Port Neches-Groves vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland Wins!!/Comments

On a third strike that the catcher doesnt catch, the ruling is either wild pitch or passed ball. That ruling depends on whether the pitcher made a bad throw that the catcher couldnt handle (wp) or the pitcher made a good pitch that the catcher just didnt handle. (pb) If the third strike is missed but the catcher picks it up and throws to first and makes a wild throw, that would then be an E2.  So, Im assuming that the catcher threw the dropped 3rd strike away at 1st.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did mispost the E2. It was a dropped 3rd strike so not considered an error. I'm sorry to Bab and Trev tonight for misposting those errors. I'm a little harder on both the boys(one being my son and the other I've watched 4ever) and I guess I do need to stop doing that to them. ;)

Guest tappedout
I thought Duplant did a very good job of keeping the Indian hitter's off balance. That changeup is his money pitch. A couple of error's on both team's led to most of the run's. Fontenot made PNG pay for the 2 out error in a big way. The Dog's swung the bat's better than PNG tonite. PNG could not get a sac bunt down tonite to save their lives. Overall a great atmosphere to watch a game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder