Clear Springs vs. Beaumont West Brook Girls Match Thread/CS Wins/Comments

Guest Newbie
Very physical game from the get go.  No calls in the box.  Each time, ref always signaled to play on.  The girls played hard and played with their hearts.  A few collisions with the goal keeper ended up with their keeper taking an ambulance ride to the hospital and both our forwards hurt, one hobbled along, while the other one stayed off.  One of our defensive players also got hurt and had to be carried off the field.  I believe CS also had another injury.  The refs let the game get out of hand and was dangerous for both teams with more pushing and shoving and a yellow card here and there.  We had a goal called back by the center.  It doesn't matter.  Our season's over, and good luck to Clear Springs but their backup goalie I'm afraid won't do well against FB Austin.  Looking forward to next year as we're only loosing three starters this year.  Hopefully, our UT commit will decide to play her senior year, and with plenty of Division 1 players on JV, we should be ready and healthy for next year.  Good job, ladies!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Newbie" post="992860" timestamp="1301960080"]
Very physical game from the get go.  No calls in the box.  Each time, ref always signaled to play on.  The girls played hard and played with their hearts.  A few collisions with the goal keeper ended up with their keeper taking an ambulance ride to the hospital and both our forwards hurt, one hobbled along, while the other one stayed off.  One of our defensive players also got hurt and had to be carried off the field.  I believe CS also had another injury.  The refs let the game get out of hand and was dangerous for both teams with more pushing and shoving and a yellow card here and there.  We had a goal called back by the center.  It doesn't matter.  Our season's over, and good luck to Clear Springs but their backup goalie I'm afraid won't do well against FB Austin.  Looking forward to next year as we're only loosing three starters this year.  Hopefully, our UT commit will decide to play her senior year, and with plenty of Division 1 players on JV, we should be ready and healthy for next year.  Good job, ladies!
[/quote]

I think your UT commit will be back next year... I talked to her last night and she seemed excited about the prospects of her senior season. ;)

I also spent time with a Clear Spring's parent at a recent practice and he echoed your sentiments of the game getting waaaay out of hand.

You should have seen how the Clear Springs player and the WB player got along just fine when they were on the same practice squad, I could honestly say they actually seemed to like each other...you would have found it difficult to believe they had just tried to kill one another only a few days earlier.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder