Former Dayton star QB Green leaving Nebraska

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="octfeb" post="1017583" timestamp="1307714142"]
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Could-former-Nebraska-QB-Cody-Green-end-up-at-Bo?urn=ncaaf-wp1983
[/quote]

I don't have any inside info, but I bet he comes back to Texas.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="1017847" timestamp="1307811322"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=84700.msg1016312#msg1016312 date=1307192430]
The comments sure were negative on Green.
[/quote]

Folks were just trying to point out that he was out of position and was not a D1 Qback. Good luck to him - great athlete!
[/quote]

Nebraska wanted a ball control, rushing quarterback that allowed their defense to catch a breather.  Cody can make d1 defenses pay with his legs,but it's more of a wide open spaces type of thing.  He needs an offense that let's him throw first and run second. What year is the Griffin kid going into this year?

Guest trigger21
i HOPE it works out for him bc he is a great kid and seems like aheck of a athlete. maybe can go to the pros as a athlete like james casey did. i hope does good.

Guest octfeb
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/12/am-k-state-among-handful-of-schools-drawing-cody-greens-interest/

I don't think A&M is "slumming" with the likes of Cody Green. Someone made the comment that A&M was slumming with the likes of Cody Green  ::)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1018170" timestamp="1307970077"]
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/12/am-k-state-among-handful-of-schools-drawing-cody-greens-interest/

I don't think A&M is "slumming" with the likes of Cody Green. Someone made the comment that A&M was slumming with the likes of Cody Green  ::)
[/quote]

Those are the statements of a fool, Cody Green is a class act and would be added value to any team, on character and work ethic alone.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1018178" timestamp="1307972810"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=84700.msg1018170#msg1018170 date=1307970077]

[/quote]

Those are the statements of a fool, Cody Green is a class act and would be added value to any team, on character and work ethic alone.
[/quote]I agree 100%-------still think it is going to be Texas St.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1018178" timestamp="1307972810"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=84700.msg1018170#msg1018170 date=1307970077]

[/quote]

[/quote]

this ^^^^^^^^

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="1018729" timestamp="1308190349"]
I cannot remember who it was that said CG was a GREAT athlete but not a great college QB and that he would never be the starting QB for Nebraska....oh yeah, it was me. 
[/quote]

I think I do remember you saying that, thanks for reminding me why I don't like you.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1018768" timestamp="1308232022"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=84700.msg1018729#msg1018729 date=1308190349]
I cannot remember who it was that said CG was a GREAT athlete but not a great college QB and that he would never be the starting QB for Nebraska....oh yeah, it was me. 
[/quote]

I think I do remember you saying that, thanks for reminding me why I don't like you.
[/quote]
:D

[quote name="bronco1" post="1018768" timestamp="1308232022"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=84700.msg1018729#msg1018729 date=1308190349]
[/quote]

[/quote]Just one of many reasons Bronco1-------but just a word of caution to FF the book may be closed at Nebraska but the final chapter in Green's career has not been written yet

[quote name="octfeb" post="1018170" timestamp="1307970077"]

[/quote]he's an idiot. He probably played on a team that Dayton ran off the field.

FF it was you & I that had a chat about who would or wouldn't start between J.Karem(FW qb went to Tex Tech) & C.Green @ Nebraska and that was after Karem was voted Houston area off.mvp by the TD club and put in the Hou. Chron news.As I recall quoting Cody will start while JK would be keeping notes ;) 8) :D

Frankly all of this perturbs me more than just a little. Anyone that plays college football at any level is a pretty special player---especially if you get the chance to start a few games for a team like Nebraska---congrats to Cody and all who play college football---he is a special person and player.

Pelini NEVER, I repeat NEVER, had any faith in Green.  IMO if your HC doesn't have any faith in the QB he is definetely not going to go out of his way for him.  Yes, Green had his shot but there were times I wondered what the heck Pelini was thinking as far as play calling.  The play calling alone showed he didn't want Green involved to much in the offense but thats the vicious college QB cycle.  Welcome to the real world.  He'll be alright as long as he get's that college education.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1019899" timestamp="1308667826"]
Pelini NEVER, I repeat NEVER, had any faith in Green.  IMO if your HC doesn't have any faith in the QB he is definetely not going to go out of his way for him.  Yes, Green had his shot but there were times I wondered what the heck Pelini was thinking as far as play calling.  The play calling alone showed he didn't want Green involved to much in the offense but [b]thats the vicious college QB cycle[/b].  Welcome to the real world.  He'll be alright as long as he get's that college education.
[/quote]

Right on. Dustin Long set a Big 12 record for td's in a game (later broken by TT qb) and he finds himself on the bench not much later. Who knows what he could have done if he wouldn't have gotten screwed.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1018985" timestamp="1308315860"]
Frankly all of this perturbs me more than just a little. Anyone that plays college football at any level is a pretty special player---especially if you get the chance to start a few games for a team like Nebraska---congrats to Cody and all who play college football---he is a special person and player.
[/quote]

I do not remember the exact stats, but it is like less than 1% of HS athletes that get the opportunity to play at the BCS level.  There are around 2500 BCS scholarships a year.  If you are a scholarship roster player,you were a special HS athlete.

In Texas, there are over 1100 HS's.  If we average 25 seniors per team (1A-5A) that would be 28,000 athletes.  Now figure all 50 states.  That is a big number.

Guest trigger21
[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="1020331" timestamp="1308804138"]
Seen him today,hope he gets a chance wherever he goes. "BOISE STATE" i hope. Im not saying hes talked about it or even had ne1 talk about it,just saying he would fit there.
[/quote]

If he cant start at neb what makes you think he can at BSU?

[quote name="trigger21" post="1020645" timestamp="1308962307"]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=84700.msg1020331#msg1020331 date=1308804138]
Seen him today,hope he gets a chance wherever he goes. "BOISE STATE" i hope. Im not saying hes talked about it or even had ne1 talk about it,just saying he would fit there.
[/quote]

If he cant start at neb what makes you think he can at BSU?
[/quote]

The same reason why Kellen More was told by all the big schools he wasn't good enough. Boise has made a habit of developing players that were labled not good enough by the big schools. Imo cody would fit in quite well in boise. Plus he Will have the opportunity to sit out a year and learn the offense under a a great college QB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder