Evadale vs. Douglass Game 2 Thread/Douglass wins series 2-0

Game 2 of this Class 1A area best of 3 series will take place at Douglass High School at 1:00 p.m.  Douglass took a 1-0 series lead by besting the Rebels 13-11 last night.

Game 3, if necessary, will take place 30 minutes after the conclusion of Game 2.

The winner of this series will face the winner of the Lovelady/West Sabine series.  Lovelady leads that series 1-0.

An incredible and improbable series sweep for the Douglass Indians over the defeated Evadale Rebels. Pitching, my  friends, is the heart and unmeasurable soul of any baseball squad and from what I am gathering it is the pitching and defense that beat the mighty Rebels. What a shame that this talented group of Rebels will never experience the joy of winning a state title...but, they can still hold their heads high. Congratulations to the Indians for a job extremely well done..and best of luck in your future endeavors in these very playoff games.

Not trying to make any excuses for the loss but I just think that the Evadale boys were just tired of playing. They went 3 games deep in the football playoffs, and after lossing on Friday night they were in the gym Saturday morning and they went to the State playoff in basketball and after lossing Thur. they were on the Baseball field Sat. This group of boys have represented the Town of Evadale very well this year, and we parents could not be prouder of what they have done this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine