West Hardin 36 Hull-Daisetta 7 Final/Comments

Simmons right, Simmons left, Simmons up the middle. That kid ran all over HD. Horrible play calling by the coaching staff in my opinion and the kids came out flat in the 2nd half. West Hardin wanted that game more than the Bobcats did and in the 4th quater it showed. Zach Simmons had to have at least 30+ carries and well over 200 yards. HD should have kept feeding their big backs (Cook and Patterson) who were both getting 5 or 6 yards per run in the first half. They abandoned that and the rest is history. Everyone is wondering why Sam Elliott who's played QB the whole season did not play QB at all, only played defense. This was a great game until the end and the Oilers just poured it on. HD didnt' try to get the ball to their all-state calibur WR Tre Smith until it was too late and in obvious passing situations where he was facing double and triple coverage. I questioned the play calling all night long, but hey, i'm not the coach, just a fan with some football knowledge. Good job to the Oilers and they deserved to get this win. I dont' think they were 36-7 better than the Cats, but they were defintely better than us Friday nigtht.

It was an awesome game atmosphere and both sides were loud and rowdy. I saw a bunch of old friends and give alot of respect to this years' Oiler squad. Those kids play hard and and played to the whistle every play. HD played hard as well, but it seems like they weren't on the same page. Nine guys bustin' butt on every play, and two guys taking a play off, and WH was able to find our weeknesses. I still think that HD has the better atheltes overall, but they werent' the best team. (and they dont' have Zach Simmons who is an absolute stud. Reminds me of Levi Moore that played at Deweyville in the early 90's). Good luck to the Oilers in the playoffs and hopefully we will turn things around and be ready for playoff time as well.

How can you say that HD has better athletes that WH... are you saying that 3 or 4 of HD's athletes couldnt stop Simmons? there are more than a few athletes that are as good as Simmons if not better. Like Letsinger, Tomlinson, Bordes, Copeland, and Tubbs (who is just a junior). Those arent the only good athletes WH has there are alot more. It was a team effort, it wasnt just one by one good athlete it was won by a team of good athletes.

Dont think it will be easy next year WH has alot comming back and they will be even better we have replacements for everybody leaving, and we didnt even have the Carouthers kid this year one of our main Def. starters

Copeland ,Tubbs, Bordes, Kelly, Meche, Lowe, Laird is just a few starters that will return

Guest orangeman

HDBobcats9 was right. West Hardin isn't 30 points better than HD... they're more like 44 to 45 points better. This game was complete domination from start to finish. The only reason that WH had only 7 points at half time is because they kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers. The only reason HD even scored is because one of WH turnovers was deep in their own territory and HD only had to move the ball 20 yards. It was 36 - 7 on the scoreboard, but more like 50 - 7 on the field. Just take your physcial... errrrr.... finesse defense back to HD and get ready for G-R-O-V-E-T-O-N!

Thanks 4 the complements HDBobcats9,I thought the game would have been much closer than it was it sure suprised me cause H-D has been doin pretty good this year. In my opinion, from what I saw It just seemed to me that H-D might have got a little to big headed about beating WH and didn't give it their all. It seemed to me that at the end of the game they just gave up.

Being friends with a couple of the present and former coaches at HD, and hearing all the hype about this game I decided to go and I agree with Oiler fan it was a good game until half and the bobcats looked like a different team the second half. There was no intensity anymore. When they lined up against each other, by the second quarter you could tell West Hardin was bigger and more physical than HD. That is basically the bottom line. Off night on the passing game did not help either. If you can't throw a little bit then those 5-6 yard gains start turning to -2 yard losses. I also asked why the Elliot kid did not rotate in. And I agree with the coaches because of his ankle, they said it was horrible looking. So don't risk him getting sacked and getting his ankle turned anymore. I thought it would be closer but it wasn't. West Hardin wanted the game more and it showed, you can't coach that. I see a lot of support and confidence from the oiler fans and a lot of finger pointing from the HD fans. Just remember the kids read this too. Be careful what you say and who your saying it about. And try to encourage not put down. I believe HD is playing with a lot of 10 and 11 graders. I thought they played well against a stronger, more experienced WH group of kids. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Swami.

The Seniors who we are losing--Letsinger and Simmons will definitely hurt us next year. It' s not like there is someone to replace Simmons, but Copeland will help with the loss of Letsinger.

As for Carouthers no way will he be back in time for playoffs. the end of our grading period is this Friday--the first playoff game will be the following Thursday. Hopefully, after that if our team goes on he'll be able to play---but who knows.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder