Kindell Johnston, Lumberton junior

Alexia Thomas, Ozen senior

Chasity Wallace, Nederland senior

Blair Richmond, Vidor senior

Sandy Drake, Lumberton senior

Sanqueisha Rawls, Ozen sophomore

Rochelle Harris, Central junior

[quote name="desethion" post="982716" timestamp="1300149974"]
mrs. harris is well deserved of the mvp, but she was on a third place team. central and ozen both had players that made the all- state list and whom teams finished 1-2 in district. i would have loved to be at that meeting to see voting.
[/quote]

Thats not unusual at all.  Happens in lots of districts that a great player from a team that does not finish high gets a superlative.

I DONT AGREE WITH THE WAY THIS LIST LOOKS. ???  SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!! :-\  I AGREE WITH THE MVP, ASIA BOOKER COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT ALSO. BUT, SOME OF THE OTHER WINNERS ARE SUSPICIOUS ???  I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO BE THE FLY ON THE WALL TO SEE THE WAY THAT VOTING WENT. 

thats why i said she deserves being mvp. i know she won mvp also. i was just wondering why the 1st place team or the team that went the farthest didnt win it cause their teams did place higher. central would not have won district if it didnt have jalesha and ozen wouldnt have made the trip to austin without asia, and livingston wouldnt have made the playoffs with out ms. harris, but they were a 3rd place team that went one an done in the playoffs. i believe that all three were deserving of the award but i am not sure that ms. harris is the clear cut mvp of the district in my eyes. of the three i mention 2 won superalatives

[quote name="desethion" post="982950" timestamp="1300204192"]
thats why i said she deserves being mvp. i know she won mvp also. i was just wondering why the 1st place team or the team that went the farthest didnt win it cause their teams did place higher. central would not have won district if it didnt have jalesha and ozen wouldnt have made the trip to austin without asia, and livingston wouldnt have made the playoffs with out ms. harris, but they were a 3rd place team that went one an done in the playoffs. i believe that all three were deserving of the award but i am not sure that ms. harris is the clear cut mvp of the district in my eyes. of the three i mention 2 won superalatives
[/quote]
FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD, THE COACHES VOTED FOR THESE HONORS. IN MY OPINION, BOOKER/HARRIS MVP, OFFENSIVE - BOOKER/HARRIS, DEFENSIVE - THOMAS.  AT LEAST AUSTIN SAW THE TALENT!!! THIS LIST IS BAFFLING ???  WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAW... ???

[quote name="roar!" post="983003" timestamp="1300210984"]
Just because Livingston only made the first round of playoffs, dosn't mean that Daylyn Harris should not be the MVP from the district!  Congrats Daylyn!!  Can't wait to watch you play at SFA!!
[/quote]

Teardrop is not going to get the concept of MVP anymore than he can find the "caps lock" key... ;D

[quote name="dimlaws" post="983605" timestamp="1300247523"]
Hillguy do you think that was the right choice for MVP?
[/quote]

I think you can make a really good case for Harris.  Every year there is debate on who gets district MVP in most districts...is it the best player in the district or the one player who means more to her team than any other player to their team.  I think that Harris is close to number one in both of those cases.  Without her, Liv may not even make the playoffs.  So she is VERY valuable to her team. 

Oh and by the way...how far you go in the playoffs makes no difference whatsoever, since the voting usually takes place in the first week after the season.  So the fact that Ozen went to the final four doesnt matter...the players had already been chosen before that.

You think think the district picks were screwed up?  Take a look at the all-state pics!  How does a "good" freshman from 19-4a get selected for all-state, when "great" players like Booker, Jones, and several others DON'T.  What the heck is going with that??????

[quote name="HillGuy" post="983352" timestamp="1300240133"]
[quote author=roar! link=topic=81709.msg983003#msg983003 date=1300210984]
Just because Livingston only made the first round of playoffs, dosn't mean that Daylyn Harris should not be the MVP from the district!  Congrats Daylyn!!  Can't wait to watch you play at SFA!!
[/quote]

Teardrop is not going to get the concept of MVP anymore than he can find the "caps lock" key... ;D
[/quote]
I AM NOT A HE!!! :P  I LIKE THE CAP LOCK KEY...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :P  AND I DO GET THE CONCEPT OF THE MVP.  I DID NOT KNOCK HARRIS FOR GETTING MVP!!  I SAID BOOKER WAS A GOOD CANDIDATE ALSO!!  CAN YOU READ? :o  I JUST STATED THAT THE OTHER WINNERS WERE QUESTIONABLE.  ???  BOOKER SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME KIND OF DISTRICT HONORS BESIDES FIRST TEAM!!  BUT, ONCE AGAIN THAT IS MY OPINION AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT!! ;)

[quote name="HillGuy" post="983685" timestamp="1300277342"]
[quote author=dimlaws link=topic=81709.msg983605#msg983605 date=1300247523]
[/quote]

I think you can make a really good case for Harris.  Every year there is debate on who gets district MVP in most districts...is it the best player in the district or the one player who means more to her team than any other player to their team.  I think that Harris is close to number one in both of those cases.  Without her, Liv may not even make the playoffs.  So she is VERY valuable to her team. 

Oh and by the way...how far you go in the playoffs makes no difference whatsoever, since the voting usually takes place in the first week after the season.  So the fact that Ozen went to the final four doesnt matter...the players had already been chosen before that.

You think think the district picks were screwed up?  Take a look at the all-state pics!  How does a "good" freshman from 19-4a get selected for all-state, when "great" players like Booker, Jones, and several others DON'T.   What the heck is going with that??????

BOOKER DID GET FIRST TEAM ALL STATE!!! :o
[/quote]

[quote name="TEARDROP" post="983708" timestamp="1300281693"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=81709.msg983352#msg983352 date=1300240133]
[quote author=roar! link=topic=81709.msg983003#msg983003 date=1300210984]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I AM NOT A HE!!! :P  I LIKE THE CAP LOCK KEY...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :P  AND I DO GET THE CONCEPT OF THE MVP.  I DID NOT KNOCK HARRIS FOR GETTING MVP!!  I SAID BOOKER WAS A GOOD CANDIDATE ALSO!!  CAN YOU READ? :o  I JUST STATED THAT THE OTHER WINNERS WERE QUESTIONABLE.  ???  BOOKER SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME KIND OF DISTRICT HONORS BESIDES FIRST TEAM!!  BUT, ONCE AGAIN THAT IS MY OPINION AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT!! ;)
[/quote]

Just poking fun at your all-caps, which is considered screaming and poor manners on a discussion board. But since you brought it up, the same applies to  Booker just getting first team.  It seems like the coaches always vote who was the  most valuable (off or def) to their respective TEAM, not the best in the district.  Over here in 19-4a, the players who won offensive and defensive MVP's were most definitely NOT the best offensive or defensive players.  It happened last year too...  sorry about referring to you as he!

[quote name="TEARDROP" post="983711" timestamp="1300281798"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=81709.msg983685#msg983685 date=1300277342]
[quote author=dimlaws link=topic=81709.msg983605#msg983605 date=1300247523]
[/quote]

You think think the district picks were screwed up?  Take a look at the all-state pics!  How does a "good" freshman from 19-4a get selected for all-state, when "great" players like Booker, Jones, and several others DON'T.   What the heck is going with that??????

BOOKER DID GET FIRST TEAM ALL STATE!!! :o
[/quote]
[/quote]

You are right teardrop, she did make the TABC all-state, but there are two all state polls.  When I said she didnt, the other poll (Tx Girls Coaching Association- TGCA) was the only one out and she wasnt on it.  Kendall Shaw of BH made the first, but not the second.  Rediculous.  Congrats to Booker on making the TABC all-state!

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="983828" timestamp="1300297500"]
Posting in all caps is against the rules for this website. Look at the forum rules for more.

Harris was the best player on her team and the best I've seen in 20-4A.  I would have been shocked if she wouldn't have it.
[/quote]YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHOCKED THEN!!!  :-* WITH ALL THESE RANKINGS/POLLS ETC... ASIA IS ON ALL OF THEM!!! :o STILL MAKES YOU WONDER ABOUT THE DISTRICT VOTING!! ???  I AM WITH YOU HILLGUY...THEY MUST HAVE BEEN VOTING FOR THEIR TEAMS ONLY AND NOT LOOKING AT THE ENTIRE DISTRICT AND THAT'S ASHAME!! :-[  AND I STILL LIKE ALL CAPS!!! ;D

• 2 months later...
[quote name="TEARDROP" post="984903" timestamp="1300465776"]
[quote author=roar! link=topic=81709.msg984866#msg984866 date=1300462693]
Sometimes the polls can be wrong you know.
[/quote]WHAT'S YOUR OPINION? DO YOU THINK ANY OF THESE GIRLS DESERVE TO HAVE BEEN RANKED ON ANY POLL OR IN THEIR DISTRICT?  HONESTLY?
[/quote]
Teardrop it is funny how you break the "no all caps rule" because you "like it" and try to sell people on the fact that a deserving person did not get the recognition they earned.  Could you do some research and ask the coach if they nominated your choice for MVP?  Also rankings really are only as meaningful as you make them.  Look at some of the Women's college recruiting rankings, I believe out of the top 25 players each year 16 - 19 are considered bust by their junior year.  The player you like may not fit what other coaches and fans like.  Everyone has an opinion and yours is a valid as anyones.  Only thing is that the others on here are not screaming in all caps about theirs.

FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD, THE COACHES VOTED FOR THESE HONORS. IN MY OPINION, BOOKER/HARRIS MVP, OFFENSIVE - BOOKER/HARRIS, DEFENSIVE - THOMAS.  AT LEAST AUSTIN SAW THE TALENT!!! THIS LIST IS BAFFLING ???  WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAW... ???
[/quote]

Coaches vote for all district picks all the time every year in every district...thats how it is done...district picks are what the coaches think about the players they have and played against...also a coach cant vote for their own player therefore it has to be the other schools coaches voting for that player!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder