TASO All Star Game

[quote name="TURN2" post="1017037" timestamp="1307476982"]
[quote author=TURN2 link=topic=84653.msg1015784#msg1015784 date=1306960645]
ANY INFO ON THIS?
[/quote]
[/quote]
We are meeting tonight to (hopefully) finalize the 8 teams. June 13th we will have 2 games - 1, 2 and 3A underclassmen will play 1st then the 4 and 5A underclassmen. Then Tuesday June 14th's 2 games will be 1, 2 and 3A graduated seniors first then 4 and 5A graduated seniors play after. Come out and support the young men and help us raise money for scholarships!!

Well., it's Friday....I suppose the game(s) will be played Monday and Tuesday....I guess I'll just hang out at random ball fields looking for the games (probably Lamar, but I've heard nothing official)  and write down the name of all the ball players I see coming and going...I'll post them as a roster on here. But, to keep the spirit of secrecy surrounding the event, I will not, and do not ask me, I will not post ANY scores or other updates.    ;D 

[quote name="athlete" post="1017593" timestamp="1307715650"]
What time dor the players need to be there and what time do the games start?
[/quote]
The games are Monday and Tuesday at Lamar. The early games start at 5:30 CST with the late game shortly after the end of the 1st game ( 7:30 - 8:00ish). Players need to report an hour before their game time. Monday is 1,2,3A underclass Red vs 1,2,3A underclass Blue followed by 4,5A underclass Red vs 4,5A underclass Blue. Tuesday will pit 1,2,3A seniors Red vs 1,2,3A seniors Blue followed by 4,5A seniors Red vs 4,5A seniors Blue. With maybe a few exceptions. I can tell you we moved Kyle Markum from the 1,2,3A game to the 4,5A game because we needed another catcher. There will be rosters at the games. The teams change almost dailey. I had 2 call me today just returning my calls from last week wanting to play and another called having to scratch out due to back problems. I can tell you as of now I have 22 players on the 4,5A underclass Red team and 12 on the 4,5A senior Red team. The games with 20 plus per team will play 9 innings so all get a chance to participate.

[quote name="TURN2" post="1017664" timestamp="1307728862"]
HOW ARE THE SCHOOLS DIVIDED?
[/quote]

we divided them up by positions so there would be equal amounts of pitchers catchers infields and outfielders on each team some teams may have a bunch from one or two schools and some schools may have kids on different teams

The Nederland players played well in the game last night.Brown,Duplant,Wood,Raines and Broussard played for the Blue team.Laselle played for the Red.Red jumped out to a 6-0 led.Then the Bulldog staff of Brown,Broussard and Wood and great defense held the Red score- less for the rest of the game.Hitting Wood 2-2,Brown2-2,Duplant 1-2,Laselle 1-1.Players from other teams played great but I like bragging for the Dogs.The Blue team stormed back to win 11-6.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245