Giddings Hired Chris Jones!

Well, I did not see a list of the applicants.  So I don't know if Coach Valastro applied or interviewed for the job.  But I do know that he is not one of the finalists.  Toby Foreman from WO-S is:

http://www.leecountylive.com/News%204X.htm

[quote name="Scooter!" post="994259" timestamp="1302193104"]
wow! If Toby gets it who takes over as the OC at WO-S??
[/quote]

Eddie Dyer. Hes head coach material. WOS is lucky to have so many head coach material coaches. Toby is an ex teammate and a friend to me. By saying that, I wish him all the luck in the world, I am just a little selfish wanting him to stay here. But a real man is always trying to better themselves, and that is what he is doing. Wow, just imagine the rivalry that will emerge if Toby gets it. WOS and Giddings have had a rivalry going for a few years now and if toby gets the job then that rivalry just steped up 2 notches. Would be bittersweet though.

[quote name="kicker" post="994281" timestamp="1302196316"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82827.msg994259#msg994259 date=1302193104]
wow! If Toby gets it who takes over as the OC at WO-S??
[/quote]

Eddie Dyer. Hes head coach material. WOS is lucky to have so many head coach material coaches. Toby is an ex teammate and a friend to me. By saying that, I wish him all the luck in the world, I am just a little selfish wanting him to stay here. But a real man is always trying to better themselves, and that is what he is doing. [b]Wow, just imagine the rivalry that will emerge if Toby gets it. WOS and Giddings have had a rivalry going for a few years now and if toby gets the job then that rivalry just steped up 2 notches.[/b] Would be bittersweet though.
[/quote]Man that would make game of the week material if it happens  :o

[quote name="Scooter!" post="994579" timestamp="1302274672"]
WTH were they thinking?? Jones didnt do nothing in Post! I know people from there that wanted him gone after the first season.
[/quote]

I have know Chris Jones since his days of working under Bobby Davis at Frenship. Jones is a class act. He will ALWAYS put the best interest of the kids first..........ALWAYS. Sometimes the parents and community do not realize this. Jones did a great job at Post. He did a great job at LaMarque before that, and a great job at Rufigio before that. He is a winner, and the kids are fortunate to have him.

As a coach, I do not appreciate folks slamming coaches on a public message board when they do not know him. Call him up. Chris will talk to you about any and everything you want, for as long as you want.

Ive seen it many times. you get a great coach that has winning and dicipline on their mind and you put them in a very political(little Jimmy) school, and they dont fit. That doesnt mean the coach is bad, he just doent want to be a puppet to parents and over zealous schoolboards. I dont believe in bashing anyone, especially when we dont know the story.

[quote name="kicker" post="995686" timestamp="1302536005"]
Ive seen it many times. you get a great coach that has winning and dicipline on their mind and you put them in a very political(little Jimmy) school, and they dont fit. That doesnt mean the coach is bad, he just doent want to be a puppet to parents and over zealous schoolboards. I dont believe in bashing anyone, especially when we dont know the story.
[/quote]I find it very strange some people wanted him out from Post after going 8-4. then top that with a 3-7 season last year. I really wanna know what was going on there. Now with him leaving LM i can totally understand that  :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="995696" timestamp="1302537237"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=82827.msg995686#msg995686 date=1302536005]
[/quote]I find it very strange some people wanted him out from Post after going 8-4. then top that with a 3-7 season last year. I really wanna know what was going on there. Now with him leaving LM i can totally understand that  :D
[/quote]

I would be willing to bet that the (little Jimmy) parents put pressure on the schoolboard to get rid of him because "little jimmy" didnt get to play, or the practices and/or offseason was too hard for them. Funny how all the great teams in this state have no politics. They let the coach coach. These kids need to understand that hard work pays off. When you become an adult, not everyone wins. Its scarry thinking about this next generation of kids. Im not sure if they have the dicipline and work ethic that was instilled in us when we played.

[quote name="kicker" post="995686" timestamp="1302536005"]
[/quote]

Giddings school board people will have their way with him.  The school board controls everything... they had 3 members on the hiring committee and the final interviews were JUST with the school board. They were looking for someone to fit their agenda. Good luck to him.  I guarantee he will be told to fire the head girls basketball coach.

[quote name="chubrub" post="995751" timestamp="1302542997"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=82827.msg995686#msg995686 date=1302536005]
[/quote]

Giddings school board people will have their way with him.  The school board controls everything... they had 3 members on the hiring committee and the final interviews were JUST with the school board. They were looking for someone to fit their agenda. Good luck to him.  [b]I guarantee he will be told to fire the head girls basketball coach[/b].
[/quote]I wouldnt be surprised

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder