MLB Draft Tonight

This mock draft has Jungmann going #12 to the Brewers.  Hopefully the Astros will take him with the 11th pick if he's still there.  I would rather a proven college pitcher over a HS SS.

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft-2011

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1016886" timestamp="1307405466"]
A CF'er? Maybe those Pence trade rumors are true.
[/quote]

You're looking at 2 years minimum, more than likely 3-4 years before this kid ever dons an Astros uniform... One guy at least will need to be replaced by then. And Lee will be [b]long[/b] gone lol

And I think they regret Jungmann right away. He's a guy like Stephen or Mike Leake that will spend very little time in the Bus leagues..Astros that is.

Guest UHCoog14
The point is that when you draft a position player it's based on future needs and not immediate impact. They have guys in the minors to replace Pence, however, you have to keep your farm system stocked.

Lee needs to go, but who would take him?

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1016904" timestamp="1307410412"]
The point is that when you draft a position player it's based on future needs and not immediate impact. They have guys in the minors to replace Pence, however, you have to keep your farm system stocked.

Lee needs to go, but who would take him?
[/quote]

Someone who won't have to pay more than $3 Mill to sign him to a one year deal in 2012 when his contract ends lol

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1016988" timestamp="1307465547"]
Gabby from Crosby goes in 2nd round (78th pick) to Toronto. BYE BYE Lamar.
[/quote]

Very impressive!  I knew he would be drafted, but I didn't see it coming this early.  Congratulations to that young man!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1017000" timestamp="1307467778"]
Wow Gabby! Had no clue he was that good!
[/quote]

I'm with you on this, but then again, we're not scouts.  Lol.  They obviously see a lot in him, and that's very impressive to go as the 78th pick.

Guest UHCoog14
Matt Purke is taken with the 98th pick. What are the odds he stays at TCU and trys to up his stock after a "down" year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: ForeverADog on Today at 12:31:26 PM
Wow Gabby! Had no clue he was that good!

I'm with you on this, but then again, we're not scouts.  Lol.  They obviously see a lot in him, and that's very impressive to go as the 78th pick.

« Last Edit: Today at 12:45:38 PM by BrenhamFan » 

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=14pt][color=red]He is good, marketible, and has alot of room for growth.  Great job!!!!!!!  Gabby. [/color] [/size] [/font] 

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1017003" timestamp="1307468538"]
Matt Purke is taken with the 98th pick. What are the odds he stays at TCU and trys to up his stock after a "down" year?
[/quote]

I'm suprised he went that late after the year he had last year.  If he could have come out last year then he would have been an early 1st round pick.  I talked to one of my friends that played against him a few times this year, and he said Purke didn't seem that interested in being there.  He sat on the end of the bench by himself when he wasn't pitching and didn't seem to be part of the team.  He may take whatever money he gets and go pro.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin