18-3A: 1st round in the books

shooter

Second round will be interesting. Every team except Kirbyville has a chance. Central is 1-5 but have lost some tight games. They lost to Hudson and Huntington on the road by a total of three points. They lost to Center by four or five at Center. They have all home games left except Kirbyville. They are going to beat some people the second round.....

[quote name="no-look" post="952944" timestamp="1295713131"]
Second round will be interesting. Every team except Kirbyville has a chance. Central is 1-5 but have lost some tight games. They lost to Hudson and Huntington on the road by a total of three points. They lost to Center by four or five at Center. They have all home games left except Kirbyville. They are going to beat some people the second round.....
[/quote]
And Central played scary close to Jasper at Jasper.  It is difficult to see them making up five losses in just six games but they surely will pick up some second half wins and have a big say in who does make the playoffs.  And they might even be able to nab the third spot depending on who beats who.  Clearly, they have the ability and should only get better as their young players get more experience.

Thanks for posting those standings.

The second half will be even more entertaining than the first half which was great. If you like hard fought, competitive HS basketball, this district is your ticket.

IMO Hudson is going to really be pressed to hold on to that first place spot and if J. Davis even misses a quarter in a game against the top teams, Hudson will be in big trouble.

Hope to see some folks out at the games.

Hudson dosent hold the top spot.  Center does.  They have the same record but Center beat them which puts them in the front.  The 3 spots could really go to anyone.  Some teams have more of chance after the first half than any but nothing is clear cut.  All teams should have 3 home games and 3 away, just depends on who is away and who is home.  I would think the teams that have Kirbyville away would have a slight upper hand because they eill be beat at home or at their place by anyone in district. Also, I would compare schedules and see who has Central at Central.  That could give some teams a slight edge.  I wouldnt want to play Central at Central.  They have some of the best guards I have seen in awhile, their point guard is very good, I havent seen anyone see the court as well as him in a long time.  It is nice to see players making passes that are spectacular than a 3 to me.  The kid from Central thread the needle with about 4-5 passes for easy layups and he is just a freshman.  Nice player.  Second half will be fun to watch.  Wish we had the schedules of all teams and could compare home and away but Im not sure that that would even give that great of an indication.  Good luck to all.  I know Huntington starts with their bye which is good for a break and rest. Then they have Center at Center.  Diboll at Huntington.  Jasper at Jasper. Kirbyville at Huntington.  Hudson at Huntington.  Central at Central.   

[quote name="meadowlark" post="953745" timestamp="1295879496"]

The second half will be even more entertaining than the first half which was great. If you like hard fought, competitive HS basketball, this district is your ticket.

IMO Hudson is going to really be pressed to hold on to that first place spot and if J. Davis even misses a quarter in a game against the top teams, Hudson will be in big trouble.

[/quote]Lark, What do you think Diboll will do differently this game at Hudson? I saw the first game at Diboll. If Diboll can keep the turnovers down it will help.....seems that Hudson scored a lot of trash buckets.....should be a close game.

[quote name="no-look" post="953971" timestamp="1295912814"]
[quote author=meadowlark link=topic=79129.msg953745#msg953745 date=1295879496]

[/quote]Lark, What do you think Diboll will do differently this game at Hudson? I saw the first game at Diboll. If Diboll can keep the turnovers down it will help.....seems that Hudson scored a lot of trash buckets.....should be a close game.
[/quote]

Yes, I was really disappointed in the kids effort in the game at Diboll. Too many turnovers, too many sloppy passes, and too many times they got out of the game plan. I'm expecting a much better effort and believe they will take better care of the ball this time.  If they can stick to the game plan, it will be a great game. 

See you there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin