Who's the best QB in 11-1A next season?

oiler#3

West Sabine's Desmond Lacey WILL be the best QB in the district.  He tore his ACL in the 4th game of the season this past year and at that point he already had 6 or 7 passing td's and probably 250 yards rushing.  His command of the game was unreal for only a soph. qb.  He has returned to sports and looks 100%.

• 8 months later...
Guest wssgrad
Desmond Lacey is the best quarterback this season and will be the next season. His stats are better than the QB from LL. They are both good, but Lacey is better.

Depending on the cut-off numbers for enrollment, West Hardin & Hull-Daisetta may drop down to 1A-Div 2.  The district could be back to how it was 3 years ago:

Reg IV
Dist 14

Burkeville
Evadale
High Island
Hull-Daisetta
Sabine Pass
West Hardin

So you should include these schools in your thread, because it could look this way.

Based off that & who I think is the best overall QB, I'll pick:

1.) Ridge - WH
2.) Marberry - H-D
3.) Williams - Evadale

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1095801" timestamp="1319730835"]
Good Day, Joharr
From what Coach Williams told me he doubted that either WH or HD would be moving down, now Lovelady likely will, but the numbers you guys and HD reported were at or more than they were two years ago (again according to him) so coming down looks unlikely.
[/quote]

Hello to you Yeller!  So when will the UIL normally put out the official numbers?

I didn't know Marberry was a senior, thanks HDcats0422.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1096138" timestamp="1319751123"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=80420.msg1095801#msg1095801 date=1319730835]
Good Day, Joharr
From what Coach Williams told me he doubted that either WH or HD would be moving down, now Lovelady likely will, but the numbers you guys and HD reported were at or more than they were two years ago (again according to him) so coming down looks unlikely.
[/quote]

Hello to you Yeller!  So when will the UIL normally put out the official numbers?

I didn't know Marberry was a senior, thanks HDcats0422.
[/quote]

I am not sure they put out the numbers until they release the districts. I believe that the coaches go into that meeting in February not having any idea of the cut offs for the classifications or the divisions. I could be wrong, but I know they do everything including scheduling once the districts are announced. It will be interesting to see what happens and where everybody lands when the announcement comes.

Guest wssgrad
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but numbers don't lie. Any QB that can produce great numbers with a team that doesn't have a line is always better in my book. This kid has to try to run, pass, and throw on the move 90% of the time and that's why he's the best QB in the district in my opinion. I watched LL play WS and WS's QB was clearly better, hands down. LL's QB is good also, but injury is a part of the game. He wasn't better before that though. Just saying......in my opinion.

I don't. I wasn't the one who posed the question. Just giving you the stats I have. From his performance in the 1st half of the game he played against West Sabine, I agree he is a top flite QB. I could tell he had complete control of his team and was able to go through his progressions in the passing game before he tucked it and ran. I see the same ability in Lacey as well. They are both "pass first, run second" QB's. You could build a team around either one of them in my opinion. Both are extremely talented. Was a shame to see Therwanger's season cut short with the fibula injury.

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1098614" timestamp="1319865728"]
I wasn't the one who posed the question.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know.

I don't have Therwhanger's stats either, so I don't know whose stats are better.  The question was really directed to the other poster.  If someone makes a statement like "so-and-so's stats are better", then that someone needs to know both sets of stats.  Otherwise it's just a guess.  I wanted to know what the statement was based upon because as far as I know, LL hasn't released any stats.  It's also hard to say one is better than the other, especially "hands-down better", based on one half of one game.

It really doesn't matter.  They're both very talented.  It's my understanding that the Lacey kid is a Jr., and if so, he could be scary good next year.  WS could possibly make some noise in the playoffs if they can somehow shore up their defense.

You got that right. As it stands now if we beat H-D next week we would have a re-match with Moody in bi-district the following week, and maybe Garrison the next. They have cut down their ppg to roughly 28 in district. Doesn't sound all that great until you consider we were giving up roughly 44 ppg in non-district. Yes Lacey is a Jr. this year and you are right he could be scary good next year. I compared his stats this year with those of Reginald Davis, the Tenaha phenom(Texas Tech commit , I believe), and they were frighteningly comparable( Davis averages more per carry but Lacey has 300 more passing yards, so it evens out IMO). I know you have to look at the respective competition, but it is something to consider. 

He will not be in the same discussion as Davis. You guys better hope you are not in the same district with SA next year or Lacey will be overshadowed by SA's abundance of skilled position players. In the SA game the entire WS team had less than 100 yards. SA is losing 4 seniors.

Guest wssgrad
Yes, they both are and that was my point. They are both good. I am not guessing on the stats either. There was a comparison stat done between the two players. These were both of their "true" stats. I know it's hard to believe. I couldn't believe it either because WS had numerous losses. Anyway, "real talent" can never be overshadowed. NO matter who or what. Next year, the teams will all be different. SA won this year, but don't think it will be so easy next year. Nothing is guaranteed for anyone, regardless of realignment.

Guest wssgrad
At this point, I'm ready to move on from this discussion. Every one has their own picks and that's what this discussion was about. I'm not about to degrade anyone's child because I have children of my own. Some people don't want to give credit where credit is due. Lacey is a true athlete who makes great grades.  I wished the QB from LL had not gotten hurt because now we will not be able to see total stats and really compare the way it needed to be done. I've heard great things about LL's QB too, so I wish them both the best of luck! Anyway, you're going with Tharwanger, I'm going with Lacey, and that other person with SA's QB. Good!! Tharwanger and Lacey are great to me!!! I'm moving on now....I have nothing else to say.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder