More bad news for Lamar Baseball

Should we start playing Taps now, or Turn Out the Lights?  This is terrible news.  I thought all along the LU was a middle of the SLC pack team, and with the loss of 2 weekend pitchers, LU may need a ladder to reach 10th place.  I'm thinking there won't be any tourney sweep this year.

Wow, KingSnake uhh pick your head up. I have watched this team all year and they do a good job of scoring runs with the new bats and have a deep pitching staff. I really like what I see from this team. Texas State is one of the best teams in the country so don't be so easily discouraged.

I just don't see alot from this team.  Hitting is inconsistent.  Weak arm at short.  Pitchers dropping like flies.  It seems like the program is steadily going downhill.  Weak scheduling, coming off a 7th place finish last year (even though the pitching last year carried them through the tourney)...it just seems like we are taking steps backward while the rest of the conference is stepping forward.  I've had season tickets for the last 10 years, and I just don't like the trend I see.

[quote name="KingSnake" post="989718" timestamp="1301416539"]
I just don't see alot from this team.  Hitting is inconsistent.  Weak arm at short.  Pitchers dropping like flies.  It seems like the program is steadily going downhill.  Weak scheduling, coming off a 7th place finish last year (even though the pitching last year carried them through the tourney)...it just seems like we are taking steps backward while the rest of the conference is stepping forward.   I've had season tickets for the last 10 years, and I just don't like the trend I see.
[/quote]
I see the same trend - as does a certain other poster on here that gets skewered every time he mentions it.  It might be time for a new regime at Vincent Beck.  Even the best coaches have to let it go at some point.

[quote name="KingSnake" post="989718" timestamp="1301416539"]
I just don't see alot from this team.  Hitting is inconsistent.  Weak arm at short.  Pitchers dropping like flies.  It seems like the program is steadily going downhill.  Weak scheduling, coming off a 7th place finish last year (even though the pitching last year carried them through the tourney)...it just seems like we are taking steps backward while the rest of the conference is stepping forward.   I've had season tickets for the last 10 years, and I just don't like the trend I see.
[/quote]

[u]their clutch hitting sux[/u]...short-not that big a problem...have bigger infield probs than that..not saying gilligan should stay or go..but it aint his fault the pitchers are blowing out their arms...

frankly, for yrs, everyone wanted the yanks to go and recruit local, well...we got locals and they aint stepping up

Guest baseball25
He's letting alot of local talent go other places,he's not getting the top notch local guys!!!! I mean everyone gets mad when I say gilligan has to go, people see the direction the program is going but remember FSU got rid of a certain legend and he won national championships, when your program starts going another direction thats when it time to make a change and I feel its that time, Gilligan was a great coach and etc but his time has come and he needs to retire....hopefully lamar can get past these injuries and make a run down the stretch like last yr. Maybe its the off-season during the fall and certian things they do in the weight room or maybe they need to work harder in the weight room who knows..

[quote name="puddin tane" post="989957" timestamp="1301437052"]
[quote author=KingSnake link=topic=82355.msg989718#msg989718 date=1301416539]
[/quote]

[u]their clutch hitting sux[/u]...short-not that big a problem...have bigger infield probs than that..not saying gilligan should stay or go..but it aint his fault the pitchers are blowing out their arms...

frankly, for yrs, everyone wanted the yanks to go and recruit local, well...we got locals and they aint stepping up
[/quote]

I couldn't care less where the recruits are from.  Bring me men from mars if they can play.  If the locals can contribute ...fine.  Just bring me more Amborts, Fosters, Delhommes, etc.  I haven't seen anybody to get excited about here since Delhomme left.  And there certainly isn't anybody that the conference fears.  Looks like a bunch of B class Jucos and guys that wouldn't have made the team 8 years ago.

Clutch hitting has been down, but offensive numbers are down everywhere. SEC has hit 100 less HR's than last year, averaging nearly 2 runs less, etc. Still Lamar has an RPI of 86 now (better than traditional regional teams UC-Irvine, Nebraska, UL-Lafayette, Kansas State, etc..), owns 3 wins over Top 35 RPI teams and are tied for 3rd. Not exactly doomsday yet but overcoming the pitching injuries will be tough.

[quote name="KingSnake" post="990029" timestamp="1301443801"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=82355.msg989957#msg989957 date=1301437052]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I couldn't care less where the recruits are from.  Bring me men from mars if they can play.  If the locals can contribute ...fine.  Just bring me more Amborts, Fosters, Delhommes, etc.  I haven't seen anybody to get excited about here since Delhomme left.  And there certainly isn't anybody that the conference fears.  Looks like a bunch of B class Jucos and guys that wouldn't have made the team 8 years ago.
[/quote]

Haven't we already beaten Baylor and Rice this year?

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="991243" timestamp="1301621861"]
[quote author=KingSnake link=topic=82355.msg990029#msg990029 date=1301443801]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=82355.msg989957#msg989957 date=1301437052]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haven't we already beaten Baylor and Rice this year?
[/quote]  Yes ...we are a sterling 3-5 against top 50 teams

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder