Huffman vs Splendora/Huffman Wins/Comments

[quote name="bbjunkie" post="988085" timestamp="1301069784"]
Who take it and why?  Seems like the winner is in the driver seat in the district.

Got to assume it will be Stallings (Splendora) vs West or DeBerry (Huffman).

Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

Didn't Stallings throw alot of pitches Tuesday in the win over Coldspring? Either way, Splendora is scrappy, can they give Huffman a game in Splendora? After two blowout wins might the Falcons take one for granted?

Ii[quote name="hitchpin" post="988120" timestamp="1301074324"]
[quote author=bbjunkie link=topic=82216.msg988085#msg988085 date=1301069784]
Who take it and why?  Seems like the winner is in the driver seat in the district.

Got to assume it will be Stallings (Splendora) vs West or DeBerry (Huffman).

Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

Didn't Stallings throw alot of pitches Tuesday in the win over Coldspring? Either way, Splendora is scrappy, can they give Huffman a game in Splendora? After two blowout wins might the Falcons take one for granted?
[/quote]

No coach Deberry won't let that happen. The falcon are ranked 11th in the state and should roll through district, possibly without even playing a full 7 inning game.

No coach Deberry won't let that happen. The falcon are ranked 11th in the state and should roll through district, possibly without even playing a full 7 inning game.
[/quote]

Roll through district most likely, but not playing one 7 inning game?  I would hope they would struggle at least once for a win.  It would help them when get to the playoffs.

[quote name="beechnut" post="988779" timestamp="1301167955"]
Last two years Huffman one and done? I know they had a bye but did they advance?
[/quote]

Huffman had a 1st round bye last year, then beat Navasota in the 2nd round 4-2 at Olsen Field at Texas A&M. 3rd round they lost a 3 game series vs. Bridge City

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="hankster" post="988827" timestamp="1301178404"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=82216.msg988779#msg988779 date=1301167955]
Last two years Huffman one and done? I know they had a bye but did they advance?
[/quote]

Huffman had a 1st round bye last year, then beat Navasota in the 2nd round 4-2 at Olsen Field at Texas A&M. 3rd round they lost a 3 game series vs. Bridge City
[/quote]

Thanks memory goes fast when  you get old.

[quote name="Dwack" post="988713" timestamp="1301147023"]

[/quote]

Roll through district most likely, but not playing one 7 inning game?  I would hope they would struggle at least once for a win.  It would help them when get to the playoffs.
[/quote]

Well I would like to know who gonna give them a game in this district? Huffman plays a hard schedule before district starts because they know they won't see any good teams in district.  They didn't even play a 3a team until district started.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="988925" timestamp="1301196346"]
[quote author=Dwack link=topic=82216.msg988713#msg988713 date=1301147023]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I would like to know who gonna give them a game in this district? Huffman plays a hard schedule before district starts because they know they won't see any good teams in district.  They didn't even play a 3a team until district started.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone will give them much of a game in district.  It would be more likely that Huffman just has a poor game and probably has to find a way to win.  They are a very good team.

[quote name="Dwack" post="989172" timestamp="1301313063"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=82216.msg988925#msg988925 date=1301196346]
[quote author=Dwack link=topic=82216.msg988713#msg988713 date=1301147023]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think anyone will give them much of a game in district.  It would be more likely that Huffman just has a poor game and probably has to find a way to win.  They are a very good team.
[/quote]

Well I guess that no 7 inning game thing didn't work out to well lol.

Huffman 7
Cleveland 1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder