Brehnam vs Magnolia

Guest UHCoog14
School website says Mumford High School.
Thurs, Fri, Sat. All games at 7:30 PM.

http://www.magnoliaisd.org/education/school/school.php?sectionid=5&linkid=nav-menu-container-1-74463

4A REGION III CHAMPIONSHIP
BRENHAM vs MAGNOLIA, 2 of 3
GAME-1, THURSDAY, 7:30 @ MUMFORD
GAME-2, FRIDAY, 7:30 @ MUMFORD
GAME-3, SATURDAY, 7:30 @ MUMFORD

(I can't believe a game of this caliber is being played at a 1A school?!)

This should be a very good series!  This is 17-4A's best, and dirtiest rivalry as far as baseball goes.  These 2 teams respect each other, but don't like each other.  Brenham won 17-4A, and Magnolia finished 2nd in the district.  Earlier this year Brenham won 7-1 in Brenham, and 4-2 in Magnolia.  In both games, Brenham faced Greene, and Magnolia faced Schlottmann.  If nothing else, I think 17-4A has proved it's region 3's most difficult district.  Brenham hasn't lost to a 17-4A team all year either.  The edge in pitching goes to the Bulldogs, while I would give Brenham the edge in offense.  Usually good pitching, trumps good hitting, but I'm making an exception this time for 2 reasons....

A.) Anything can happen in a rivalry!
B.) As far as experience goes, Brenham defines playoff baseball!

I'm taking Brenham in 3.  Co Cubs!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1015399" timestamp="1306850225"]

This should be a very good series!  This is 17-4A's best, and dirtiest rivalry as far as baseball goes.  These 2 teams respect each other, but don't like each other.  Brenham won 17-4A, and Magnolia finished 2nd in the district.  Earlier this year Brenham won 8-1 in Brenham, and 4-2 in Magnolia.  In both games, Brenham facet Greene, and Magnolia faced Schlottmann.  If nothing else, I think 17-4A has proved it's region 3's most difficult district.  Brenham hasn't lost to a 17-4A team all year either.  The edge in pitching goes to the Bulldogs, while I would give Brenham the edge in offense.  Usually good pitching, trumps good hitting, but I'm making an exception this time for 2 reasons....

[/quote]

Will they have enough seats?
This makes NO sense.

Whoever wins game 1, wins the series. I'm going to take Magnolia in 3. Nothing personal. Just a hunch.

Have heard that Mumford has a nice yard.  Lufkin / Pflugerville played playoff game there a few weeks ago.  Stadium was donated by former Minnesota Viking John Randall.  Not sure how true.  Cant find any pitures on web or a story on it.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Elroy" post="1015412" timestamp="1306853626"]
Have heard that Mumford has a nice yard.  Lufkin / Pflugerville played playoff game there a few weeks ago.  Stadium was donated by former Minnesota Viking John Randall.  Not sure how true.  Cant find any pitures on web or a story on it.
[/quote]

Quite possible, Randle is from Mumford but played football in Herarne, TX.

Guest UHCoog14
Thanks for the link.
Image shows a VERY nice playing surface. All turff.
I guess just bring a lawn chair. The towns population is only 150.

http://m.lufkindailynews.com/mobile/sports/article_90900918-7ddb-11e0-acca-001cc4c03286.html

Oh yea very nice field, seating is the only problem. Brenham went this morning and practiced on it. I just feel like Brenham is on a very good role I take Brenham in 2. And go to state for the 3rd time in a row.
Wish we would have got Minute Maid, would have been cool for the kids.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1015399" timestamp="1306850225"]

This should be a very good series!  This is 17-4A's best, and dirtiest rivalry as far as baseball goes.  These 2 teams respect each other, but don't like each other.  Brenham won 17-4A, and Magnolia finished 2nd in the district.  Earlier this year Brenham won 7-1 in Brenham, and 4-2 in Magnolia.  In both games, Brenham faced Greene, and Magnolia faced Schlottmann.  If nothing else, I think 17-4A has proved it's region 3's most difficult district.  Brenham hasn't lost to a 17-4A team all year either.  The edge in pitching goes to the Bulldogs, while I would give Brenham the edge in offense.  Usually good pitching, trumps good hitting, but I'm making an exception this time for 2 reasons....

[/quote]

I agree Brenham Fan, Mumford?? I do not care how nice the turf is, the atmosphere of a field that seats 750 for a regional final - that stinks! After playing Magnolia, I understand your comments above about your rivalry. Wow - I will just leave it at that Wow about the antics on and off the field! Tell LemonJello on H5A how you feel about this venue!

I know FW and Brenham all have their issues with fans and confident players, but I have never seen such as Magnolia. Go get em Cubs - I got Brenham in 2!! PS - Yall should hit Greene very well.

Fwstangs, I appreciate the support.  I agree, we have seen Greene twice this year and are 2-0 against him.  We havn't seen much of Kirkland, so I'm more concerned about him.  A venue that seats 750 for a team that probably has the best following as far as baseball goes, is crazy.  Especially mixing Brenham & Magnolia fans.  IMO, this is not a good idea and could get ugly.  There's no love lost between these 2 schools.  This is the same team that plowed our catcher over 2 years ago and then cheered as he got up with a broken nose.  I expect security to be beefed up more than usual, but I'm not sure that will help in a place that small.  Magnolia is playing some good baseball right now, so we have our hands full.  This will definatly be a tough and interesting series.

Go Cubs! 

Let's make our 16th trip to state, against our rival! (How sweet would that be)

Coming for our 8th title, so we can pass Bellaire and SW San Antonio for most ever. (Currently tied at 7 with them)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1015731" timestamp="1306951592"]
Fwstangs, I appreciate the support.  I agree, we have seen Greene twice this year and are 2-0 against him.  We havn't seen much of Kirkland, so I'm more concerned about him.  A venue that seats 750 for a team that probably has the best following as far as baseball goes, is crazy.  Especially mixing Brenham & Magnolia fans.  IMO, this is not a good idea and could get ugly.  There's no love lost between these 2 schools.  This is the same team that plowed our catcher over 2 years ago and then cheered as he got up with a broken nose.  I expect security to be beefed up more than usual, but I'm not sure that will help in a place that small.  Magnolia is playing some good baseball right now, so we have our hands full.  This will definatly be a tough and interesting series.

Go Cubs! 

Let's make our 16th trip to state, against our rival! (How sweet would that be)

Coming for our 8th title, so we can pass Bellaire and SW San Antonio for most ever. (Currently tied at 7 with them)
[/quote]

Good luck - Not surprised at your Catchers broken nose being cheered. Magnolia has lots of class! Try to keep those Magnolia Moms away from you after the games, they love to get in your face! Wish I could be there!

Game Day!  Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games...  Roberts, Bolcerek, Schlottmann, Walla, & our newest big time player Baker, (who is our hottest hotter at the moment.)  it's time to shine.;)  We've been here before, so our boys know what it takes.  Should be a great series.  Come on game time!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder