Nederland’s Ben Jones will play for McNeese

McNeese has a great tradition and fan base but they haven't made any attempt to move to the next level. They are still the same McNeese when Lamar dropped football in 1989. Not much improvement to the campus or sports facilities. Lamar has set the foundation with campus improvements and upgrading the sports facilities to move beyond the status quo, thanks to the vision of Simmons and Tubbs.

[quote name="LU1991" post="960364" timestamp="1296705108"]
McNeese has a great tradition and fan base but they haven't made any attempt to move to the next level. They are still the same McNeese when Lamar dropped football in 1989. Not much improvement to the campus or sports facilities. Lamar has set the foundation with campus improvements and upgrading the sports facilities to move beyond the status quo, thanks to the vision of Simmons and Tubbs.
[/quote]McNeese has about 8000 students and has not grown much over the years so no it does not have the money to do lavish improvements but they will have a nice new facility and Ben can come up through the system and at LU he may not get the same chances due to jc transfers. It al comes down to him and his family I think everyone should be happy for him instead of degrading the program he chooses.

[quote name="77" post="960463" timestamp="1296741274"]
[quote author=LU1991 link=topic=79467.msg960364#msg960364 date=1296705108]
[/quote]McNeese has about 8000 students and has not grown much over the years so no it does not have the money to do lavish improvements but they will have a nice new facility and Ben can come up through the system and at LU he may not get the same chances due to jc transfers. It al comes down to him and his family I think everyone should be happy for him instead of degrading the program he chooses.
[/quote]

I'm always glad when a local kid has the chance to play ball at the college level and I do wish the best for Ben Jones and Ford (except when they play Lamar). I can't say that I'm not disappointed that they chosen another SLC school rather than Lamar, but I do wish them the best and look forward to seeing them play. When comparing universitys in general, I will point out the advantages that I believe Lamar has over the other schools. I probably came off a little rough after hearing that Ford was going to SFA. I have to admit...it was a little tough to swallow.

[quote name="77" post="960463" timestamp="1296741274"]
[quote author=LU1991 link=topic=79467.msg960364#msg960364 date=1296705108]
[/quote]

You're on a LAMAR fans message board, and he is going to our rival, MCNEESE!

No one is degrading the program he chose, we just wish he went another way!

I'll say the same thing I said on the Ford thread - I don't wish the kid well.  I don't care if he grew up on the same street as me.  If he chooses to go somewhere other than Lamar (or Tech) then I don't wish him well.  And I don't think that Ben Jones really cares one way or the other whether or not I wish him well.  If he did he would have asked me where I thought he should go.  He's not a local kid anymore since he's not going to the local school.  He is now a resident of Louisiana, which in and of itself lowers his IQ by one standard deviation, and a player for the rival university.

Therefore, I wish Jones individual success on a crappy McNeese team.  When they play Lamar I hope that Billy Chavis (after a switch to defense) lights him up on every play.

I think the signing of Daniel Campbell ended any thoughts of him coming to Lamar as this is a small class and the coaching staff has already signed Justin Brock who was a Super Team selection by the Beaumont Enterprise. You can read all the bios here http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lama/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011SigningDayBios.pdf

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder