PNG LADY INDIANS VS. BRENHAM PREDICTIONS

PNG put together one of the most impressive games I have seen in a long time Tuesday against Willis both offensively and defensively!  It will take another great effort to beat Brenham, but I am going with the Lady Indians (of course)!  This team is senior heavy and most have been part of the last two losses to Brenham.  I believe those are still fresh in their minds... Go Lady Indians!

Well, I don't really have a dog in this fight, and I don't really expect to see either team playing FHS in the Regional Finals. 

Having said that, I expect a close game and I am both expecting and hoping for a PNG win (mostly because I like Sharkie).  In terms of the game, my sense is that PNG has a slight edge in talent but Brenham is more consistent.  One big question will be which team can handle adversity better.  My concern for PNG is that they seem to think of themselves this year as a team of destiny; which is fine but those types of teams (especially girls' teams) sometimes have trouble righting the ship when things suddenly go wrong (believe me, I've seen it happen a few more times than I care to remember at the State Tournament -- usually (no, always) against the Region II Champion).  Anyway, my prediction is

PNG 3
Brenaham 2 

Honestly, this game could go either way.  Brenham isn't quite as strong this year, as they were last year.  PNG seems a little better than last year.  That bring said, the 3rd time might be a charm.  It's very hard to beat and eliminate a good team like PNG, 3 years in a row.  My heart says Brenham, but my head says PNG finally eliminates Brenham.  I wouldn't be shocked at all if Brenham won though.  Hopefully im wrong...  Go Cubeetes!

>:(
Brenham 2
PNG 3

You BrenhamFan...are a true soccer fan with a big heart for your school!  I to have been able to witness the last two years of defeats in the third round to Brenham.  My daughter was a sophmore on the team that loss 4-0 two years ago; and a Junior last year when they loss in double overtime in one of the best soccer games I have seen.  With that being said; I feel this game will be a "battle" ..PNG is Senior Heavy this year with many juniors and sophmores providing incredible support both offensivley and defensivley.  Brenham is Brenham! and they will bring their best as they always do!  I cant wait for tomorrow night.....Will you be attending?

FF Fan..Great points!  and as always they are respected!  I think it will be a great soccer game for the fans and hopefully this is the year the Lady Indians "kick the door in"!  Good luck to Friendswood ...and although in your eyes its a longshot for us to meet....VCU is still fighting in the Big Dance..and they are a small longshot to say the least! haha! you never know...especially in soccer!

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="991268" timestamp="1301624302"]
You BrenhamFan...are a true soccer fan with a big heart for your school!  I to have been able to witness the last two years of defeats in the third round to Brenham.  My daughter was a sophmore on the team that loss 4-0 two years ago; and a Junior last year when they loss in double overtime in one of the best soccer games I have seen.  With that being said; I feel this game will be a "battle" ..PNG is Senior Heavy this year with many juniors and sophmores providing incredible support both offensivley and defensivley.  Brenham is Brenham! and they will bring their best as they always do!  I cant wait for tomorrow night.....Will you be attending?
[/quote]

No I won't be able to make it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder