thing.

wow...front page of the sports section...impressive. jerry mcginnis says he doesn't recall the discussion at the beginning of the season about playing jr.s during the regular season and still being elligible for 12 yr old all-stars. he takes blame for the mess up at the affidavit meeting, and offers his resignation. i've known jerry through little league for many years. imho i believe he is telling the truth. in no way would he want this negative light shining on district 32. btw...as stated by others, including me earlier, i wouldn't have gone by his word anyway. i would have checked on it myself. there is plenty of blame to go around. if the district loses jerry, it will be worse off for it. it's hard for me to imagine that not one person from p.n. looked this up in the green book.

Poor kids getting hosed over adult mistakes and actions!

Here is a good one...............Groves will win District 32 12 year old Championship and in the end BC will take second place, maybe if they get by the Dogs. So if you think about it PNG will still be on top! Get use to it!!

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1022662" timestamp="1309992381"]
[quote author=ispeakjive link=topic=85190.msg1022658#msg1022658 date=1309991262]
I see that Little League Intl.'s never ending quest to drive more people to select baseball continues.  I understand and respect their rules, but some are so arbitrary and arcane that you can't even tell when some of them have been violated.

At this point, the only reason to play Little League and all-stars is for some misplaced sense of community pride.  If the goal is to expose young players to the best possible baseball, then select is the way to go. 
[/quote]

[glow=red,2,300]In my opinion, "community pride" is a good thing.[/glow][/quote]Yep

Wow!! Really? I have only read a few of the replies on this thread and it disgusts me to read half of this. Is this for the kids or for the adults? Mistakes get made and yes it is very sad for all the players involved, but as adults/parents it is nonsense for all this childish behavior!! What happened is not just ONE persons fault, but several. Things get too heated and way too competitive now days. In the end, it is not going to matter who moves on and represents SE-TX we will all be there cheering them on. Let well enough alone and let the kids enjoy!!

[quote name="baseballmom2013" post="1022748" timestamp="1310024086"]
[/quote]Very Very well said!

[quote name="Cards2016" post="1022841" timestamp="1310055651"]
[quote author=baseballmom2013 link=topic=85190.msg1022748#msg1022748 date=1310024086]
[/quote]Very Very well said!
[/quote]Yes you are correct the rule is there but you didnt add to the fact that she was also told by BC President not to worry about it, she could make some changes and nobody would know. But then the 12 yr olds came back around and he waited until we were suppose to play his league again before anything else was said. Keep in mind he was the ADA at the Port Arthur game where he could of stopped it one more time but choose not to he waited until it came back to BC. So yes she will take the blame but he needs to also. And, for what ever reason why is it ok for BC which is the same guy to go out and recruit 4 16 yr old players who didnt play in little league and think that it is ok to put them on the SR ALL Star team. Well guess what that is in the rule book also. So back at you the board members and President of BC should of known the rules since it is in black and white with page numbers like you said. But guess what they also went to district with the question! But I am sure that they have tried to keep that quite. So looks like both leagues did the same! But yes it will be put to rest! And you are right it is for the kids and I can assure you that those 12 kids are hurt !

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1022579" timestamp="1309974493"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=85190.msg1022577#msg1022577 date=1309974252]
Just got word that Ned will be playing BC tomorrow night in BC.

PN must have been ruled disqualified.
[/quote]no way?? really...that sucks. this should have been caught at the affidavit meeting. that is why you have it...to make sure everything is on the up and up. unless port neches falsified something on the affidavit, this stinks.
[/quote]There was nothing falsified at the meeting the affidavit stated Jr division on it and was brought to there attention. thats why everyone is upset!

[quote name="Cards92" post="1022691" timestamp="1309999040"]
All you people that are bashing BCLL should ask PNLL President why when she was told it was a mistake and not to show back up with him she continued to ignore it. BTW it was caught at the first game where BCLL was whipping them and there was no big deal made of it.  Know the story before you speak. It was a mistake made by all but they were notified early in the tournament and chose to ignore it. Because of the Presidents stupidity now the whole team of 12 y/o boys are disqualified. I think I would be finding me a new President!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]By the way you need to check your story because she was told by your President, and just so happen to be the ADA that night that it would be ok not to worry about it and that she could white it out and change some records! which was ok for the rest of the teams! Also he was the ADA at another one of PNLL games and still didnt say nothing until it was time to play BCLL again. She also got a call from the DA saying that it would be fine so you need to know the story before you post! Sounds like yall need to find another president and the district needs a new ADA.

baseballmom2011, I can assure you I realize how upset you are, and I also realize the heartbreak these kids are feeling. With that said, all of the he knew/she knew stuff does not really matter. The fact is that a rule was broken, and as I said the adults are ABSOLUTELY to blame, but this is a blatent rule violation and would have been caught at some level. Lets say that this gets by at the district level, then gets caught at the sectional or regional level. Guess what now District 32 is not represented at these levels and a team that could have gone such as BC or Ned would not have gotten that chance.

Heck the Bronx got through and won the world Series (we all know the Danny Almante) story. How do you think the teams that were eliminated by the 14 year old pitching "phenom" felt after the realized they could have went further than they did but were stopped short by a rule violation that slipped under the radar?

As youth Board Members our job is to do one thing: Protect the Kids we Govern. These kids were let down on what appears to be several levels, and it also seems that everyone involved knew there was a fly in the ointment and just continued looking for the answers they WANTED to hear and not the truth. It took me about 5 minutes of research to find the page in the Green Book that the black and white rule was printed on.

It should have been dealt with at the affadavit meeting.........the ADA should have paid attention to what was going on..........PN should have read the rule book..............sounds like you all are part of the problem.

BC is just catching alot of heat because the ADA is from there and this all looks fishy. Im sorry but everyone from the area knows the favortism that goes on with that League. Its pretty sad during several games I witnessed the umps and BC coaches ass grabbing in between innings and also cutting up with folks in the stands. Its getting pretty old! Why cause BC has nice fields and some good food at the concession stands....lol!! Cause talent wise.........there is tough competition in this whole district from every city.......and its just gonna get tougher.

If folks are going to resign cause of this situation, so be it it will only help the rest of the District! And honestly I hope the next time a question comes up and is brought to our ADA he opens that green book and gives the correct answer, this would never be the case if that would have happened......sorry kid you got screwed cause Im Mr No It All!!

Good luck GNLL!!! Yall Got This!!!

Stretch, just to play devil's advocate. How come the PN Pres did not tell the 12 year old's parents at the beginning of the season that if he plays up in Jr Division he will not be allowed to play on the 12 All Star team????? I mean it is a situation that probably does not present itself every year. Why didn't the parents look into it? Why didn't anyone on PNG board look into it prior to letting the kid shoot his chances of playing on the Major team?  Why didn't the kid opt to play on the 13 year old select team?

There are a lot of questions here, but it seems it is easier to place the blame on the BCLL. I mean really, do you think BCLL is the teachers pet because PN is getting called on a MAJOR rule infraction? I mean this is not a coach leaving the dugout to pee infraction this is a absolute no no infraction. Like I said before I feel sure that some on PNLL board knew that this was not legal yet chose to look the other way.

My family has been a part of the West End LL for about 8 years now, we have looked into possibly moving to another area that is close by but not within WELL boundry map. I was told by our Pres, and DA that my family is grandfathered into WELL as long as we had continious participation so I felt pretty comfortable, yet I still put a call into Williamsport to confirm it. Took about 30 minutes but I have absolute confirmation that we can remain in the WELL program from the very top.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317