who will get 3rd in 25-A

apiolar

[quote name="whsalum" post="957604" timestamp="1296401327"]
This district for the first time in years is pretty weak but it's also pretty even so it's a toss up.
[/quote]This opinion coming from someone that said at the start of the season that Spurger was the best 1a team in the area :D :D

OK I'll bite, how would you compare the district to the past 3 or 4 years?I would make the same prediction again if I had to do it over.Spurger was coming off a state tournament showing and returning a very good PG and a good post player.Unlike you I try and make open minded observations.

[quote name="whsalum" post="957612" timestamp="1296403317"]
OK I'll bite, how would you compare the district to the past 3 or 4 years?I would make the same prediction again if I had to do it over.Spurger was coming off a state tournament showing and returning a very good PG and a good post player.Unlike you I try and make open minded observations.
[/quote] No I agree with you on the Dist. being week this year. When Spurger droped out, this year I to thought it would be a week Dist. But with that being said I also looked at what each team had coming into this year. Spurger had to good players returning form last years team, but Evadale had 3 big Srs and a good shoting guard coming back. And in 1a ball most games come down to match ups. And right now most 1a teams cant match up with them. But its all good I was just giving you a hard time ;D

Basketball is a game of matchups whether it is 1-a or 5-a.The shooting guard for Evadale has developed better than I thought he would as have their 2 returning big men.That being said I think we agree the distict doesn't resemble the one that has had teams in the regional and state tournament the past several years.

Your right the dist in whole is weeker than in past. We play Legget next monday night there, after that I will have a better fell on how we will play in the playoffs. If we beat them we will have beating the 3 leaders in that dist. You have said that you think that they play better with 2 bigs on the floor at a time ,with one getting rest on th bench, But now when they play 3 bigs on the floor and the shoting guard, teams dont  know who to guard. All three big players can shot the 15 ft over most teams so if the double that opens up down low and no one can match their size one on one, and if they try and play zone the guard kills them with the three. Just looks to me that they are peaking at the right time.

I haven't seen the post kids shoot the 15 footer. They usually shoot from 8-10 ft and put back the misses,which is what they should do.The reason I like 2 post players on the floor is because they can go high/low and have a fresh set of legs at all times.I still think to be successful in the playoffs they are going to have to handle back court pressure which I don't see an answer too.The shooting guard will be the key to their playoff run because I can guarantee folks will back it in until he proves he can shoot em out of it.What time does the Leggett game start? That will be a fun one to watch.

[quote name="True Blue" post="957628" timestamp="1296405653"]
Your right the dist in whole is weeker than in past. We play Legget next monday night there, after that I will have a better fell on how we will play in the playoffs. If we beat them we will have beating the 3 leaders in that dist. You have said that you think that they play better with 2 bigs on the floor at a time ,with one getting rest on th bench, But now when they play 3 bigs on the floor and the shoting guard, teams dont  know who to guard. All three big players can shot the 15 ft over most teams so if the double that opens up down low and no one can match their size one on one, and if they try and play zone the guard kills them with the three. Just looks to me that they are peaking at the right time.
[/quote] By playing and beating those 3 teams what will that prove. U need to look @ teams in reg.4 that u will be playing in the playoff.
\Munford-21-4 ranked # 3
Milano-19-2    *****#9
Yorktown-18-4*****#13
Sabinal----15-5****#19
Medina---------****#21            Who win reg 3 will win STATE u can count on it.

[quote name="True Blue" post="960489" timestamp="1296744414"]
If HD playes BS like they played Evadale , there could be a 3 team tie for the last 2 spots. SP, BS, HD. JMO HD is the best of the three
[/quote]how is HD the best out of the 3? because they upset evadale? SP and BS beat them

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder