Lumberton vs Kelly (Girls) Friendly 5pm tonight

rip2506

Ditto on the gratitude of the Lady Dawgs and their parents to the Lumberton team for agreeing to scrimmage. It is really appreciated and will hopefully prepare Dawgs for an extremely tough upcoming game playoff game. The experience should help Raiders get ready for their tough district. They did not have to take this scrimmage but did so and were classy hosts.
As far as the scrimmage went, Lumberton came out like a storm and scored first, then led again 2-1 and really pressured well in the first half. Kelly was stronger in the second half and outscored the Raiders by a couple of goals. 

[quote name="watash" post="962629" timestamp="1297139639"]
Ditto on the gratitude of the Lady Dawgs and their parents to the Lumberton team for agreeing to scrimmage. It is really appreciated and will hopefully prepare Dawgs for an extremely tough upcoming game playoff game. The experience should help Raiders get ready for their tough district. They did not have to take this scrimmage but did so and were classy hosts.
As far as the scrimmage went, Lumberton came out like a storm and scored first, then led again 2-1 and really pressured well in the first half. Kelly was stronger in the second half and outscored the Raiders by a couple of goals.  
[/quote]

Ditto: The top ranking that sharktooth had given the Lady Dawgs was definitely in jeopardy in the first half...The Lady Raiders were pushing the Dawgs around and imposing their will on them... They could have easily had 4 goals in the first half. The dawgs got their act together and brought it home.

The first half was a lot of offense and not so much defense.  Really fun to watch both teams going for it and opening the field up.  Rip is right, Lumberton didnt take care of a few gift-wrapped oppurtunities in the first half and Kelly must have finished at about 75 to 80% on theirs.  I'm hoping the Lady Raiders' finishing gets to the where Kelly's is by the time they are in the playoffs.  Good luck against Ursuline!  Ya'll owe 'em one. 

[quote name="DoctorDave" post="962978" timestamp="1297199417"]
Looks like that PN-G game with Kelly might have been a good one, but we will never know  ???
[/quote]

Always has been and hopefully always will be... I think both teams are going to suffer from serious Senior (Talent) Depreciation next year... Kelly still has a few Juniors with good talent that just need to step up and take charge.. If it were my team.. I would put Caitlyn Quinn in the back to protect the goal with her speed... And there are some freshman starters that just need some seasoning.. In their junior and senior years they should be very formidable.

Yes I wish the Kelly bulldogs and the Indians could have hooked up... do not know if it would have been the same with Chloe being a little dinged up.

I agree RIP..i would have loved to see them play as well; both healthy!  It would have been the classic battle we saw last year, especially with a 100 % Natalie Hagar this year!  Quick update on Chloe; she played last night with no pain!  Scored 2 goals and had an assist in about 30 minutes playing time. Good luck to both the Kelly soccer teams in the playoffs! Us Injuns are pulling for yall!

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="963846" timestamp="1297305493"]
I agree RIP..i would have loved to see them play as well; both healthy!  It would have been the classic battle we saw last year, especially with a 100 % Natalie Hagar this year!  Quick update on Chloe; she played last night with no pain!   Scored 2 goals and had an assist in about 30 minutes playing time. Good luck to both the Kelly soccer teams in the playoffs! Us Injuns are pulling for yall!
[/quote]

Good to hear Chloe is healthy and doing well!!!!  Thanks for the support!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder