18 3A games 2/1/11

no-look

Hudson beat Huntington 62-53. Huntington had a six point lead with four minutes to go......Huntington finished the last three minutes with four players. Three fouled out and one broke his arm(ugly). Very physical game....the Davis kid was unstoppable. He had 36 points and scored fifteen  the last three minutes....

[quote name="j_dog" post="964958" timestamp="1297480133"]
The report is that Jasper defeated Diboll at Diboll tonight.  Jasper did it the hard way in the second half of district picking up road wins against Pollok Central, Center, and Diboll.

This assures Jasper at worst a tie for second place in the district, and an outside chance at a 3 way tie for first.

Dogs, they said you could not do it!  Congratulations on winning all your second half district games!   :)

I think this proves that the "scoring table" brouhaha was pure bunkum.  Jasper proved they deserved to win by doing it on the road against some of the district's top teams.
[/quote]asper played good ball the second half. They looked a lot better than the first half...

[quote name="no-look" post="965447" timestamp="1297554967"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=79361.msg964958#msg964958 date=1297480133]
The report is that Jasper defeated Diboll at Diboll tonight.  Jasper did it the hard way in the second half of district picking up road wins against Pollok Central, Center, and Diboll.

This assures Jasper at worst a tie for second place in the district, and an outside chance at a 3 way tie for first.

Dogs, they said you could not do it!  Congratulations on winning all your second half district games!   :)

I think this proves that the "scoring table" brouhaha was pure bunkum.  Jasper proved they deserved to win by doing it on the road against some of the district's top teams.
[/quote]asper played good ball the second half. They looked a lot better than the first half...
[/quote]
I think we have just seen typical Terry Young coaching.  His teams seem to get stronger as the season goes on.  Heck, who knows, they might even win a playoff game or two.

For sure, I believe that Jasper will work hard to represent the district well.  Now Jasper has to wait to see whether they will get the second or third spot after the tie breakers are sorted out.  The possibility for a three way tie for first is gone, but a two way tie for second is assured for Jasper and the Center/Hudson loser if I am seeing things accurately.  Jasper has played all its district games and Center and Hudson play their last game against each other.

It was a very competitive district.  With the right breaks any of the top six teams could have finished in the top three.  Incredible.

Standings:

18-3A        
Team     W     L
x-Center     9     2
x-Lufkin Hudson     9     2
x-Jasper     9     3
Diboll     6     5
Huntington     3     8
Pollok Central     3     8
Kirbyville     0     11

[quote name="shooter flatch" post="965730" timestamp="1297654816"]
I think Centrals district record is 2-9 and Huntington's is 4-7
[/quote]
I don't know either way.  I just picked this up from the season record thread.  If incorrect, hopefully someone will fix it there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123