Predictions on the Senior Show Case? North or South?

[quote name="Oh_Lets_doit" post="1011436" timestamp="1305558870"]
[b]Ok so what are your predictions on the game? Who has a better shot at winning this thing?[/b]
[/quote]

Y'all know I was going to chime in.... based on my scouting reports and what is on paper.. I am going to go out on a limb and pick the North on the girls side.  Kinda like the Miami vs Chicago game #1.... Miami had Lebron and D Wade.. but the Bulls were too deep.. as is the North...... too deep.

On the boys side..  THE NORTH WILL CRUSH THE SOUTH....  Butler and the Nederland gang has no chance even with the help of dem injuns and pirate folk..........  WE WILL DESTROY their team.....  unless your talkin about the soccer game itself ..maybe not.. so instead of soccer drills we worked on fighting and hand to hand combat cheap shots and anything else to gain an advantage..so we will start a riot following the game ONLY IF we are losing... SO thats my story and Im stickin to it.  Look for it to be a fun game...  on girls side.. GIRLS OF THE NORTH.. win...

RIP...I agree with you 100 percent.  The North is too Deep!  But as they say, you have to play the game!  I wish they would have evened things out a bit by splitting the Kelly Girls up and share the wealth!  Regardless it will be fun to watch these Seniors one more time lace them up before moving on! See ya there!

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="1011743" timestamp="1305638725"]
RIP...I agree with you 100 percent.  The North is too Deep!  But as they say, you have to play the game!  I wish they would have evened things out a bit by splitting the Kelly Girls up and share the wealth!  Regardless it will be fun to watch these Seniors one more time lace them up before moving on! See ya there!
[/quote]

We are going to play the game... 5 O'clock.. BE THERE... and wear your red and black for support of coach Mike and the 93 G!

I must say I am little bit frustrated by the lack of coverage for this event. The Enterprise did not even run an article or anything about it today. Did not even mention it in todays paper! 16 schools are being represented tonight by seniors from the boys and girls side. if that is not news worthy material I dont know what is! I contacted all three news media outlets and to my knowledge the only one that showed up for any practice was Dave Hof over at Ch 12. Thanks to Ch 12 for promoting our kids.

[quote name="CoachL" post="1011759" timestamp="1305640199"]
I must say I am little bit frustrated by the lack of coverage for this event. The Enterprise did not even run an article or anything about it today. Did not even mention it in todays paper! 16 schools are being represented tonight by seniors from the boys and girls side. if that is not news worthy material I dont know what is! I contacted all three news media outlets and to my knowledge the only one that showed up for any practice was Dave Hof over at Ch 12. Thanks to Ch 12 for promoting our kids.
[/quote]

I agree Coach L  poor coverage... if it wasn't for this board.. I would not have heard about it.

And you can always count on tha Hauf....oh that's another super star!!!

We love you Hof.

The boys side the South won... 4-2.  Nederland group was too much to handle.  Great time and great meeting the coaches from Liberty and Livingston.  They will do well in the future and are great guys.  Everyone should thanks Coach Luttrell for his time and effort in putting this together.  ALL THE KIDS LOVED IT and had fun...  also everyone should know that the Coaches for the SOUTH cheated and tripped our players many times as we had break aways.. great stuff butler and sandell.  But thats the way it goes... cheaters do win........................................ wink...  great game had fun.. congrats butler and sandell

Excellent night of soccer. Thanks to the organizers.  I really enjoyed the solid play by the participants.  Nice passing and trapping.  Exciting stuff.  Thanks Players!!!  Good playing with you Nederland dudes again.  The Boy really enjoyed it!!!

A big thanks to all the players who played tonight! It was a joy to see you play one more time. Wish a few more were going on to play in college but Southeast Texas will eventually add to those numbers. Underclassmen, be sure to play club ball this fall, even consider playing this summer. (6v6, 3v3, pick-up games) Improve your skills for next year!
    Juniors (soon to be seniors) we look forward to seeing you at the showcase next year.
    Finally, I want to echo words of thanks to Coach L and all the coaches (and Lamar University soccer) who made tonight possible. Thanks for making it happen and honoring these players as other sports do. I hope this annual event becomes bigger and better evey year. By the way, excellent crowd tonight!! Thanks for coming out and supporting high school soccer. Let me encourage the fans to do one thing - clap when substitutes are made. It helps the players feel their work is appreciated.
    Oh yes, one more thing. Thanks to the broadcast media who came out and filmed tonight. We appreciate your coverage. Hope to see you out more next year!! (Hint, hint) Hopefully the print media also made it out.

[quote name="DoctorDave" post="1012094" timestamp="1305677871"]
North girls win 4-3. Great play by both teams. Bailey had an exceptional game in the North goal, and that was the difference.
[/quote]

Absolutely correct... Bailey did save the North pardon the pun.. but I believe that it was Natalie's efforts that proved why she was most deserving of the MVP if there were any doubters... not the largest in stature but has a Huge heart and determination to WIN!  Great Job Nat!!!!

And let me not forget Emily Hughes which denied many opportunities and attacks by the North... another person small in Stature but Huge in Heart!

Of course there were many other contributors but these two stand out in my mind!

Man that James Trabing sure didnt turn out to what everybody else said him to be, im not trashing him but when you get all your buddies from silsbee to get on and say hes the best in the area your gonna look out for him. And last night i just wasnt as overly impressed as i thought i would be. But he is good.

[quote name="dogs14" post="1012360" timestamp="1305770420"]
Man that James Trabing sure didnt turn out to what everybody else said him to be, im not trashing him but when you get all your buddies from silsbee to get on and say hes the best in the area your gonna look out for him. And last night i just wasnt as overly impressed as i thought i would be. But he is good.
[/quote]
For sure i thought the same thing! Just to say that he is supposed to be a great player i wouldnt say that. He is ok in my opinion, clearly not a Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi but an average joe. But it's whatever, season is over and James can go back to his fantasy world at Silsbee.

[font=Times New Roman]Senior Showcase was great!  I loved the way the boys all played together so well no matter where they were from.  Just so happened our NEDERLAND boys rocked!!  Sharkfutbol I'm surprised you are not taking the credit for their great playing cause you coached them all for a number of years..... LOL just saying[/font]

It was great seeing all the old club players do so well.  They looked great and I was proud to have been part of their soccer lives.  They moved the ball fast and kept it at their feet with great touch.  It was one of the main reasons I was happy that Coach Luttrel asked if I wanted to help.  I wanted to coach against with are compete with them one more time.  It was also great coaching Aaron and Cameron one more time and Michael Cup has started in the last 91 games I have coached as a High School coach.  So a great night of soccer, and for sure proud of the play of all the young men. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder